Bug Post Processing causing nasty pixelation at bottom of screen (0.029)

alystair

Sep 22, 2013
OS Version: Windows 7
Graphics Card: Mobility Radeon 5400
Ram: 8GB
Version #(Bottom right of game screen): 0.029
Display Mode: Full Screen
Display Resolution: 1280x800

Frequency of Occurrence: always

Comments: If you save the images locally and switch between them quickly, you'll notice there's a diagonal slice from top left to bottom right that is missing, very odd.

PP ON - notice flippers and bottom area...
2013-10-25_00002.jpg

PP Off...
2013-10-25_00003.jpg

PP ON - notice the blue wire on the on-ramp, between the feed rails, showcases the missing pixels mentioned in comments.
2013-10-25_00005.jpg

PP Off
2013-10-25_00004.jpg

CmputrBlu

Jun 30, 2012
Yeah noticed that today, with the latest beta as well. Also noticed tearing(?) across the screen that reminded me of v-synch tearing. Maybe that's what it is; but I hadn't noticed it post processing off

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
Yeah noticed that today, with the latest beta as well. Also noticed tearing(?) across the screen that reminded me of v-synch tearing. Maybe that's what it is; but I hadn't noticed it post processing off

If it really is a vsync issue, there are several ways to remedy it:

1. force vsync in your graphics card options
2. make sure you are running TPA in true fullscreen mode
3. in Windows 7: in case you are running TPA in fullcreen-window or window mode, make sure you have the Windows theme set to an "aero template" and not classic or any custom colour scheme! This might sound weird, but I just yesterday finally got rid of a lot of vsync woes (playing 2D stuff and videos) by doing this change. I wasn't aware, but Windows 7 has a bug that disables desktop vsync on any themes that don't use the "aero" or "glass" look...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts