Request Doctor Who by Bally. Who's With Me?

damitw1969

Nov 5, 2013
I know, it only has the "classic" Doctors, villans, gadgets and such. But for anyone (especially Doctor Who fans), this game was a dream-come-true. Now, come on, who doesn't like hearing the sound of the Master laughing at you when the ball drains?

So, yes, Pinball Arcade, please get the permissions necessary and let's have this game, Doctor Who, added to an already-fabulous list of excellent pinball games!

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
I never played or seen this table but... and don't throw rocks at me... I really really really don't like doctor who... (the series) ^^

Envoyé de mon GT-I9300 en utilisant Tapatalk

Palmer Eldritch

Dec 17, 2012
Feond.gif

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
I never played or seen this table but... and don't throw rocks at me... I really really really don't like doctor who... (the series) ^^

I'm not a big fan of "Dr. Who" either, but the pinball table is an absolute blast to play.

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
I'd love to see it. Love the whole mechanics of getting multiball going. To be honest, I'd most likely contribute to just about any kickstarter that Farsight did for a license. Even if it wasn't one of my most wanted tables, it'd probably be someone else's. The more successful FS is in acquiring licenses, the better they look when they try to go for others.

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
Same for me, I don't like the show but it doesn't mean I wouldn't enjoy the table... I would try it for sure.

jkonami

Apr 4, 2012
This looks like a really cool table. One of the small handful I'm interested in having in TPA along with Black Knight 2000, and Swords of Fury. Count my vote!

SydyneBall

Jul 18, 2013
This table is great. There is a RL one near me I've played about 20 times. Trying to get back there soon. Nothing like a screaming Dalek and 4x table score! I think it's very playable and has some interesting combo shots that makes the game challenging.

Chris Dunman

Apr 11, 2012
+1

I'd kick in for another kickstarter.

Timelord ...

It may not need a kickstarter TImelord. The BBC aren't renowned for pricing their properties beyond reason but as the table depicts and contains 'dalek' samples, that would require Terry Nations (or his estate) permission as they are his.

The BBC did produce a dalek story without his permission way back in the 70’s simply because they forgot. All was resolved in a very gentlemanly fashion over a huge lunch. Things were different way back then.....

LanceBoyle

Jul 5, 2013
Relatedly...

It's 70% interview, but there's quite the footage of the pin itself. And there's also other ones in there (CftBL, Fish Tales, and some others)

I will admit that I would've liked to see them give CftBL a shot as well, but since it has nothing to do with Doctor Who...

QuiGonJ

Jan 27, 2013
I was at the Comikaze Expo this past weekend, and I asked about this table. Sadly, the answer I got is, the rights team would have to go through British lawyers and so on to get voice and likeness from at least ten people and/or estates (Terry Nation, the Seven Doctors in the table, and Roger Delgado's estate, not to mention BBC Worldwide for the underlying rights) to get this done, and logistically, it's not likely to happen. And as popular as the show is right now, the BBC is likely to ask Star Wars/Disney level pricing which means the Kickstarter would make previous ones look like chump change. :(

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I was at the Comikaze Expo this past weekend, and I asked about this table. Sadly, the answer I got is, the rights team would have to go through British lawyers and so on to get voice and likeness from at least ten people and/or estates (Terry Nation, the Seven Doctors in the table, and Roger Delgado's estate, not to mention BBC Worldwide for the underlying rights) to get this done, and logistically, it's not likely to happen. And as popular as the show is right now, the BBC is likely to ask Star Wars/Disney level pricing which means the Kickstarter would make previous ones look like chump change. :(

It will be nowhere near Disney proportions. The BBC are funded by licence payers and don't really exist to make a killing profit.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts