Class of 1812 Tips & Strategies

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
What are some good strategies to getting mind-blowingly good scores on Class of 1812? I personally like aiming for the Million shot as much as possible. Jackpot isn't worth it at all, and even the bonus can occasionally be less than 5 Million shots!

Last edited:

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
If the left ramp is easy to make, just keep shooting it. If they didn't fix it to make it harder, it really breaks the game since it's the only thing worth doing.

Otherwise, the drop targets on each side usually nets the fastest points and are surprisingly safe. When you're not shooting those, get to the top roll-overs (by shooting the spinner) to increase your multiplier which will reward you with other stuff as you progress. Start the multiball when it's available (like at the start of each ball), but no need to actively pursue it.

Other tips is: Flippers are standard Gottlieb fare, keep them up when the ball is coming at them, and it will pretty much never go over the edge. Always shoot for the random award before doing anything else, as this will always get you "light extra ball". Proceed to start the multiball, which will send both balls up to the rollovers giving you a good chance to score it, otherwise keep sending balls to the spinner until you get it.
Starting the multiball is surprisingly easiest by backhanding the right ramp.

I'm predicting some painfully long games in the TPA version of this.

Crusty Booger

Apr 13, 2013
Multiball is the key to a high score -- or at least my current high score of 119M. I also like to get the multiplier up to max asap as that carries over. Drop targets on the right are a waste of time, drop targets on the left are awesome.

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
How can you keep the ball alive for that long? The outlanes are drain monsters and the center is quite mean (especially when coming from up the bumpers). Halfway shots up the ramps are deadly, and even good shots up the ramp could sometimes fail.

How on earth do you manage to even get above 50M on this?

What is actually the deal with the drop targets, what are you supposed to hit in the "countdown round"?

How do you collect the bonus wizard goal? The bonus point counter makes no sense at all.

Man-Machine

Dec 6, 2012
Yes, I also find this table confusing. I have played it a fair amount and still do not understand the things Cristobal is wondering about (among other things).

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Very crude summary to get 60mill goal.

From start - plunge for the crypt (easy mill).
If you ever see the ball pass through the middle rollover at any time nudge at the point it enters the bumpers (I prefer left nudge onto middle left bumper - gives the best control) , otherwise most of the time it will sail past the bumpers and drain SDTM.
Try to get the first door prize before you score too much, most times early on it will give an extra ball.
First goal should be shoot left orbits, complete the rollovers to build the bonus multiplier as this transfers across balls.
Try to activate multiball as often as possible - try to cradle a ball on each flipper and repeatedly left flipper backhand up the left ramp for 1mill per ramp shot.
To re-activate multiball, complete all 4 LH drop targets, then hit the lit target behind the completed LH drops to get the Zom B bonus. Shoot the lh bank again to light right ramp lock, lock the ball via a Right ramp shot, plunge to start multiball. Keep repeating over and over.
I ignore the right drops unless accidentally activated - if activated hit any targets behind the completed drops to score the bonus shown on the HUD.
You'll soon hit the 60mill goal with a bit of practice.

Loving this table - hope the Android art issues are soon fixed.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Otherwise, the drop targets on each side usually nets the fastest points and are surprisingly safe.
Not in my games. The ball often drops dead into the same outlane. There is no free lunch here. You pay with your ball ;-)

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
Very crude summary to get 60mill goal.

From start - plunge for the crypt (easy mill).
If you ever see the ball pass through the middle rollover at any time nudge at the point it enters the bumpers (I prefer left nudge onto middle left bumper - gives the best control) , otherwise most of the time it will sail past the bumpers and drain SDTM.
Try to get the first door prize before you score too much, most times early on it will give an extra ball.
First goal should be shoot left orbits, complete the rollovers to build the bonus multiplier as this transfers across balls.
Try to activate multiball as often as possible - try to cradle a ball on each flipper and repeatedly left flipper backhand up the left ramp for 1mill per ramp shot.
To re-activate multiball, complete all 4 LH drop targets, then hit the lit target behind the completed LH drops to get the Zom B bonus. Shoot the lh bank again to light right ramp lock, lock the ball via a Right ramp shot, plunge to start multiball. Keep repeating over and over.
I ignore the right drops unless accidentally activated - if activated hit any targets behind the completed drops to score the bonus shown on the HUD.
You'll soon hit the 60mill goal with a bit of practice.

Loving this table - hope the Android art issues are soon fixed.

Great tutorial, thanks!

So, you re-activate multiball by shooting all drop targets on both sides (my instructions don't work).

Could anyone explain how to get the Bonus goal?

