Biggest Bonus you've hit on AFM? Beat 48 BILLION!

del

Jun 29, 2013
a very VERY LOOOONG BALL!!! Multiplier was above 200x but not maxed out at 250x yet

photo2_zpsb77d486a.png

My prior best 41billion maxed out at 250x
IMG_62012_zpsbb8ff501.jpg

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Biggest Bonus you've hit on AFM? Beat 48 BILLION!

Okay!

afm-99b-bonus.png

That wasn't even the whole thing. I suspected it would roll over past 99B so paused it right there to snap that pic. The bonus multiplier was actually the full 250x. Insert a 1 in front for the real total:

afm-136b-bonus.png

Best part was that I held that 250X over the next four balls consecutively.

More goodies:

afm-1400b.png

That final score wasn't 406B. It's 1406B, or 1.4T with a tee as in trillion.

Sadly, there will be no trillion on the leaderboard. It didn't register. TPA didn't detect the trillion rollover. AFM keeps track of the hundred-billions digit, even though it's not shown most of the time during the game, it is there on the high score board. But apparently not a trillions digit. I don't know if TPA glitchy-missed the rollover as it does on other tables (this means you CFTBL) or if rollover detection isn't implemented on AFM at all because hey who would ever score a trillion. Oh well.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
That bonus is bigger than my highest score. Actually it's almost double my highest score.

I'm going to give up and play nothing but Goin' Nuts from now on.

invitro

May 4, 2012
A hat tip, Mr. Trillion. I am disheartened to hear that the leaderboard didn't take it. Maybe Johnny Mnenomic will allow 1T and you can get it then. I wonder what your 1.4T would've been with the original ROMs with the really unbalanced Total Annihilation scoring.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
You ain't kiddin'.
no. When I see his scores and read how he draind last xy balls because he was bored I'm glad that I am nowhere near that and that playing on tablet is so much more difficult and that the score does not depend mostly about how much time is one willing to invest in it.
AFM I don't play that much, I ruled the universe only once so far and my best score is ~35B. And I will come back for more. But with scores like his and some other PC guys I would probably drop the whole TPA like I did with ZEN.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
That bonus is bigger than my highest score. Actually it's almost double my highest score.

I'm going to give up and play nothing but Goin' Nuts from now on.

Okay, I've ameliorated this situation! My top score is now 221B.

Question: is 4 EBs definitely the max? I wasn't counting. And will someone please tell me how the bleep I beat video mode on this table, it's making me crazy-er!

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Okay, I've ameliorated this situation! My top score is now 221B.

Question: is 4 EBs definitely the max? I wasn't counting. And will someone please tell me how the bleep I beat video mode on this table, it's making me crazy-er!

Must've hit the launch button in a jam?

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
the main tips are to NOT swing the gun over all the way to the side, and to use your smart bomb. if you move to far to the side you will usually miss one that drops on the opposite side.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
4 EBs is the max you can stack at one time in every Williams/Bally game going back to at least Funhouse and possibly farther. I don't think I've managed to stack 4 EBs in Whirlwind or Space Shuttle to find out.

There are only 4 guaranteed EBs in AFM and all are available only once per game. The replay score, 2nd saucer kill, 10 Strokes of Luck lit, and Strobe Multiball. Stroke of Luck can award a random EB but I think I've only ever seen that once per game too. The only repeatable EB is from Video Mode but its appearance is random. So going infinite is not really possible, only as long as you get Video Mode every ball (requires Super Jets) and its random EB appears. This AFM game was about three hours and change, nowhere near the 12 hour marathons on the infinityable tables.

I also had a trillion on STTNG but that also didn't register. My 950B game on that leaderboard was definitely much higher, may actually have been 1950B.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Just played until you won? I've heard that's the best strategy. Sweep side to side and eventually you'll beat it.

Something like that. I think it comes down to how deep you can go without using the smart bomb. Whatever. That is sooooo like two weeks ago now, it's ancient history.

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
Mamma Mia! I recently had a bonus of over 2 billion. I was quite happy. Broke 20 billion mark in the game as well. Over 900 martians?! Yeah, I wouldn't even dream of that level of accomplishment.

Members online

Members online