Skill Shot Goal

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
I can complete endless sets of Wizard goals for various tables, but I'll be damned if I can't hit this stupid skill shot.

It's driving me insane!!!

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Yeah, this is essentially bugged in the TPA implementation. The skill shot is a LOT easier in real life than in TPA.

Last edited:

Dumpstar

Apr 17, 2012
On the iOS version I have no problems getting it, but on the PS4 version it's impossible. Will try that nudging idea.

Dumpstar

Apr 17, 2012
Plus the fact that the plunger does not go all the way down (on the PS3 version, I don't know for the PS4)

See > http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/4133-PS3-Plunger-can-t-be-pulled-back-all-the-way

It goes all the way down on the PS4 version. You need to be at approx 50% to hit that area, but no matter what you do (ie 49% it doesn't make it around the corner, 51% it has too much momentum and goes all the way around), you just can't make the shot. Still haven't given nudging a go, I think I should aim for the 49% and nudge it gently around the bend. Plus if I make it, then I will have a trophy not many have!

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Nudging up when the ball is right of the center helps. (at least on Steam and Android). I can do it regularly for 1M points.

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
This is why I dislike the standard/wizard goals distinction. I've achieved the wizard goals (some of them several times over - this is my favorite table in TPA), but none of them count because I can't make that @#$%! skill shot.

Maybe I'll try nudging. I wouldn't have thought that would have helped on a plunger shot.

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
For the record, I finally got this today (completely by accident - I was in the middle of a very hot game and wasn't trying for it other than only plunging halfway).

ZREXMike

Jul 30, 2015
Experiment with the marks on the plunger, & see which mark results in completion. Doesn't always work, but gives you some reference point to shoot from. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.