Bug Post Processing causing nasty pixelation at bottom of screen (0.029)

alystair

Sep 22, 2013
OS Version: Windows 7
Graphics Card: Mobility Radeon 5400
Ram: 8GB
Version #(Bottom right of game screen): 0.029
Display Mode: Full Screen
Display Resolution: 1280x800

Frequency of Occurrence: always

Comments: If you save the images locally and switch between them quickly, you'll notice there's a diagonal slice from top left to bottom right that is missing, very odd.

PP ON - notice flippers and bottom area...
2013-10-25_00002.jpg

PP Off...
2013-10-25_00003.jpg

PP ON - notice the blue wire on the on-ramp, between the feed rails, showcases the missing pixels mentioned in comments.
2013-10-25_00005.jpg

PP Off
2013-10-25_00004.jpg

CmputrBlu

Jun 30, 2012
Yeah noticed that today, with the latest beta as well. Also noticed tearing(?) across the screen that reminded me of v-synch tearing. Maybe that's what it is; but I hadn't noticed it post processing off

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
Yeah noticed that today, with the latest beta as well. Also noticed tearing(?) across the screen that reminded me of v-synch tearing. Maybe that's what it is; but I hadn't noticed it post processing off

If it really is a vsync issue, there are several ways to remedy it:

1. force vsync in your graphics card options
2. make sure you are running TPA in true fullscreen mode
3. in Windows 7: in case you are running TPA in fullcreen-window or window mode, make sure you have the Windows theme set to an "aero template" and not classic or any custom colour scheme! This might sound weird, but I just yesterday finally got rid of a lot of vsync woes (playing 2D stuff and videos) by doing this change. I wasn't aware, but Windows 7 has a bug that disables desktop vsync on any themes that don't use the "aero" or "glass" look...

Members online

Members online