If you're experiencing flipper delay in TPA PC version, please read this.

firebrand007

Jul 10, 2015
Hello,
I hope you can help me - sadly the tables of the directx11 version are unplayable on my Pincab , since the right flipper reacts very often with a huge lag , and sometimes the left or right flip will remain triggered (vertical position) for a few seconds...
The PC in my Pincab is old but works really fine with all pinball games and runs smoothly TPBA tables when not in dx11... I set the max frames buffer to 1, I tried both fullscreen and windowed fullscreen, I set all the graphics options (aliasing/post processing) to the minimum but unfortunately it didn't change anything.
My specs are : Win7 32 bit, 3go of Ram, CPU Phenom II X4 810 , GTX 750.

Any suggestions or things that could be improved from pinball arcade's side ?
Thanks a million !

MagnumXL

Apr 23, 2013
Between the Full Screen Window trick and adding a line to get rid of screen tearing (Vsync) with VMWare Fusion on my Mac, the Windows version of Pinball Arcade now runs perfectly fine virtualized (DX9 only as no virtual software yet supports DX11) , meaning I don't have to use Boot Camp or load up my old Windows computer to play the Windows version of Pinball Arcade. The odd thing, though is that flipper aiming does feel different between the Mac and Windows versions. I dare say the Mac version feels more accurate to me, overall compared to the real machines. Too bad the graphics are overly bright (like a brightly lit room). Most of the Pinball Arcade versions are much easier than the real machines, though. I made it across the country almost twice on my first attempt at RoadShow. That would take at least several warm-up games on the real machine. I think it feels like the table slope is too low on most of the newer machines. I think a slope of 7 degrees was common in the real world. This feels more like 4 or 5. Older games might have a slope of 5, but not mid '90s games. This slows the game down and that makes it easier, perhaps too easy. I'd rather have a challenging game than one where I can hit every mode every time.

firebrand007

Jul 10, 2015
hi,
sadly no-one responded to my lag isues with the flippers on the DirectX11 version of the game, am I the only one in this situation ?
Mike, would you have any idea to solve my problem ?
thanks a lot !

firebrand007

Jul 10, 2015
I appreciate your suggestion, Robert, it was an interesting lead - I do use an old version of Xpadder to map the pincab's buttons to keyboard inputs.
However I tried today without it, plugging a keyboard into the PC (or more precisely into a USB extender plugged to the PC) and using the keyboard keys.This gave me the exact same problem unfortunately : on the DirectX9 version of Addams Family everything works fine, whereas on the DirectX11 version, whenever I let the ball slide on the flippers and try to raise them at the last moment, the flipper usually don't react.
I also monitored the FPS difference with Fraps just in case and it's 60 fps vs 45-50 fps so no major difference there. (and visually only the flippers seem to lag). I'm really at a loss....

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Hey. It still looks like your system is a little underpowered to handle dx11. 60 fps should be the minimum goal as it is the refresh rate of the TV. I have adaptive vsync enabled (I know it's not optimal for lag) and get a constant 60, without 100-120.
And I think the physics is somehow linked to the frame rendering, but I am not sure of it.

firebrand007

Jul 10, 2015
Great news (for me :) on the lag issue for the flippers : I got pretty sure it had nothing to do with my GPU/RAM specs, I completely suppressed the nvidia profile I had made for Pinball Arcade DX11 and used my general settings : no change... then I had the idea of testing how the flippers reacted with the mouse clicks, and they worked just fine ! So by remapping my pincab buttons to mouse clicks instead of the keyboard shift keys, I was able to overcome the problem !
I still have no idea why this happens on DX11 version and not the DX9 version but heck, as long as it works I'm happy !! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.