First impression

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
I think it would be useful to detail how the score multiplier works, since the in-game instructions don't really cover it. The multiplier is increased by 1 by completing the F-I-N-I-S-H targets in the center of the table, maximum 8. It carries over between balls, so once it's maxed, it will stay there throughout the game.

This multiplier applies to everything on the table, whenever a checkpoint countdown is running. Importantly, that means the 100K scores at the center popper and upper ramp, 10K-per-spin spinners, and the FUEL targets that score up to 200K. All this is multiplied. A strong shot to either spinner at 8x can rack up 800K. FUEL can score 1.6M. So don't go crazy chasing the checkpoints as fast as possible. A single ramp or popper shot will score as much as a maximum checkpoint.

Paying attention to that gives the table quite a bit more depth than always chasing the next checkpoint. Especially after checkpoint 2, it's worthwhile to bang on the FUEL targets for a while before collecting checkpoint 3. Or after checkpoint 4, shoot the right spinner, then some FUEL targets, then the upper ramp, to rip several million points out of nowhere more safely than shooting directly for the risky checkpoint 5. Of course, when the checkpoint countdown does expire, you're essentially dead on collecting any more worthwhile points until you do hit the next checkpoint.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I really love this table. Don't understand the hate. But the flow is superb and the playfield design is kind of like a cross between White Water and Black Knight. Rules are quite like White Water too. Got around #35 on the leaderboards last night with around 75 million! Beat the highest score among my PS3 friends - sorry all :)

I do agree that a multiball "Victory" mode would be good when you finish a race. Would have been an extra incentive. Or your finishing position in the race is displayed, and an appropriate bonus given out, depending on how fast you made the checkpoints.

Last edited:

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
How to destroy this table.

1) get the extra ball from the eject hole. you will always get the ball back, and usually it will find the lower right flipper so you can shoot it again.
2) once you have extra ball, wail away on the finish targets until you get 8x multiplier.
3) once you have 8x, hit a checkpoint if one isn't counting down.
4) once you have a checkpoint countdown running, shoot the left spinner repeatedly. your scores will fly up so fast every other shot it's not funny.
5) once countdown runs out, return to step 3.

If you drain at any time, return to step 1.

try not to tilt before you get your extra ball. and DEFINITELY don't tilt when you have a ball in the eject hole, that's just stupid.

With this, you too can roll the game.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014

1) get the extra ball from the eject hole. you will always get the ball back, and usually it will find the lower right flipper so you can shoot it again.
2) once you have extra ball, wail away on the finish targets until you get 8x multiplier.
4) once you have a checkpoint countdown running, shoot the left spinner repeatedly. your scores will fly up so fast every other shot it's not funny.

try not to tilt before you get your extra ball. and DEFINITELY don't tilt when you have a ball in the eject hole, that's just stupid.

last couple of days I'm trying to do that but x6 is all I did so far. I managed to do x5 with 1st ball a couple of times but then balls 2 and 3 drains in some very unbelievable ways.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
remember, every time you drain and lose your extra ball you have to collect it again before getting back to work on the standups. That extra ball is your insurance against draining off the finish standups.

Beatnik-Filmstar

May 10, 2014

Holy crap. Thanks for posting this. More than doubled my high score using this technique from 55 million to 116. Jumped from 96th on the leaderboards to 16th.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
checkpoints 5 and 6 are the main ones that cause drains, but that's why we get the extra ball and collect it at the eject hole before we shoot at them.

Beatnik-Filmstar

May 10, 2014
Welp. Grind fested up to 231 million. My hands hurt from holding my gamepad that long. Still need the "FUEL targets special" wizard goal, so I'm not entirely done with the table, but any desire I had to ever play it again is dead and gone.

Thanks again for that advice though. Now in 4th on the list - 3rd if you ignore the #1 score that's clearly BS.

Edit: 2 months later, and after another fruitless attempt at the FUEL target wizard goal, grinded up to 335 million for 4th place. (Would totally prefer to just get the goal and never play again.)

Last edited:

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
This table is a mixed bag for me.

I really like the quirky different tables but this is one of the ugliest releases they have given us. I love the music though and it is a pretty fun objective driven table.

Members online

Members online