Designated Complaint Area: PC Release Timeframe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
In order that members who want to vent about the PC release timeframe can do so without fear of having their posts removed, while members who do not want to read such complaints can avoid them easily, we have established this Designated Complaint Area[sup]TM[/sup] for such topics. Moderation here will be minimal - but personal attacks (on other members and/or individual FarSight employees) are still prohibited.

Posts regarding the PC release timeframe in areas other than this Designated Complaint Area will be deleted or moved here at moderator discretion.

Last edited:

Kovatsh

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
I wasted my time buying the 360 version, and now I want to play the PC version. All I want is to play real pinball tables.

My Android phone doesn't run this game properly. So my only option is playing it on Steam. I don't have any Apple products or a PS3.

I will buy the season 1 and 2 packs right away if they come out before November.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Why can't we merge this with "It's August", you stupid... (Hey, I was complaining:D)

Because that's a seperate series that is now becoming another tpaf meme.

Because I'm supposed to complain...I hate the way some cereals cut my gums up!...yeah!

zoid

Banned
Aug 6, 2013
Farsight, it's about time to release the god damn game. You pushed the release date too much. If you don't release it in the following days, I will stomp my foot out of rage and scream, and scream, and scream again until I get sick, and you know I can!

Sincerly,
RELEASE THE GAME FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. :mad:

Last edited:

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
im starting a kickstarter for a keyboard

pay a dollar, ill friend you

pay 10 ill be nice to you

pay 40 and ill marry you

kthxbai

KRYTEN4000gti

Sep 27, 2013
Ok, so this is an interesting way to put in a first post on this site, but here goes. First, I am really anxious to start playing TPA on Steam. Why? Because I have always loved pinball, have rescued two tables from a local arcade (Data East - Star Wars and Williams - Black Knight) and have been a fan of TPA since I picked it up in 2009 for the PS3. I have also worked in and around IT my entire adult life. I completely understand how hard these guys (and the beta testers) are working and appreciate how difficult it is to turn out good quality software. (No, really, I am the only non-programmer in my circle of friends)

In my job I have to deal with clients all day long. I have learned that the best thing I can do is to talk to them and let them know what is going on with their systems, etc. (not try to sell them something everytime I talk to them). The exception to that is when something has gone horribly wrong. Then I need to be talking to them even more than usual. That is part of why I get their money. They know that they can find me (if I haven't already found them) when the chips are down. This is the source of much of the frustration that is being vented both here and on the Steam forums (yes, I have a similar post over there). Nothing from Farsight to their fanbase who only want to buy their product. I saw this site mentioned on the steam site so I came over and have read over what is going on with the beta testing. That has helped with having some realistic expectations. What would have headed off most of what has gone on would have been an (honest) weekly official update. Both the good and the bad. Instead all we have had (on Steam at least) is missed targets (I didn't really consider it a "promise") and silence. Is this evil? Not really, I know that they are busy. But until I was able to get over here and educate myself a bit on what the current state of development was I really wasn't comfortable putting my money in an unknown. At least now I can make an informed decision which is all I think most of the folks have been asking for.

Well, that about wraps it up and gets that "first post" thing out of the way. Apologies if I interrupted anyone's rant or added anything serious. Please resume regular programming.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
I like big games and I can not lie
You other brothers can't deny
That when pinball arcade's released
And all those balls are in your face
You get sprung

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
Ok, so this is an interesting way to put in a first post on this site, but here goes. First, I am really anxious to start playing TPA on Steam. Why? Because I have always loved pinball, have rescued two tables from a local arcade (Data East - Star Wars and Williams - Black Knight) and have been a fan of TPA since I picked it up in 2009 for the PS3. I have also worked in and around IT my entire adult life. I completely understand how hard these guys (and the beta testers) are working and appreciate how difficult it is to turn out good quality software. (No, really, I am the only non-programmer in my circle of friends)

Welcome to the forums :)

pyroxian

May 25, 2012
"No-one remembers when a good game is shipped late"
"Everyone remembers when a bad/buggy game was shipped early"

Kovatsh

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
"No-one remembers when a good game is shipped late"
"Everyone remembers when a bad/buggy game was shipped early"

What a stupid quote. It's hardly even relevant. Nothing is being shipped and these days games get patched.

TPA came out as a buggy mess on PS3 and 360 but they still got "shipped". What's stopping them now from doing the same thing.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
What a stupid quote. It's hardly even relevant. Nothing is being shipped and these days games get patched.

TPA came out as a buggy mess on PS3 and 360 but they still got "shipped". What's stopping them now from doing the same thing.

Buggy game at launch equals less sales which is a bad thing. This is pretty simple. Yes they can patch it up later but there's no guarantee the people that got bummed out and told their friends about it will give it another go and reverse their position afterwards.

e: not to mention most professional games reviews won't go back to revise their opinions later

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
They definitely shouldn't release it until the tilt sensitivity issue gets fixed. As it is now, it's a pretty major exploit as you can essentially guide the ball around without tilting. You could keep a game going for ages if you're patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts