The PS3 "super patch"

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Seems Farsight has been a lot more active answering questions on Facebook, so I decided to ask about its existence and release. Got this answer:

Yes, the "super patch" is being worked on now and should be ready for deployment before the end of the year. Maybe sooner but no promises.

I'd say that's very good news!

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
If they patch the endless score loop in Firepower and the colors of Black Knight and Genie, I'll be content.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
More from Facebook:

the plan is to have everyone redownload the entire game with updated files. It's the best of the options in our opinion, it'll be inconvenient, but effective.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
As long as the bugs are fixed and the art improved, I don't care what I have to download. Make it so!

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
Re-downloading is not a problem at all for me. I wouldn't mind losing local hi-scores either or standard/wizard goals either. Great news.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Great news, thanks for the quote, Tabe.

As supposed, the patch will definitely pop up around the date of the PS4 version release.

But I hope that it won't occur new gamebreaking bugs...^^ (as the all-new bug of the PS3 crashing after a new highscore... :( )

PS: Maybe FS took the opportunity to make leaderboards PS3/VITA only... who knows.

Last edited:

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
You're welcome, guys. I'm just glad FS decided to start to actively answering questions again on Facebook.

Like you, I don't care how big the patch is, I just want my fixes!

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
So will we lose our completed goals?

A huge priority is fixing the super jets on AFM. It would be nice to finish that goal. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten it down to 5 or less, and then lose. lol

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
I don't mind if we lose our completed goals and high scores. I just wanna know, with a physics upgrade, will a reset of the leaderboards happen as well? I don't mind if that happens either. I just seems as though that would be fair. Competing for scores that were done with previous (easier) physics doesn't seem too fair to me. Maybe they could reset just the PS3 part of the leaderboards (I ignore mobile scores as it is) to keep the mobile users happy since they already have the updated physics, as far as I know.

At any rate, I'm ready for the super patch to happen.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
They said that they are working out a way to implement the new patch without losing local data. Fingers crossed

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
All I want for Christmas is the SUPER PATCH. (Preferably I'd like it before Christmas.... I won't ask for anything else, I swear)

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
I would kind of like to see some pictures of the uglier tables "fixed" versions before they send them to Sony. Seems like we only have one shot to get this right...
Don't want anything sneaking past.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I would kind of like to see some pictures of the uglier tables "fixed" versions before they send them to Sony. Seems like we only have one shot to get this right...
Don't want anything sneaking past.

I dunno, I'd think anything that goes into a patch can probably be repatched later if necessary. Just a guess, mind you.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.