Beta 0.029

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Put up Beta 0.029 just so you can have 2 builds today. =)

This fixes an issue where the config and app didn't match up.

Version 0.029
- Fixed issue where config and app didn't match up.

Version 0.028
- Added Ball Reflection setting for Low and High and Off.
- Fixed plunger button skill shots.
- Custom Ball purchasing fixed.

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
Works as advertized now, Mike

Custom Ball purchasing and full screen mode, anyway.
Off to test more.

Timelord ...

N

netizen

Custom ball purchasing is not recognizing the custom ball skins that should already be unlocked for farsight accounts due to kickstarter rewards.

otherwise the in-game wallet system seems to be working fine.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Custom ball purchasing is not recognizing the custom ball skins that should already be unlocked for farsight accounts due to kickstarter rewards.

otherwise the in-game wallet system seems to be working fine.

Those haven't been entered in yet. Our PR guy is going to set those up this comming week.

N

netizen

IIRC, custom ball skins and table entitlements are on a per-platform basis.

Depending on the level of donation, no? At the $100 level it clearly states on every platform.

@Mike, your latest reflection toggles are a super fix. Even on my POS laptop I can now get a good 60 FPS if I don't mind low textures, no AA, and no reflections. LOL Oh and thanks for all your work and forthcoming answers.

The only oddity I got in performance dropping, so far, was on Genie of all tables. When the camera zooms to the upper playfield, there was a big performance hit.

Stuart Webster

Apr 24, 2013
Depending on the level of donation, no? At the $100 level it clearly states on every platform.

@Mike, your latest reflection toggles are a super fix. Even on my POS laptop I can now get a good 60 FPS if I don't mind low textures, no AA, and no reflections. LOL Oh and thanks for all your work and forthcoming answers.

The only oddity I got in performance dropping, so far, was on Genie of all tables. When the camera zooms to the upper playfield, there was a big performance hit.
Ah, then it probably is what Mike said. :p

PALADiN

Aug 14, 2013
IMO Kickstarter rewards for PC should just use the standard Steam key distribution method. This takes a burden off FS's shoulders as the activation and distribution of said rewards is handled via Steam's back end systems.

Also, I notice that TOTAN seems to be available to all without needing to be purchased. Is this intentional?

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Nice addition of more graphics option for the PC version Mike!, hopefully we'll see more in the future like texture settings, low (720p), medium (1080p) and High (1440p). Along with a ambiant light slider (I'd always have it at the darkest setting) and stuff like strobe lighting (for multiball modes). Also the inclusion of just more table audio effects is much needed, hopefully with the power of the PC and next gen consoles this can be achieved!?

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
Nice addition of more graphics option for the PC version Mike!, hopefully we'll see more in the future like texture settings, low (720p), medium (1080p) and High (1440p). Along with a ambiant light slider (I'd always have it at the darkest setting) and stuff like strobe lighting (for multiball modes). Also the inclusion of just more table audio effects is much needed, hopefully with the power of the PC and next gen consoles this can be achieved!?

AFM Strobe Multiball comes to mind :)

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Just wanted to say how much better the ball looks now, with the new updates. Thanks again.

Klopek

Apr 29, 2012
As the game is set to launch November 1st I'm guessing the post processing (low resolution) will not be fixed for AMD users?

Has there been any information in regards to pricing? The purchase system lists dollars within the game but when it comes to the authorisation through Steam the pricing itself is in pound sterling. However, $4.99 is being directly translated to £4.99 - which is ridiculous.

Last edited:

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
Not sure if this has been brought up before, but I'm getting inconsistent performance in terms of resolution smoothness. Does Pinball Arcade simply not like the 16:10 aspect ratio?

OS Version: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit (6.1, build 7601)
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6950
Ram: 8GB
Version #0.029
Display Mode: Full Screen
Display Resolution: 1440x900

Frequency of Occurrence: 100%

Here's a crop of what the flippers look like at 1440x900:
svQ5BDe.jpg

Here's what they look like at 1360x1024:
qGwS7Oa.jpg

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Extra ball purchase problem

Using TOTAN extra screen to buy the extra balls. I bought the star trek ball only first.

Star+Trek%3A+The+Next+Generation+Custom+Ball**
0.99 USD

Then I am offered a choice of T2 pack. I didn't even know it was a choice before, maybe I needed to scroll down to see it, but I wasn't even aware it was there to purchase. Not good if you were a t2 fan and didn't even see it available, but that is not the problem. So I buy the T2 ball pack next.

Terminator+2+Custom+Ball+pack**
0.99 USD

Then I go back and buy season 1 pack. This is we're the problem starts.

Season+One+Custom+Ball+pack**
1.99 USD

After purchasing Season 1 ball pack. I was still given the option to buy TZ ball and the eyeball which is a problem because I should already own them from purchasing the season 1 ball pack. They should have been included in that pack.

Now I didn't leave the screen after the purchases, I stayed on the same purchase screen. Results could be different if you leave and go try the ball etc. if I did that maybe and probably those purchase options would be different but I can't test it having purchased it now.

Twilight+Zone+Custom+Ball**
0.99 USD

Eyeball+Custom+Ball**
0.99 USD

Oh, and PS. LOVE THIS GAME!! Thanks for all the hard work you guys put in.

Now looking through my extra balls I am a bit confused. I thought the season one pack just contained the eyeball, STTNG, and TZ. Seems like there are a lot more contained. TZ, STTNG and eyeball are supposed to be part of the season one pack correct? You don't need to purchase those separately do you?

Last edited:

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
Not sure if this has been brought up before, but I'm getting inconsistent performance in terms of resolution smoothness. Does Pinball Arcade simply not like the 16:10 aspect ratio?

OS Version: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit (6.1, build 7601)
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6950
Ram: 8GB
Version #0.029
Display Mode: Full Screen
Display Resolution: 1440x900

Frequency of Occurrence: 100%

Here's a crop of what the flippers look like at 1440x900:
svQ5BDe.jpg

Here's what they look like at 1360x1024:
qGwS7Oa.jpg

Is Post Processing on? Because it looks like the first picture for me running at 1920x1080 with PP on. I'm gonna try other resolutions to see if it makes a difference.

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
Hmm... this issue is not present on my main gaming rig running on a nVidia card.

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
Is Post Processing on? Because it looks like the first picture for me running at 1920x1080 with PP on. I'm gonna try other resolutions to see if it makes a difference.

Yep. Post processing is on in both screenshots. Just to test it out after you mentioned it, I turned post processing off and changed back over to 1440x900. The issue disappears. Must be the post processing bug Klopek mentioned. I hadn't read about it before.

Of course, without post processing things aren't as... glowy.

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
AFM - 1920x1080 16x AA and PP ON
Images are split straight down the middle, taken at the same resolution. Left side is Nvidia GTX770 - Right side is AMD HD7750.
Note how the same camera position is not showing the exact same position of the actual playfield. The AMD playfied is squashed at an intersecting line that you can clearly see if switching between the nvidia screenshot and the amd screenshot. Last post contains the separated camera 1 images.

Nvidia - AMD camera 1
6yG6FYN.jpg

Nvidia - AMD camera 2
PkMyQsf.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online