Should false spot target be so hard to go through?

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Not marking this as a bug as I haven't played the real thing, but on PS3 the false spot target (that leads to the basement) is REALLY hard to travel through. I managed it just once last night, by accident. Even hitting it dead-centre doesn't work. And when I do hit it, it seems to stop the ball dead in its tracks, and then slowly rolls down the table, rather than just rebounding. As if it's a magnet. I haven't seen a ball act in the way it does in any way on a pinball machine before, making me wonder if it was intentional or not.

Is there something you need to do to "activate" it? I had a look at the table guide but couldn't find anything.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
It's very hard to hit. It must be perfect dead center shot at max velocity or it won't go through. I think they made it a little too tough IMO.

sotnwaffle

Apr 13, 2012
I wondered if this were a bug, myself, as it seems considerably more difficult to do than it was when I played the game in an arcade.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
Seesm to me each game is different on iPad. Sometimes I will crank the ball at it and it won't go down, other games I barely hit it and it goes through?

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
This is a bug on the PS3. I found that if I play Tee'd Off first (you can start and then quit the table), the secret passage target works (drops when hit). If I don't play Tee'd Off first, the secret passage target does not drop no matter how hard you hit it. I'm not sure if it's just Tee'd Off or if starting any Season Two table fixes the bug. I know playing Theatre of Magic first did not fix the bug, but I haven't had time to test this more extensively.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
This is a bug on the PS3. I found that if I play Tee'd Off first (you can start and then quit the table), the secret passage target works (drops when hit). If I don't play Tee'd Off first, the secret passage target does not drop no matter how hard you hit it. I'm not sure if it's just Tee'd Off or if starting any Season Two table fixes the bug. I know playing Theatre of Magic first did not fix the bug, but I haven't had time to test this more extensively.

Yes, I noticed this today. Played TO before going onto HH and the target worked completely fine. It's not impossible to hit otherwise, but I only managed it once... at least there is a workaround.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012

I was wondering why I was suddenly hitting the shot yesterday. Good spot on that one. Thanks for figuring a workaround.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I don't think the order you play games is actually the reason. I played TO and then HH today but the target wouldn't budge. Seems a bit random if it works or not, to be honest. With the likelihood skewed towards not working.

Can an admin label this topic as a bug? I think I can only edit the actual post content, not the label.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.