RBION Tactics and Strategies

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Thanks for the advice, Squid, but I think my problem is one of failure to execute rather than lack of knowledge. I know what to do and what to aim for, but I always seem to miss ever so slightly, especially in the closing seconds of a round (and that shrunken head's countdown doesn't help). This is better than I was doing, since I used to aim for one ramp and hit the other.

I understand the ball's bounciness has been toned down a bit in the PS3 version, and on iOS it seems easier to trap and control the ball as well, so maybe once the 360 gets its update that will help some.

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
It's funny that you mention trap and control. These are the absolute fundamentals of my game play. (even during multi-balls)

I'm not trying to knock on anyone, I just wanna clear up some confusion for everyone.

DH_Kevin77

Jul 28, 2012
The Atlantis goal has been giving me trouble for weeks. Just the fact that you have to complete seven continents to get their letters is what is stopping me. I've never been one to look for an easy way when it comes to pinball, but just this once... Well anyway thanks for the tips on stacking the continents and multi-balls, I would not have thought of doing that myself.

Judi Chop

May 10, 2012
Finally made it to Atlantis today! I think its been the most satisfying goal I've achieved on any of the tables. A lot of the info from this post really helped me out in finally being able to complete it. The backhand shot to the right ramp, stacking continents. At first i wasn't a big fan of this table, but after some time and practice, learning how to play it with some strategy has really made this table one of my favorites.

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
I'm glad I could help out some. I had no interest in Ripley at first but, one day my step-son got a decent score over mine. That wasn't happenin' on my watch!
The fun I get out of this table was in the discovery on how to play it. I also believe it has some of the best flipper action. The variety of precision shots (and knowing when to hit them) is staggering and I get the least amount of BS-through-the-flipper action.

A recent Ripley discovery: Starting a 2X scoring bonus during Europe will reset its timer. I always wondered why Europe was taking longer to finish at times.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Definately notice the flippers playing this table after others. Master the temple shot from both flippers and the nudge to choose lanes, alot of EXTRA BALLS/SPECIAL can be found.

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
Oddly enough, I can't hit the temple with the right flipper.

I get my share of temple gems but, I never nudge up there. I thoroughly abuse the 2X scoring bonus. No needless nudging there. A little from column A,..a little from column C. No B, unless I feel extra hungry.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Oddly enough, I can't hit the temple with the right flipper.

Indeed, it's close to impossible due to the angle of the ramp

A recent Ripley discovery: Starting a 2X scoring bonus during Europe will reset its timer. I always wondered why Europe was taking longer to finish at times.
The game keeps track of only 1 timer at a time, therefor any timer based mode will be reset when you start a new timer based mode. they showed this in the PAPA tutorial. I like how you found this out but think a little more ambitious and reverse what you found out: reset the 2x timer with the Europe one :). Then again with the Asia one :). Then again with the Road trip one! (No I haven't managed this yet, although I have prolongued Europe with Asia and Road Trip). It's all this stacking, resetting and enhancing of different modes and multiballs that makes this table rock :)

Are there any other Timer based modes? Australia and South America don't count as timers, I know that much.

Last edited:

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
Thanks for enlightening me on the workings of the timer. I think you just solidified my continent touring strategy.
I wish I could see some of the PAPA videos. My only browser, a PS3, is quite limited.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
And finally...

ATLANTIS!

Only took four months, three trips through the continents, two Frog Frenzies along the way, and a partridge and a pear tree. :p

(By the way: Collecting all 7 Super Jackpots in one multiball for FF is also intensely satisfying.)

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
And finally...

ATLANTIS!

Only took four months, three trips through the continents, two Frog Frenzies along the way, and a partridge and a pear tree. :p

(By the way: Collecting all 7 Super Jackpots in one multiball for FF is also intensely satisfying.)

Congrats!

I'm still working on both this and FF, but losing hope. I go through the continents multiple times, get about 4 extra balls, play for 2+ hours, and still only average about 4 letters.

I love a good challenge, but I kind of wish these weren't Wizard Goals. So my trophies continue to sit at 90%..

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
And finally...

ATLANTIS!

Ok, NOW you can join my league :p

jk, grats

ps: how steady was your aim shooting that final continent scoop?

sixmillion

Aug 9, 2012
And finally...

ATLANTIS!

Can you tell me how you did this, I seem to have trouble with multiball and hitting the super jackpots? What is your tecnique for this ?

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
On behalf of the Atlanteans,.. Congratulations!

As Ripley would say, "Do it again" ;)

I once got the shrunken head to say, "Super Ja-gimme-an-oh!"

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Ok, NOW you can join my league :p

jk, grats

ps: how steady was your aim shooting that final continent scoop?
Heh heh, thanks. Only took 2 shots for final scoop. I will admit my heart rate would have put the Bride's "Increased Pulse" to shame!

Only 2 shots to put the Powerball in the Slot Machine for Lost in the Zone on a real TZ too (my first LITZ in 10 years)...today's been a good day in pinball! :)

sixmillion

Aug 9, 2012
I thoroughly abuse the 2X scoring bonus. No needless nudging there. A little from column A,..a little from column C. No B, unless I feel extra hungry.

Maybe I misunderstand how to get the 2x scoring bonus, but how do you get the 2x scoring bonus at will ? I thought that it was a random award ?

sixmillion

Aug 9, 2012
I just had the game of my life !!!!!!!!!! I got ATLANTIS! twice in the same game and frog frenzy once. After playing this game all week Atlantis and frog frenzy were the only two goals left on this table for me. I did a lot of reading on these forums here and got a lot of good tips, thanks to you guys.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.