The Pinball Arcade table ratings

Man-Machine

Dec 6, 2012
No 10s from med but several 9s. Not that I don't like some of the tables a lot but I want to keep the scale open in wait for The Table.
Surprised that Haunted House is in the bottom third.

debuggiest

Aug 10, 2013
What are we rating exactly? Their quality vs the real tables? Because I could only rank AFM, MM, MB, SS, FH, ST:TNG, T2, and NGG, as those are the only TPA tables I've played in real life... To be fair, most of the tables I rated were 7/8's, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
You're ranking your favorites.

I guess you rank it however you want though. If port quality is an issue then rank it lower? Idk. Your mileage may vary. Only ports I have an issue with are CV and Funhouse. The real life versions are way better IMO. And non-rom emulated stuff.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
shooting the darn head so much

You probably prefer castles, saucers, trunks, genies. Well, shooting at a ringmaster is weird. ;-)

I'm also suprised about the low ranking of HH considering that ist was on top of the wish list.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Voted! I'm just worried that people are voting based on how much they like the real table or theme, and not on how well TPA pulls off the translation of the virtual table. Because Medieval Madness being number 1, and it has had a flipper gap problem that is way off from the original and problems with using troll bombs, among others. .

The only TPA table I have also played in real life is White Water, so... no worries :)

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
In case anyone would have any reason to care at all what I think:

tparatings.jpg

(skipped and cut out the ones I haven't played)

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
The survey got so popular that the survey site I was using to host it decided they needed to charge me $20/month before we'd be able to access the votes after the first 100. : PPP So nuts to that, I just went and wrote my own. The text-based survey results are a lot easier to read now. So the survey is now and probably more or less forever hosted here:

The Pinball Arcade table ratings survey (http://smbhax.com/tpatr)

You *will* have to re-enter your selections if you voted on the old site, because yeah they wouldn't give me access to all the old vote data unless I forked over cash. : P The new one works pretty much just like the old one did, only don't just blindly re-enter your choices while reading down the list of the old one, because the new one has the tables listed in the survey in slightly different order (due to improved alphabetization--the three tables starting with "The" are in their proper order now, not just jammed under "T"). And it even has a FAQ (well, an "about" page) and a link back to this thread, too.

As far as I can tell the new survey is working smoothly, but let me know if you run into any weirdness with it.

If you ever want to refer anyone directly to the latest results, you can paste them this URL: http://smbhax.com/tpatr/?c=results

EDIT:

Added display of your own votes in the results, along with a direct comparison to the average. And now if you've voted there's a text box thingy below the results from which you can copy a plain text version of your votes (there's also been one down there of the overall average results) for easy copying and pasting into things like this forum--should be easier than a screen shot anyway.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Cool. Updated my votes to the new site. Glad I posted my choices in full earlier, or I'd have to of rethought my order all over again!

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Thanks for sticking with it, guys. : )

Think I'm done tinkering with it for the time being, I've just finished making it so you can sort the results list by clicking the column headers, ie to sort by your own ratings, alphabetically by table name, in reverse order of how many ratings each table has, etc etc.

Oh and say that's a good point about making a backup of your ratings just in case, syt. And it's really easy to do now, just click in the text box at the bottom of the results page, CTRL+C to copy that to your system's clipboard, then paste it into a text file somewhere.

Last edited:

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Come to think of it you really SHOULD make a backup because your votes are entirely tied to your device's current IP address, which could change at any time--depending on how your connection works--and leave you without online access to the ratings you entered from your old IP address.

So yeah use that little text box and paste your vote record somewhere, like on your computer or even in this thread. Hm wonder if I can manage to get mine in from my phone here...

My Pinball Arcade table ratings
——————————
9 — Funhouse
9 — Monster Bash
9 — Ripley's Believe It or Not!
9 — Star Trek: The Next Generation
9 — Terminator 2: Judgment Day
8 — Centaur
8 — The Champion Pub
8 — Firepower
8 — Medieval Madness
8 — No Good Gofers!
8 — Space Shuttle
8 — The Twilight Zone
8 — Whirlwind
7 — Attack from Mars
7 — Creature from the Black Lagoon
7 — Flight 2000
7 — Pin•Bot
7 — Scared Stiff
7 — Taxi
7 — Theatre of Magic
6 — Cactus Canyon
6 — Central Park
6 — Harley-Davidson Third Edition
6 — White Water
5 — Black Hole
5 — Black Knight
5 — Genie
5 — The Machine: Bride of Pin•Bot
5 — Tales of the Arabian Nights
4 — Big Shot
4 — Elvira and the Party Monsters
3 — Cirqus Voltaire
3 — Gorgar
2 — Dr. Dude
1 — Goin' Nuts
none — Haunted House
none — Tee'd Off

Sweet, guess I'm getting better with this silly phone.

