RBION Tactics and Strategies

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
Well I just had the game of my life! My personal goals are met. (I only wanted 2bil)

I'm done with this table.

sixmillion

Aug 9, 2012
Well I just had the game of my life! My personal goals are met. (I only wanted 2bil)

I'm done with this table.

Squid that is an amazing score !! good job pal. I read your post in this forum which helped me along with my achivements.

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
Thanks man! I don't deserve all the credit, really. My buddy Sam Adams probably had something to do with keeping me in the zone.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Heh heh heh. That graph should be labeled "perceived programming skill" on the Y axis.

And I don't know how anyone can play pinball well while drinking. Informal testing on a sample of one indicates about a 10% hit to the score for each drink consumed.

More on topic: Squid, that 3B score is ridiculous. And to think I was bouncing off the walls at 328M.

ParallaxScroll

Aug 21, 2012
I don't really bother with Atlantis mode. I'll play it if it comes up, but the continents seem to be a lot more lucrative in the long run. Each time you finish all 7 continents you get awarded cumulative points for every previous time you've played the continent modes. Keep repeating the continents and you'll start to get some obscene point values when you finish them all.

sixmillion

Aug 9, 2012
More on topic: Squid, that 3B score is ridiculous. And to think I was bouncing off the walls at 328M.

I know that is quite the accomplishment, when I got 500 plus mil on this table it was near midnight when I finished and I had to work in the morning, I could hardly sleep I was so estatic and full of energy. That is what I like about pinball. If I had finished the latest video game on the market I don't feel the same way I do when achieving a high score on pinball.

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
I wish I could quote you guys, so many great responses and the graph. Thanks.

This just goes to show what a motivated Marine and his machine can do. I devote myself to a table or two and attack. (I've been done with ToM for a while. Durn rollover)

Mr Parallax summed it up pretty good. Blow through them continents like a madman. Exploiting the temple for a 2X bonus while you're traveling is a great thing to factor into your gameplay, especially at the end of your travels. (And, its really not that difficult)

Ripley has a real good flow about it, once you can see it. That was the hard part, figuring out the simple things that make the game flow amidst all the confusing rules and crazy sh..tuff goin' on.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
I wish I could quote you guys, so many great responses and the graph. Thanks.

This just goes to show what a motivated Marine and his machine can do. I devote myself to a table or two and attack. (I've been done with ToM for a while. Durn rollover)

Mr Parallax summed it up pretty good. Blow through them continents like a madman. Exploiting the temple for a 2X bonus while you're traveling is a great thing to factor into your gameplay, especially at the end of your travels. (And, its really not that difficult)

Ripley has a real good flow about it, once you can see it. That was the hard part, figuring out the simple things that make the game flow amidst all the confusing rules and crazy sh..tuff goin' on.

TOM doesnt rollover anymore. Well, you're local highscore does but the leaderboard one shouldnt anymore (it doesnt on 360 for sure after the update).

the ajp

Jun 17, 2012
Thanks to this thread and the papa tutorial someone posted i have now beaten all the wizard goals and got a respectable score of 397 million .. so thanks for the help guys :)

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Managed to gain 100 million on my previous best after watching the PAPA tutorial but that's still some way off some of the highest scores :eek:

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
Ripley is the only table im any good at. I agree with all the tips everyone gives here. Control your shots, go with a routine of flow play. After my firts atlantis I only invest time on getting a letter on Austrailia and Asia, since those cant be rushed by losing a ball on purpose like on america, antartica and south america. I stack continents as much as possible as fast. And going for a 2x is a must before a continent tour.

Last edited:

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
I dont mind atlantis or frog frenzy. I personally hate FF because it is bugged and the points are not that good. Im trying to think of a way altogether to avoid bumpers on the left. I honestly dont chase the super jackpots because the points are not that good either and the risk of losing control of the ball on bumpers is too much. I hate the bumpers

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
Atlantis becomes quite lucrative, in points, the further you play the game. Temple gems play a big part in expanding the amount of Atlantis jackpots. (so does a 2X scoring bonus) I always go for the Ripley letters. On one of my best games, 42 letters were collected. (that's 6 Atlantises) On the later Atlantises, I was scoring between 100-250million each. That's not quite chump change there.

Frog Frenzy is only worth it if you can start it during a Ripoff or the standard (Puke Balls) multi-ball. I score around 100million on each FF. (the Ripoff or standard multi-ball is still scoring under the veil of the FF)

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
Atlantis becomes quite lucrative, in points, the further you play the game. Temple gems play a big part in expanding the amount of Atlantis jackpots. (so does a 2X scoring bonus) I always go for the Ripley letters. On one of my best games, 42 letters were collected. (that's 6 Atlantises) On the later Atlantises, I was scoring between 100-250million each. That's not quite chump change there.

Frog Frenzy is only worth it if you can start it during a Ripoff or the standard (Puke Balls) multi-ball. I score around 100million on each FF. (the Ripoff or standard multi-ball is still scoring under the veil of the FF)

It appears im missing those points, because i always drain FF (i let the clock run with no play to rest), i really have never got such nice points on atlantis on the later part, and we are talking at least 4 Atlintis in a regular game. Somehow i only get to score around 50sh. How many jackpots do you nail in your regular atlantis and whats the value of your jack pots? Mine are around 10 million in the last atlantises in a game, Thats when i start chasing it. But honestly it ends up draining before i get anywhere around 200 million total, or close. Most times at most 60 ish mills total.

Last edited:

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
Squid i did not know about gems and atlantis relation. Can you explain how each gem affects atlantis? Thanks. Also, do you hit a 2x every time you go for atlantis?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.