Bug High score Initial Entry on EM Tables uses wrong keys on x360 compatible controller

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
Title Bug: High score Initial Entry on EM Tables uses wrong keys on x360 compatible controller
OS Version: Windows 7
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTS 450
Ram: 4GB
Version #0.029
Display Mode: “Full Screen”
Display Resolution: “1920x1080”

Frequency of Occurrence: “100% of the time” , “when trying to enter high score initials on EM / older tables eg. Black Knight, Space Shuttle etc.”

Expected Result: “Alphabet initials can be cycled with flipper buttons or directional buttons (d-pad)"

Actual Result: "Alphabet initials can *only* be cycled with the buttons defined for "cycle camera" (moves the cursor right) and "lock camera" (moves the cursor left)

Comment: I'm using a madcatz x360 street fighter IV fight stick with custom arcade buttons (for the feel). I have redefined the buttons in the in-game controller configuration. Also, on another note: the Xbox "a" and "b" buttons seem hardcoded for "menu select" and "menu back", even if they have been redefined...

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
okay, I figured this out: it's probably a design choice! The following x360 buttons are hardcoded, no matter how you redefine them: a (confirm), b (back), right trigger (advance high score initial right), left trigger (advance high score initial left). still a bug in my opinion, though :p

Members online

Members online