First impression

Man-Machine

Dec 6, 2012
What a beautiful backglass!
Unfortunately the playfield art doesen't work that well. And what about the severed hand, the heart and the teeth - they just look tacky.
The gameplay is nice and fluid. The ruleset is somewhat complicated for a table this old. The good thing with that is that Class is a grower: I didn't like it very much in the beginning but now I find myself playing it quite often.
But once more a potentially great table is let down by the sound. Was it really a good idea to have a chicken sing Overture?
And I realise I'm completely humourless due to my highly advanced age, but I don't find burping pinball tables funny at all.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
My First Impression is the soundtrack for "Class of 1812". First off is multi-ball with the "1812 Overture" playing and "Robot Chicken" singing *buck..buck..buck in the background, truly amazed me. It makes me wish that I had found this machine IRL to play. Back in the days when I had good hand and eye coordination, plus "A Little Help From My Friends", I would have had multi-ball playing on this machine for an hour. I do hope with the Steam version and some practice, I will accomplish this goal. Multi-ball on this TPA table that gives me great joy from the soundtrack.

Then there is the chattering teeth. In multi-ball; the way the teeth say "Blah, blah, reminds of Dracula from "Greg the Rabbit" an old program that was a show on Fox.

Of course most of you recognize that the main voice of the machine is in honorarium of "Boris Karloff".

Also, didn't I hear something that sounded like Scottish bagpipes?

--------------------------------------

This is the first TPA machine I want the volume on to play. The others, I do just fine with the table on mute and some other audio stimulation in the background.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
What a beautiful backglass!
Unfortunately the playfield art doesen't work that well. And what about the severed hand, the heart and the teeth - they just look tacky.
The gameplay is nice and fluid. The ruleset is somewhat complicated for a table this old. The good thing with that is that Class is a grower: I didn't like it very much in the beginning but now I find myself playing it quite often.
But once more a potentially great table is let down by the sound. Was it really a good idea to have a chicken sing Overture?
And I realise I'm completely humourless due to my highly advanced age, but I don't find burping pinball tables funny at all.

I'm older than you Man-Machine and I find the burping and all other strange sounds a hoot.

That's the one great thing about TPA, there's something for everyone. I know there are other tables that are part of TPA that you personally love.

I love having this machine made into a video table and hope one day that "Party Zone" will follow suit on TPA.

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
Feels like I am bashing and complaining about nearly every single table nowadays but FS is really delivering low quality tables at the moment. Gottlieb tables are among the worst out there so why bring so many of them into tPA? Cheap licenses?

In my opinion C1812 is a Gottlieb version of all the fails of DrDude.

It's annoying and difficult to understand.

All achievements but bonus multiplier (!?) are lost after each ball so the game has no build-up whatsoever.

Panicky ball-movements, it feels like the ball is always targeted towards the outlanes or down the center. Nothing but panicky hits and nudges will save it.

Very un-rewarding reward shots. When you finally get the multiball, extra ball or the likes of it, it's more like..."ok, nice I guess".

Completely flawed on iPad1. Crashes 90% of the time.

Wizard goals that are very difficult to achieve, so you keep coming back and get punished by this table :)

goo_back

Oct 28, 2013
Feels like I am bashing and complaining about nearly every single table nowadays but FS is really delivering low quality tables at the moment. Gottlieb tables are among the worst out there so why bring so many of them into tPA? Cheap licenses?

Completely flawed on iPad1. Crashes 90% of the time.

Wizard goals that are very difficult to achieve, so you keep coming back and get punished by this table :)

You should probably stop trying to play this game on an iPad 1. It's just going to get worse for you.

DJWhoDunnit

Dec 23, 2012
is it just me, or do the return/out lanes frequently seem to defy the laws of physics? the ball is majorily in one lane then out of nowhere defies gravity turns around and enters the other lane...it's very, very strange to say the least...

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
is it just me, or do the return/out lanes frequently seem to defy the laws of physics? the ball is majorily in one lane then out of nowhere defies gravity turns around and enters the other lane...it's very, very strange to say the least...

I noticed that, too. Particularly when the balls don't clear the ramp or orbit. The ball should either drain down the middle, go to the flipper or to the corresponding slingshot. But it starts to circle on the playfield until it exactly goes into the outlane.

Extra Balls from the door seem to happen only during the first ball - if you are lucky.

Compared with the sightly older FH the rules are simpler. FH has different multiballs and frenzies and also the timed superdogs. C1812 always delivers just the same 2-ball multiball that you get even if you don't want it.

Last edited:

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012

This happens all the time on the real table, most 80's Williams do the same, Pinbot, Taxi, etc. Crazy rubber posts at work!
The trick is avoiding either lane.

canuck

Nov 28, 2012

Strange and annoying! :mad:

haj

Sep 28, 2012
I know what you mean but it's a $600 investment to fix bugs that TPA should be able to handle (since they have been handling it so far).

I don't think they have time for that at all now. They had already so many platforms to support and now PS4 and PC are added in the poll. Like we haven't seen any graphics update since around last update of Creature (which is horrible) if my memory serves. I'm not sure even if we'll have iOS7 optimization for iPad2 (some tables are unreasonably slow). TPA is practically unplayable on a KindleFire (old model). So, considering the situation, I only feel sorry for the future of iPad1 (I have one at home tho!).

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
eric_cartman___god_dammit___by_wsmarkhenry-d634l6i.jpg

Chris Dunman

Apr 11, 2012
I swear there's an auto drain feature whenever by any miracle you have potential of a half decent score!

Irritating but I keep punishing myself again and again...... The only table where my neighbours mention they know I'm playing due to the extra loud swearing.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
After some actually serious playtime on this:

I have to say that this is actually a really good table. But if I had a swear jar, I'd have enough in it to buy the damn table in a week.

The center post is next to useless, the outlanes must have vacuums and multiball is somehow instant death, but I keep trying and trying, no matter how much this table tells me it hates me.

The character raps though...christ, they must have been competing for "most gift of gab rap" like atrocity.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.