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Great tutorial, thanks!

So, you re-activate multiball by shooting all drop targets on both sides (my instructions don't work).

Could anyone explain how to get the Bonus goal?

No - to reactivate multi ball complete all left targets only, play ZomB bonus, then if you hit the left targets once more you should see 'lock' light on the right ramp. Shoot the crypt, then plunge for multiball.

The bonus wizard goal - is collect all 5 stiffs (fill the bonus lamps 5 times) then complete a 6th set of lamps (all on one ball).
When the ball drains you'll get the wizard goal.

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
Thanks, I actually managed to get the Bonus goal by accident on a good run.

Re: the ZomB bonus. What is one actually supposed to hit? It seems like the lit target but it doesn't seem to collect the bonus. It seems quite random what you hit what will actually collect that bonus.

Any suggestions to make Bat-o-meter bonus any easier?

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Thanks, I actually managed to get the Bonus goal by accident on a good run.

Re: the ZomB bonus. What is one actually supposed to hit? It seems like the lit target but it doesn't seem to collect the bonus. It seems quite random what you hit what will actually collect that bonus.

Any suggestions to make Bat-o-meter bonus any easier?

Re ZomB bonus - I always aim for whichever flashing stand up behind the completed left drops. Seems to work for me.

Bat-o-meter is the hardest goal IMO.
I got it after a while by purely shooting into the pop bumpers (a little bit above 1/2 way position down either left or right flipper) constantly doing this, not bothering with other goals or targets.
I had more luck from the left flipper, bouncing off the bumpers, than direct shots from the right. But I don't know if there is a better way.
I think one of the advances was a door prize.

Last edited:

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
How to keep getting easy millions on PC.

1) SHoot left ramp from right flipper.
2) Nudge upward when ball lands on left flipper. it will roll back every time (if you don't do this, it will roll off)
3) post pass to right flipper
4) return to step 1

prepare to get really really bored... :)

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
Been playing this for about two weeks now trying to improve upon my current high of 91m I set when it released. Usually I get lucky with a super game or get really good at a table but this table is ruthless and almost cheap. I even once scored 50m on ball one while earning two EBs and it quickly drained the next four balls despite efforts to keep it in play. I will agree as well that it can also be described as boring. The only way I can see to score over 100m is cradle on right and be super lucky at the back hand left ramp shot. I don't have that amount of attention for sure.

fromduc

Feb 28, 2014
Earlier this week i put a new #1 score on this table (if u except the 100% sure glitched one), my 1st ever on TPA, so now that i'm on one of my rare quiet week-end of the summer, i'll give a couple of hints about 1812 to people who want to improve their gameplay on this great table... even if most of it have been already posted (specially by Sumez) on this thread ;) Hope u'll excuse me for my ****ty english, but after everything i read here by people like Sernseven, Anton, Tann or Vikingeric, i promised my self to share with u guys if one day i had managed to take a 1st place so... here we are :cool:

1st, the golden rule: avoid the 2 inlane/outlanes area more than u do on ANY table of the game. On 1812 if u go in an inlane without 100% of precision, u're dead, rebounds are going to outlanes 75% of the time at least, and even the slight nudge results in a double rebound to the outlane. So except if u're absolutely certain to take a perfect inlane trajectory (and this takes a lot of time on this table), do multiples oposites slight nudges as soon as the ball goes on a side, slingshots are not that bad here, have a fresh rebound on the 3/4 inside top of them is perfect when possible.
The worst of it is when the ball goes to one of the right targets already down, sometimes u got no rebound at all and u're already dead, avoiding it is hard to explain but is doable consistently if u try to understand what went bad when u lose a ball, so work it. This also happens on the left targets but very less often (maybe because when a couple of left targets are down i try to put the remaining one(s) down also, what i dont do on the right). Last precision about it: im at 95% a 2nd view player, this is one of the 5% tables where i recommend to play on view 3, to take better decisions on this i/o lanes situations.

If u concentrate on this rule, ur games should be really longer, key of this game. After that, this is what i did on every game.

1/ Shoot for the crypt: Class of 1812 is a 5 to 10 balls game EB included, and at least the same number of multiballs, where u got an another chance to get this million, this should be at least 15 "free" millions for a good game, maybe 20 if u master this shot, it's just HUGE on a table that hard, already 20% of a world top 20, to give u an idea. So work it. I'm not perfect on it, but the good thing is that if u're a bit too long OR too short, a right nudge when u're above the crypt entrance (too long) or when u touch the entrance limit (too short) will make the job. I always restart the game if i miss the 1st skill shot, most of the time if i miss it on my 1st multiball.

