iOS and Android: Tough Nuts Pinball

jhamdotme

Apr 14, 2012
Teaser Trailer:

There’s a new pinball table for iOS and Android called Tough Nuts Pinball. Right now, there are two tables, Fire Reaper and Mafia. Elite Forces is apparently on the way.

You can play them for free, using the consumable virtual coins that you start out with, and it seems like you can unlock these tables permanently with an in-app purchase. But even when you do this, you’re still nagged at the end of each game to spend your virtual coins to “continue.” Whatever that means.

I've only played this for a short while, but looking past these consumable in-app shenanigans, it looks and plays relatively decently. I'll have to spend some more time with this to get a better impression.

Homepage
iOS App Store

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Will probably give it a miss as it looks fairly generic. We're in a lucky situation these days that there are a lot of quality pinball games to choose from. A game will have to do something pretty unique to pull me away from TPA and Zen. Not necessarily a gimmick, but something that sets it apart from the big players.

I learned my lesson about trying every pinball game under the sun after downloading Pinballistik...

mystman12

Apr 21, 2013
I just realized, these are rip-offs of future pinball games. Fire Reaper is a rip-off of Flame Reaper, Elite Force is a rip-off of Metal Slug, and I'm not sure what Mafia is a rip-off of, maybe it's original, but I doubt it.

Edit: Well, what do you know! It seems like Tough Nuts actually contacted the creator of these games first! I wasn't expecting that!

Source: http://www.gopinball.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4194

Last edited:

Bravewall

Jul 5, 2014
I think this has potential. I'll always have room for more pinball but I don't want to clutter up my android with one and done table games. I am tempted to buy it, but I do want to make sure the special forces game is still coming out soon, and that they are still working on new ones. If its been out for almost a year on IOS and still hasn't released the third table, I'm a little bit skeptical on their ability to keep up.

I do like Fire Reaper in particular. There are some pretty unique concepts to that one.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
I think this has potential. I'll always have room for more pinball but I don't want to clutter up my android with one and done table games.
You can always uninstall it and reinstall if you want. The true wizards can earn enough goals to get coins for free playing. I like the simpler and not luckbased layout of the tables but I would also like a third table. I'm surprised about the Android release anyways. It has few ratings on the Appstore.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Mafia is rom's Die Hard layout, and not only did they ask permission, they paid the guy for the rights. So looks like they are on the up and up.

actually pretty awesome of them. now i'm almost tempted to buy....

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
I tried the two tables. I was underwhelmed by the physics. It felt even more fake than Zen's physics.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
I tried the two tables. I was underwhelmed by the physics. It felt even more fake than Zen's physics.
They aren't great but at least the shots are more precise than in VP. You can shoot the center drops in Flame/Fire Reaper easily. The ball however changes and may convert into other materials. Mafia uses a steel ball. Overall a little bit worse than Zen with similar flaws like e.g. lack of bouncing.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.