First impression

Chris Dunman

Apr 11, 2012
Not liking this table at all I'm afraid. The looks don't impress. The attic looking like a metal pizza box glued on at the last minute giving the whole thing a meccano type appearance.

Loads of people on the forum love it though so gonna persevere and get deeper into the ruleset. Hopefully it'll grow on me

mpclemens

Jun 26, 2013
It's a challenging table. My "skill shot" is landing the attic kicker from the plunge. Otherwise it's as described above -- right down the gap between those two flippers. Maddening! Also: I love it. Lighting all 1-2-3-4-5 feels like a real achievement here.

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
Gonna agree with Cap'n Chris on this one, my first impression after about an hour of flipping is that this will be a game I play very rarely, as it just isn't any fun. There's no humour, no excitement, no what-if speculation, no lovely lightshow or great sound package to make up for the nothing gameplay.

I'll try to get about 200 HOF points on it (about 1.2M I reckon, as my current best of 372K got me 62) to maintain my place in the table - currently in the low 120s and dreaming of top 100 - and then probably not play it again after that.

Eegah

May 12, 2013
More like Haunted Houseballs.

Hey what is the ball hitting when you're trying to trap on the left side of the attic? Doesn't seem like there's anything there but I seem to hit a sling or something when I trap up.

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012

Hey what is the ball hitting when you're trying to trap on the left side of the attic? Doesn't seem like there's anything there but I seem to hit a sling or something when I trap up.

yeah seems like some kind of weird magnet maybe?

mpclemens

Jun 26, 2013

Edge of the pop, maybe? I'm seeing this, too. It's a weird bouncy spot.

EDIT: I managed to get the ball caught in there, and have been able to reproduce it regularly. Listed as a bug in the Android forum, though it may be platform-wide?

Last edited:

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
I don't understand how they managed to do it, but I actually find it legitimately scary in places.

I've been playing the beta for weeks, but today I heard a piece of music I hadn't heard at all, and I actually froze up and messed up my game because I thought the audio was glitching because it was so high pitched out of nowhere (bear in mind I was playing in the dark with headphones on).

And the ending theme, it's like a punch in the gut, the chords just seem to trigger a sense of impending doom.

It's incredible, sure the game itself gets a little stale after a while (especially with the instadrains considering I barely nudge), but the sound package is top notch and it's a pleasure to have such an iconic table like this to play about with if I want.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
Aside from the camera problem with skinny screens on portrait orientation, I'm liking it. You'd think it'd play like an elaboration of Black Hole, but it doesn't at all. Drains on the lower playfield are much harder to avoid, but the stakes there are also much lower, since it just returns to the main playfield. The outward-facing flippers on the upper playfield are a nice mind-screw, though I agree that the plain metal box surrounding it seems artless.

haj

Sep 28, 2012
The ball looks in gold or champagne, oh that's current trend, in the underneath field. I actually kinda like it. iPad2/OS6

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
The music is the famous Tocatta and Fugue in D Minor, traditionally attributed to J.S. Bach, though he may not have actually written it.

Tom

Sep 9, 2012
The ball speed is WAY to fast on this table imo, a widebody especially from the 80's era should not be this fast.

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
The ball speed is WAY to fast on this table imo, a widebody especially from the 80's era should not be this fast.
this is also an issue on other tables too that came in recent packs. there were also some huge bugs that came with the table in its present form. No extra ball awarded for special or extra ball.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
The nudge certainly looks more liberal in the video they released.
I also think it plays too fast.
Still enjoying very much though.

night

May 18, 2012
I just can't stop playing HH, it's really a wonderfull table, never a dull moment. And again, compliments to the graphics team, details are well done.

FelixTheCat

Dec 25, 2012
Please forgive me for perhaps stating the obvious, but Haunted House's attic is the only instance (that comes to mind, aside from Zen Pinball) where you control a "left" flipper with the right button and vice versa. Thus the strangeness. :)

Agreed, that attic flipper reversed control scheme takes some getting used to. Goes against instinct and feels unnatural.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.