Request Option to have flipper sounds comes out of DualShock 4 speaker

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
As I mentioned in another thread, I think this, combined with more advanced force feedback would go a long way to give you a more authentic feel and connection to the real experience.

Just as long as you could turn it off to when you are playing late at night as not to wake your significant other. :rolleyes:

In addition, I just remembered the DS4 will have a built in microphone used for voice recognition, voice chat, etc.It would be cool if they have voice recognition working to select the table. With so many tables available in TPA, wouldn't it be great to boot it up and say "PLAY GORGAR" and have it start right up for you?

Edit: argh! Can a mod please remove the "s" at the end of come in the thread title? I'm typing on a Kindle Fire HD and it got away from me. I could have sworn there was a way to edit the title, but it doesn't seem editable anymore.

Last edited:

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I dunno, coming from that tiny speaker it seems to me like it would be hard for it not to sound tinny and weird compared to the rest of the audio.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I dunno, coming from that tiny speaker it seems to me like it would be hard for it not to sound tinny and weird compared to the rest of the audio.

I agree I think it would sound weird. They could place the flipper sound right in front of you with a good surround mix. The sound in TPA is really ripe for improvement possibilities as its probably the most neglected aspect of the game.

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
I don't think anyone is suggesting it ONLY come out of the pad. If they had it come out of the pad but still used the sub-woofer and vibrated the pad subtly as well, it would be fine.

joeblow

Feb 26, 2013
Even better, add the THOK! sound FX to the controller speaker after you get the end numbers to mach for a free credit.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
I guess it wouldn't hurt to have it as an option but honestly I really don't see the appeal.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I don't think anyone is suggesting it ONLY come out of the pad. If they had it come out of the pad but still used the sub-woofer and vibrated the pad subtly as well, it would be fine.

Exactly.

It would obviously be optional. If you don't like it, don't use it. Simple as that.

Also, I played Resogun for quite a while and having sound come rom the DS4 controller is awesome! it really adds to the experience. The speaker on the controller is also much clearer sounding than you'd expect.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.