Bug Bumping captive ball releases ball

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
On my iPad, if I hit the captive ball near the top hard enough (and it's not that hard - just needs a direct hit) it'll rattle around a bit then be no longer captive - so you get a "free" multiball. Of course, the game doesn't know it, so the instant either ball drains, the ball is over.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I actually was able to nudge it out after knocking it up. It squirted out to the "pitch n putt" side.

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
i had the opposite happen -- i hit the captive ball pretty hard, and somehow BOTH balls ended up in the captive area! luckily, call attendant actually worked :)

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Yeah, I noticed when it escapes, it comes out near the pitch and putt. And I have accidentally shot it through the captive area (I didn't see where it went - all I know is the ball disappeared). But that happened once, while "free multiball" happened a few times with what seems like the lightest of taps. I'd say it's almost 50-50 that a captive ball hit will release it.

Are there jets located there that the captive ball hits?

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Spotted another multiball bug, don't know if it's related, but on PS3 occasionally a multiball mode will load three consecutive balls into the plunger, leading to a four ball multiball, which ends your ball when three balls drain. happens on at least regular multiball and cats and dogs. Haven't seen it happen on the gopher multiball, but don't get it as much so just might not have seen it. It seems to happen a few times in a row - I had it happen twice in two consecutive games (if I remember right).

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I just had this happen again and again I shot the original ball into the GOPHER hole wich kills the flippers and the loose captive drained counting as a drain ending that ball, Im just glad I wasnt at 10billion or higher.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
I had both of these happen, on the PC version:

i had the opposite happen -- i hit the captive ball pretty hard, and somehow BOTH balls ended up in the captive area! luckily, call attendant actually worked :)

I had the same, the regular ball disappearing into the captive area. Instead of calling the attendant, I played around trying to nudge the double captive balls into their bumpers. Never worked. But after about a minute of that, another ball appeared in the plunger. I don't know if TPA caused that or if the ROM did (don't know how Gottlieb machines handled ball searches and lost balls.) I played that ball for a while, hoping to take advantage of the double captive balls, but in fact that didn't work - when hit, both captive balls would barely move and not reach their bumpers.

Then eventually I did have the attendant fix the extra captured ball. The game didn't cope well with two balls in play, starting the bonus count when either drained, then launching two balls into the plunger lane. (This isn't unusual, lots of machines do that when the trough count gets inaccurate.)

Spotted another multiball bug, don't know if it's related, but on PS3 occasionally a multiball mode will load three consecutive balls into the plunger, leading to a four ball multiball, which ends your ball when three balls drain. happens on at least regular multiball and cats and dogs. Haven't seen it happen on the gopher multiball, but don't get it as much so just might not have seen it. It seems to happen a few times in a row - I had it happen twice in two consecutive games (if I remember right).

I had this happen too. I think it happened by getting credit for shot #9 but without multiball starting immediately, which I think can happen during Find the Gopher or maybe one of the other rounds. Multiball started when I shot the green hole, which is not the normal way for it to start. I vaguely remember having something else lit at the hole, not sure what, might have been the 8-holes-in-one Lightning Round. Anyway, the game plunged 3 additional balls, and the multiball ended when two drained with two still in play. This could be a ROM bug and not TPA's fault.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.