2/ Learn how to manage the bonus rollovers, it's really hard to know which ones are light or unlight (and even impossible for the 1st one), so try to be the best u can on detecting it, and change it with flippers as often as u can when u got a doubt. After a crypt eject, if i got only one light i put it on the middle, asit's usually the one where u got the more time to react; if 2 rollovers are light i put the last one on the right one, which is the more "brutal", and i'm ready to flip one or 2 times depending on where it goes, again for the miiddle one u usually got time.Even after have maxed the multiplier, completing it give u another million so dont neglect that, same story than the crypt.

3/ Go for multiball first, u dont want to lose your ball before this really profitable mode, and u dont want to take the random award 1st, which could give u the almost useless (at this moment) "instant multiball" when u would be so happy to have it (or the "light lock") AFTER your multiball. Of course the exception to this rule (copyright @sumez ;) ) is the 1st ball, when the random award is EB and u want it absolutely before the multiball, to take it immediately 90% of the time. Maybe it's because im a "il like when a plan comes together" guy, but i never managed to have a decent game when i was playin multiball before lighting the EB, so at the end i was quiting also in this case. The only kind of game i play are the ones where i succeed those 4 steps: 1 Crypt; 2 EB light; 3 multiball; 4 Crypt. Another thing debatable but i dont play my best if i dont do this clean start.

4/ Playin the multiball: i lost a big amount of time on Class of 1812 tryin to find a strategy to loop millions by blockin a ball on a flip. I'm usually a "cool" player, i like to block balls, make ball transfers, find safe shots, playin only one ball on multiball, etc... But on table of this kind (like Harley Davidson, Centaur...) i think it's a mistake, at least for multiballs. Here if the left ramp was loopable at 100%, i realised that players like Viking, Anton, Tarek or Touge would already have a score with billions, so no way i could manage it. And when u miss it, with one flip busy u cant save the ball from sdtm AND the out/inlane zone consistently.
On the multiball, the key is to keep a ball on the top of the pin. Best scenario is the left orbit, u dont see the ball for at least 10 seconds, and much longer if u take the crypt, which can eject the ball to itself 2 to 6 or 7 times if u're really lucky. And u work ur multiplier (or millions), take the light EBs, etc...if u dont got a clean shot for the left orbit, better to get one of the ramps than keepein the ball on the dow of the pin, it's dangerous, so learn to have a cold blood in MB and take good decisions having the less situations with 2 balls in the down zone that u can. It comes with time, but really quicker than u think at the beginning.
With the second ball, do millions on the left ramp as much as u can by backhanding it with left flip, with the right one be cautious, missin it result often in a direct right outlane, and u got more chances to chock the second ball when it goin back from the top, and chockin balls is the BEST WAY to finish a multiball, and really often u lose the 2 balls... brutal. Specific situation: if u're close from the Batometer EB and if the Crypt eject is talkin to itself with ball 2, u got to try the batometer lights. EBs are pretty rares here, dont miss a chance. Last tip: if u really are in controle, try to not put down the last left target, u dont want to have to work the 4 of them after multiball... but here it's the cherry on the cake ^^

Last edited:

fromduc

Feb 28, 2014
5/ After the MB: if u didnt take it before, go to the random award, best case scenario u got instant multiball or u relight the lock, or advance ur batometer. I know there's differents way for aiming this up-kicker, personnaly i prefer a left flip shot from a caught ball, ball totally stopped. By the way for the right ramp my best shot is a transfert from the right flip and a shoot on the rollin ball when it's on the end of the flip. Work it coz a late miss send ur ball to the right targets, danger...
Next, u got to take a break and decisions: if there's only 1 left target remaining up, i go there 99% (100% if it's for relighting lock) of the time knowing the zom-b bonus is so reawarding and pretty safe (in 1812 point of view, hey ;) ), the 1% remaining is if an EB is light then i of course shoot left orbit 1st. If there's 0 or 1 target left only, i'l usually go to the left orbit for multipliers if i dont already am at 6x and didnt take the EB from this. In every other situation, i gonna work my batometer with right flip for haaving the only EB repeatable of the game, this EB is the key to top scores (took it at least 4 times on my huge game). I dont have solid methode to give for aiming that, i'm not that consistent but not that bad, and u usually got a second chance when the ball come back fromm the bumpers, again work it.
When u have maxed the bonus multiplier (didnt say it before but bonuses on a good ball on 7x is also huge, sometimes around 10M!) and got the batometer EB, u dont care about the useles special ("except the 1st time for the wiz goal!!!", yell me my fellow countryman Tann ;) ) so now u got to concentrate only on left targets (except if u got only one right target up for relight the random award AND big balls for goin on purpose in this deadly area) for zom-b or even better for MB, and start all over again...

