Controls

Illuminosopher

Apr 12, 2012
I am wondering about controls, will it be game pad only will we be able to use pro or wiimote?
also on the game pad will you be able to play on just the game pad, if so could you make it landscape (landscape the right word?) and use The B and X for flippers and right analog stick for plunger and tilt sensors for .. well the tilt?
(if not the sensors maybe the left analog stick for tilt)

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
I am wondering about controls, will it be game pad only will we be able to use pro or wiimote?
also on the game pad will you be able to play on just the game pad, if so could you make it landscape (landscape the right word?) and use The B and X for flippers and right analog stick for plunger and tilt sensors for .. well the tilt?

Hey this is an interesting topic. The Wii U has the best control options of any system. I think that the Wiimotes would be awesome. But the Wii U pro controller is a must. The gamepad is great to full on, but not the best way to play on a TV screen. Wii U needs gamepad play but also normal, non gamepad control when playing on a big flatscreen.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012

A noble question indeed. A better question is why in the heck is FarSight still advertising TPA as "available for the WiiU", and has been advertised since the initial announcement-in 20-freakin'-12?

Just check both pages seconds ago-and WiiU is still there!

Doesn't seem to me as if any control can be used on it.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I think external controller support is a must for using the DMD on Gamepad option. I have a stand for my Gamepad with a rotating mount for it and ideally I'd be using either a Pro Controller or Remote+Nunchuk with the Gamepad in the stand placed where I could see it. I can't see not supporting the Pro Controller at a minimum for local multiplayer, so I'm hopeful Farsight will include that.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
It's a moot point, as frankly, I don't see a Wii U version ever coming. Could be wrong... eventually. I suppose.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
It's a moot point, as frankly, I don't see a Wii U version ever coming. Could be wrong... eventually. I suppose.

Apparently you were. But who would have guessed it by now.

The options are there, but being that we are missing analog triggers (my only gripe about Wii U Controllers), we will be losing out on two stage flippers.

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
Hey this is an interesting topic. The Wii U has the best control options of any system. I think that the Wiimotes would be awesome. But the Wii U pro controller is a must. The gamepad is great to full on, but not the best way to play on a TV screen. Wii U needs gamepad play but also normal, non gamepad control when playing on a big flatscreen.

Wow, I said that back in May of 2015. Now that the game is out... I must say that nothing has changed. The game is very well done, but man, o man does it need pro controller support :) I soooo want to believe that it will be a feature in the first update. They kind of told me it would be in an e-mail. The game is just this one feature shy of Wii U perfection.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Yeah if they add DMD on the gamepad I think Pro Controller support needs to be in place. I had hoped to put my Gamepad in a stand and position it below the TV so I could switch focus without looking into my lap.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.