PC - Bug Unable to run the PC version through Steam anymore :(

enduser2941

Dec 30, 2012
Hey guys,

Not sure what happened here. I was able to play the PC version with out issue for a the first while I was testing things out, however, recently I have been having a problem. It seems to have all started this way. I had not loaded Steam or any Steam apps in a number of weeks. Last night, I attempted to open Steam and there was some kind of update. During that update, my entire PC crashed. When that happened, Win8 went through it's paces of saving all pertinent information to sent to MS, and then rebooted. When it came back up, I reopened Steam and Steam when ahead and grabbed all it's needed files and updated just fine. However, now when I attempt to opened the glorious Pinball Arcade, I get the following error.... in a Steam dialog box, "Pinball Arcade failed to start (error code 80)." I can however, launch the Configuration Utility with no issue and make any changes there, and the current settings are as follows..

Window Resolution = 1920 X 1080
Window Mode = Full Screen
Post Processing = Off
Anti-Aliasing = 12x

I have tried setting it to default, no change, still fails to start.

Here is what I have tried...

While in Steam, in my library, I have tried right clicking on Pinball Arcade> properties> Local Files> Verify Integrity of Game Cache. It goes through and validates the files and finds no problem. I have tried to delete all local content and then having it re-install the game, but that doesn't help either.

I have no issues open any other games, just this one.

Machine Stats

Quad Core Intel 3.2Ghz
8GB RAM
Windows 8
Steam API v012
Steam Package Version 1379786203 / 1379786203

Well guys, I am truly at a loss here. Again, even though I had that PC crash, during the initial Steam update, Steam has since fully updates, and no other games or any part of Steam are having issues. The OS recovered from the crash just fine, and nothing other then my beloved Pinball Arcade is having any problems, I have essentially re-installed Pinball Arcade through Steam, but still no such luck. I have opened this thread as a Bug, though this may not actually be a bug, I really am not sure. Please let me know if I have neglected to provide any vital information you may need in order to help get me back up and running.

Thanks so much!!!

John

russh1

Sep 1, 2012
You could try going to c:\users\yourname\my games and deleting the pinball arcade directory. Then relaunch. Otherwise I'm out of ideas.

enduser2941

Dec 30, 2012
Hey thanks Russh..... But hey guys, the weirdest thing just happened that will close this issue... For some very odd reason, a couple hours ago not long after I submitted this issues, my PC froze again.... Froze to the point that I have to pull the battery and force my laptop to shut down... When I brought the laptop back up, funny thing... Steam for some unknown went back into updating and and installing the updates again, and all of a sudden, the game is now working perfectly! I have no explanation for this entire situation! It's the weirdest thing, but hey, everything is now working so we are all good! Thanks! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts