can this forum be deleted?

Edan-Grossman

Jan 19, 2013
Some time ago, they said that they will release the non-emulated tables. They never said that they abandoned the 3ds, they have just been very quiet about it.

Maybe the upcoming interview with Bobby King can provide us with an update on the current status.

I'm still hopeful that this will happen.

Deltaechoe

Aug 30, 2013
I really wouldn't be surprised if the 3ds project has been shelved, while Nintendo is committed to allowing self publishing and indie titles, they aren't very clear on how to get it done. Another point is that, at least in my personal experience, Nintendo's systems are a pain in the butt to develop on. I haven't personally worked on code for either the 3ds or the Wii U so I don't know for certain if this is still the case, but I suspect it is so.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Worth leaving it open until Farsight officially put the nail in the coffin. We will probably see some of the simpler tables at some point.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Personally, I can't see TPA being very good on 3ds.

Not that it couldn't run the geometry, but the screens parallax barrier really puts a choke hold on the screen's resolution sadly. And we all know how people feel when they can't read a letter on a tiny insert somewhere.

It would be cool in 3d, but that screen otherwise is not that great.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
The Pinball games from the developers of Pro Pinball for DS and DSi used both screens, which worked out well. I know it wouldn't be feasible with emulation (which seems to be off the cards, though I'm curious of the performance updates to the 3DS hardware made things any easier) and 3D would have to be off for this screen mode to work, but it would be nice to have the option. Then again, I like Zen's ports to 3DS, despite the text being harder to see. It would also be nice to see a pinball game support Circle Pad Pro for the plunger, if possible.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
If 3DS info is pulled, then now what? I see Wikipedia's info is out of date, unless a Farsight member lays the rumors to rest.

dreassic

Banned
Oct 26, 2013
Should just remove all nintendo sstem threads, no sane nintendo only gamer should ever buy their games with the way they have treated us.
They don't deserve a single dime from us.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I don't think we're missing much in hindsight. Compare Zen's 3DS pinball to their console versions and the 3DS completely pales in comparison.

I do wish that The Williams Collection made its way to Europe. I feel like that was a big miss...

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
I don't think we're missing much in hindsight. Compare Zen's 3DS pinball to their console versions and the 3DS completely pales in comparison.

I like the 3DS versions myself. I agree they pale in comparison, but they still run at a decent frame rate and play well. The comparison isn't a fair one anyway and they actually run somewhat better than on the iPad one, which does have more powerful hardware (to be fair, 3DS has a lower resolution). I still play the console ones over it at home, but I like having portable versions with real controls since I find pinball well suited for on the go play. Pinball Pulse, a DSi game, is still the best pinball playable on 3DS, though. I wish developers would take cues from that game and make something like it for 3DS.

Last edited:

dreassic

Banned
Oct 26, 2013
They should quit making these games for Nintendo systems, with their latest comments, they basically shat on the entire fanbase.
No Nintendo fan worth their salt will buy games from this **** dev anymore, rather pirate it on PC like it deserves to be.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.