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
——————————
10 — Monster Bash
10 — Ripley's Believe It or Not!
9 — Attack from Mars
9 — The Champion Pub
9 — Medieval Madness
9 — Theatre of Magic
8 — Cirqus Voltaire
8 — Scared Stiff
8 — Star Trek: The Next Generation
8 — Taxi
8 — Terminator 2: Judgment Day
8 — The Twilight Zone
7 — Big Shot
7 — Funhouse
7 — No Good Gofers!
7 — Whirlwind
6 — Elvira and the Party Monsters
6 — Tales of the Arabian Nights
5 — Creature from the Black Lagoon
5 — Harley-Davidson Third Edition
5 — The Machine: Bride of Pin•Bot
3 — Black Knight
2 — Black Hole
2 — Genie
2 — Gorgar
none — Cactus Canyon
none — Centaur
none — Central Park
none — Dr. Dude
none — Firepower
none — Flight 2000
none — Goin' Nuts
none — Haunted House
none — Pin•Bot
none — Space Shuttle
none — Tee'd Off
none — White Water

I voted on what I am more inclined to play. Good thread, Mr. smbhax. I too am getting quite used to this silly phone. I still wanna find out how bulletproof gorilla glass is, however.

Last edited:

Robbied13

May 31, 2012
My 2¢. CV would get a 10 if the high wire bug wasn't there. AFM & HH are vey well done and enjoyable. Great survey!

10 Attack from Mars
10 Haunted House
10 Monster Bash
9 Cirqus Voltaire
9 Creature from the Black Lagoon
9 Funhouse
9 Medieval Madness
8 Firepower
8 The Machine: Bride of Pin'Bot
8 Pin'Bot
8 Scared Stiff
8 Space Shuttle
8 Star Trek: The Next Generation
8 Terminator 2: Judgment Day
8 Theatre of Magic
8 The Twilight Zone
8 White Water
7 Big Shot
7 Cactus Canyon
7 Centaur
7 The Champion Pub
7 Dr. Dude
7 Elvira and the Party Monsters
7 Flight 2000
7 No Good Gofers!
7 Ripley's Believe It or Not!
7 Tales of the Arabian Nights
7 Taxi
7 Tee'd Off
7 Whirlwind
6 Gorgar
5 Black Hole
5 Black Knight
4 Central Park
4 Genie
4 Goin' Nuts
4 Harley-Davidson Third Edition

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
——————————
10 — Medieval Madness
10 — Monster Bash
10 — Ripley's Believe It or Not!
9 — Attack from Mars
9 — Centaur
9 — Creature from the Black Lagoon
9 — Whirlwind
8 — Cactus Canyon
8 — The Machine: Bride of Pin•Bot
8 — No Good Gofers!
8 — Terminator 2: Judgment Day
7 — Cirqus Voltaire
7 — Funhouse
7 — The Twilight Zone
6 — Dr. Dude
6 — Firepower
6 — Scared Stiff
5 — Pin•Bot
5 — Space Shuttle
5 — Star Trek: The Next Generation
4 — Tales of the Arabian Nights
4 — Theatre of Magic
4 — White Water
3 — The Champion Pub
3 — Elvira and the Party Monsters
3 — Taxi
2 — Big Shot
2 — Black Hole
2 — Gorgar
1 — Black Knight
1 — Central Park
1 — Genie
1 — Goin' Nuts
1 — Harley-Davidson Third Edition
none — Flight 2000
none — Haunted House
none — Tee'd Off

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
The survey now has your browser store a backup of your ratings as a browser cookie, so if you did lose the internet address under which you'd voted, which is how the survey keeps track of what you'd voted on so you can go back and update/edit it, the survey would retrieve your ratings automatically from the cookie on your local device, and register them under your new internet address--all of which should be completely transparent to the user, basically it means that only under a rare combination of disastrous misadventures should the survey not be able to retrieve your scores. Still, pasting a copy in here doesn't hurt a bit and it gives us something to talk about. : )

Speaking of which, I see a Centaur man there! That's cool, I need to get my head around that table better--every time I play it I have to spend a while getting back into those crazy rules.

night

May 18, 2012
——————————
10 — Haunted House
9 — Firepower
9 — Flight 2000
9 — Funhouse
9 — Space Shuttle
8 — Attack from Mars
8 — Black Hole
8 — Centaur
8 — Dr. Dude
8 — Theatre of Magic
7 — Big Shot
7 — The Champion Pub
7 — Cirqus Voltaire
7 — Creature from the Black Lagoon
7 — Elvira and the Party Monsters
7 — The Machine: Bride of Pin•Bot
7 — Pin•Bot
7 — Tales of the Arabian Nights
7 — Taxi
7 — Terminator 2: Judgment Day
7 — The Twilight Zone
6 — Goin' Nuts
6 — Gorgar
6 — Medieval Madness
6 — Monster Bash
6 — Ripley's Believe It or Not!
6 — Scared Stiff
6 — Star Trek: The Next Generation
6 — Whirlwind
6 — White Water
5 — Black Knight
5 — No Good Gofers!
5 — Tee'd Off
4 — Cactus Canyon
4 — Central Park
3 — Genie
1 — Harley-Davidson Third Edition

Jan 6, 2013
I see some of the people gave low scores for Centaur and Gorgar. I am 41 now and grew up with these tables i think F.s. did a wonderful job with the 2 and give both a 10.If you disagree ..well it is because you were probably born in the late 80s or 1990s or just a hater of the early 80s tables.There are some tables i do not like but i would not score them a one because of that. That table could be your 10 lol

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.