A couple of tips "en vrac" to finish it:
-Make quickly the difference between EB (white and on the sides rollovers) and special (blue and on the central rollover) lights on the rollovers, u can easyly lose a ball by tryin the left orbit when u had no reason to go there, i almost broke a controller after losin a ball like that on an (almost) great game.
-If u didnt understand it: dont play the right targets, it's a bit rewarding, specially when u got it 2 or 3 times a row, but in my experience it finishes bad ALL THE TIME.
-About the bumpers area: there's one deadly exit to the left inlane, accept it when it happens, i maybe have a way to limit it but i'm not even sure about that: when the ball turns crazy in bumps, dont nudge, when it's pretty quiet nudge a bit. Nothing more precise.
-As somebody says, when u take the centrall rollover, if u dont nudge u can have a STDM, but very savable by nudging. But worst than that, if the ball is a bit on the right, it touch a litttle "thing" near the trap door and it goes directly to the left outlane, unsavable. Learn to read it to nudge right when this will happen, coz i prefer to take my chance on it than givin a chance to the bumpers to offer me a deadly exit.
-Sometimes, for no reason i can understand in the rules, the lock relight itself, often after a shoot to the crypt by left orbit, maybe when u lock all the bonuses lights (?). Anyway, always keep an eye on this blue light on the right lamp ;)

Well, i think thats it, i'll come back if i catch something else. I realise those posts are far to be a revolution on this table, but i shared the best i could, and i hope i'll be beaten soon (but not to soon please, let me enjoy, hey Viking?) to play this table again. I didnt like it 1st, like almost all the hard tables whith high flow, but when my friend Ben has beaten me last month i had to re-"work" it and i quickly changed my mind and had really good fun, i knew i could be good on it and i think i still have potential: i made 105 millions (which was my previous best) with 2 EBs remaining on my 1st ball ^^

Oh, a last think: like all the table of this kind luck is a huge factor at the beginning, it's all about learning to limit this factor, and believe me after a while unlucky shots not happens that often, but before that, yes u often want to break the controller or the tv.... But anyway, even when u got it, u need a lucky game to go to the top, so dont miss it ;)

Last edited:

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
How to keep getting easy millions on PC.

1) SHoot left ramp from right flipper.
2) Nudge upward when ball lands on left flipper. it will roll back every time (if you don't do this, it will roll off)

This works. Stupidly well. On any ramp feed on either side, nudge upwards when the ball is just shy of halfway up the flipper. You'll get a catch about 98% reliable.

I found it better to shoot the ramps alternately rather than just the left one. The ramp value increases by 100k for each consecutive shot up to 10. So then you're getting a million every shot plus the Coffin letters towards the jackpot, and don't have to worry about lighting the left ramp million.

I scored 260M for the #1 spot doing just this. I don't think I even got any extra balls the whole game, and didn't start multiball other than the one free one on each ball.

i shared the best i could, and i hope i'll be beaten soon (but not to soon please, let me enjoy, hey Viking?)

Sorry, I didn't see this until after I played my game... :eek:

fromduc

Feb 28, 2014
Sorry, I didn't see this until after I played my game... :eek:

Well with u 3 weeks is better than i expected ^^ Congratz Sir ;)

Anyway i still have the satisfaction to have done it playin "normally", which is not that usual on this game. I'll try again this winter.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
1. You get 1M for completing the rollovers once you've hit 7x bonus, so there's another reason (besides the 6x EB) to max that out. Combine with a 20k spinner shot, keeping the second ball in MB busy up there will be reasonably profitable.
2. At 7x bonus, max stiffs dug up will get you 4M+ when you drain. Since looping ramps is the fastest way to fill that bonus grid, infinite ramp-looping feeds nicely into this strategy as well.
3. Technically you can get an EB every ball from the spinner, but it's too difficult to be worth shooting for. If it lights, grab it, otherwise, ignore those bat targets.
4. The Zom B targets are pretty safe, and the Zom B bonus can be the single highest-scoring shot in the game. If it's lit, go for it. It's tricky getting the full 6M, the grace period isn't long enough and the ball will be bouncing around a bit after hitting the last drop, but 4M+ is do-able.
5. I'm not sure of this, but I think if you complete the Zom B targets when Grover's is running, it always re-lights Lock.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.