First impression

Man-Machine

Dec 6, 2012
Oh dear: not the Dr. Dude-syndrome is it: a potentially great table destroyed by bad music and taunts?
It plays really well, though, and seems to well re-created. Very fluid gameplay and a interesting enough storyline.
The roulette thing gets a plus.
The entering of initials is almost impossible which is very irritating but I'm sure thar will get fixed.
I actually like this better than HH but with the sound turned very low.

Last edited:

tyche

Oct 6, 2012
I'm liking the the game so far. It plays well and I don't mind the taunts. I do need to read up on the instructions to understand the whole playfield but I've been playing it a lot regardless.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I played the real pin only once and it didn't leave much of an impression one me.
I'm surprised how much I'm enjoying Tee'd Off. I knew I would love Haunted House, but Tee'd Off is sneaky fun.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Tee'd Off: I remember playing this game in the Gottlieb Collection a long time back... Now that this game is on TPA, I feel rejuvenated and ready to play some more. It's as fun as I remember it!

N

netizen

I played the real pin only once and it didn't leave much of an impression one me.
I'm surprised how much I'm enjoying Tee'd Off. I knew I would love Haunted House, but Tee'd Off is sneaky fun.

So long as you don't get S-K-I-N'd in the double or nothing round DOH!

Eegah

May 12, 2013
How do you actually pick up the letters in SKINS!? The instructions lay out what it does but never how to actually get them.

I like the table, probably more than HH. Nice substitute for NGG I guess, since the opaque ramps in the latter on iOS make it way more frustrating that it should be.

CC13

Sep 1, 2012
How do you actually pick up the letters in SKINS!? The instructions lay out what it does but never how to actually get them.

I like the table, probably more than HH. Nice substitute for NGG I guess, since the opaque ramps in the latter on iOS make it way more frustrating that it should be.

You start the Spell S-K-I-N-S round and try to collect as many letters as you can (you also need the exclamation mark at the end). Once you do that, you'll be given the choice of playing Skins or taking 10M points and the game calling you chicken. As for my impressions, it's fun in small-to-medium doses, but the gopher hole is way too valuable (I've racked up over 1B points in Lightning Storm just by shooting it over and over again), there really isn't much depth to the game and Gunther's picture on the BG is creepy as all hell (though it's not a patch on the topper). More to the point, FS screwed up the HoF balance again (1000 HoF=16B points, if my math is right), meaning that games will need to go on for a long time if you want to raise your HoF score by any appreciable amount. Still, this isn't nearly as bad a table as I'd been led to believe, so I'll probably pick it up again once the initial entry and wizard goal bugs get sorted out.

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
I meant where do you actually collect the letters?

At the Volcano (upper left kicker hole). I believe there's a TPA bug here as the goal in Skins mode is to light as many letters as possible before time runs out, which means hitting the Volcano as many times as possible. But, if you get a letter and immediately hit the Volcano again without hitting anything else on the way, you don't get the next letter - it appears that in order for another letter to be awarded you gotta hit something else and THEN hit the Volcano again, and that don't seem right.

Eegah

May 12, 2013
Gotcha, thanks.

Can you rock the volcano multiple times on a real-world table? That kindof smells like a bug in the ROM.

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
BUG REPORT:

uh, first i gambled 800M on the double or nothing and lost - bloody bugger made me aim for that impossible target on the right.
next time i had a good game, i gambled 1.4B on it, and again lost as this time it accelerated down the left inlane and i never touched it.

this time i decided not to risk it, so when i got up to 1.6B and it offered, i said no and took the 10M instead. this was already my high score, so predictably enough not only was entering initials impossible, but it went from me trying and failing to get initials in (i think i got 2 in) to a screen where it keeps saying 'shoot the ball' but the plunger doesn't work, neither does the pause button, view button, changing to landscape view, or any attempts at tilting. all i could do was close the app, but when i come back to it, the same stuck screen. happened twice now, last time i rebooted the ipad. this time i'm still hoping it's been saved as it's my best score, but holding out little hope. iOS 6 on ipad2

despite all the above, i think it's great fun. so far i can't stand HH.

hi scores on both so far: TO about 1.6B, HH about 370K

Dan

Chris Dunman

Apr 11, 2012
Agreeing with Dan Dan the pinball man here. Loving this pin. Good fun. Minor blips but I'm not bothered, they'll get sorted. Can't get on with HH at all.

David Greene

Sep 25, 2012
BUG REPORT:

it accelerated down the left inlane and i never touched it.

entering initials impossible

I see reading back the initials bug has been addressed, good. However, I don't see anything about the inlane. FYI, in addition to the acceleration issue, occasionally the ball will roll out of the left inlane out towards the playfield (instead of along the flipper as expected) thus disrupting timing.

Patrick

May 21, 2012
I have a bug with multiball. I don't have time to launch the ball, the game goes on the "playing camera" view too fast. Second ball can't be launched...

Patrick

May 21, 2012
Multiball is really buggy. I had a ball ingame with multiball on and the game ended...
How can this pass the beta testing???

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.