Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Played yesterday on Steam and noticed the following:

The Steam version has:
-lesser graphics
-laggier input
-one single camera view (and thus probably no switching bugs). Skillshots require really skill and a good memory.
-higher prices. One core pack table alone is 7.99 €, 8 times as much as on Android.
-better detail in landscape view (the only view)
-easier to read DMD but without any flashing

So it's not a bad idea to stay faithful to the Android platform. iOS is probably even better.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013

The Steam version has:
-lesser graphics
-laggier input
-one single camera view (and thus probably no switching bugs). Skillshots require really skill and a good memory.
-higher prices. One core pack table alone is 7.99 €, 8 times as much as on Android.

So it's not a bad idea to stay faithful to the Android platform. iOS is probably even better.

Don't agree

PC graphics are infinitely better than mobile - you need better hardware.

If pc input is lagging, try window as opposed to fullscreen. There are tweaks for nvidea and other settings too (see pc threads).

There are 4 camera views and a lock on pc same as mobile. Changed by pressing 'c' and 'v' respectively but customisable if req.

You can plunge using the mouse just as effectively as on mobile, so not sure what you mean about the skill shot statement.

Pricing is the same as mobile or close. Season 1 £22 or £30pro.
The £8 pack you mention I believe is the initial pack which is 4 tables.

The PC physics blow Android out of the water I'm sad to say.
Hopefully Android might be capable of whatever tweaks have been made to PC. And hopefully Farsight might roll them out despite it not being financially beneficial for them.
They probably won't - but they might.

TZ on Android = ZZZZZZZZ(snore)
TZ on pc = WOW

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
There are 4 camera views and a lock on pc same as mobile. Changed by pressing 'c' and 'v' respectively but customisable if req.
That might help. Good advice

You can plunge using the mouse just as effectively as on mobile, so not sure what you mean about the skill shot statement.
Currently I cannot see the plunger on most tables at all. Just skip the plunger view on Android and use landscape to see what I see.

Pricing is the same as mobile or close. Season 1 £22 or £30pro.
The £8 pack you mention I believe is the initial pack which is 4 tables.
This could be a bug. It says that each table is 8€ and I use english language on Steam which is actually an improvement over Android.

Last edited:

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Plunge view has its own camera views also (3 in total).
I prefer 2, which is plan, closest to the plunger.
Changed with 'c' on pc or by pressing cam button on mobile whilst at the point of plunging.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Screenshots vs vs?

Can't help you with that personally, if your post was to me - sorry.

Our family laptop is a cr@ppy i3 integrated graphics affair, so whilst it plays great on pc with 60fps it looks like garbage - but it's my hardware.

PC physics are good enough to make me want to build a pc next year. I don't know if I can afford to - but I definitely want to. I work alongside an IT support department, so I might be begging for parts from them.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Plunge view has its own camera views also (3 in total).
I prefer 2, which is plan, closest to the plunger.
Changed with 'c' on pc or by pressing cam button on mobile whilst at the point of plunging.

That was the clue :). I was now able to also adjust the widescreen landscape view.

Screenshots failed. With "print" I get white pictures.
I have a Dell Studio 17. I recommend changing the flippers away from SHIFT because that can freeze the input.

Last edited:

night

May 18, 2012
Incredible that with all the graphic bells and whistles for the PC version, FarSight still refuses to add any shadows on TZ.

VenomPlug

Oct 30, 2012
There we go, screenshots. I think Android has more natural colors but PC version looks awesome, and more detailed.

wsryg2.jpg

2hgzbja.jpg

2nimedy.jpg

34fgw1w.jpg

QuiGonJ

Jan 27, 2013
I like the physics on the PC, but since I use the X Box 360 Controller for Windows, the partial controller support drives me a bit batty.

N

netizen

I like some of the tables on the PC, and I like some of the tables on Android.

Playing with a controller makes longer play sessions much easier, where as playing on my 'droid is simpler to just slip in and out of quick games, as well as to have that intuitive shake nudging thing happening, along side portrait mode.

I don't think I will have a favourite for a while until I have a much better PC, or until 'droid technology get substantially better.

I found that going between the two platforms my playing has improved and become much more relaxed. YMMV

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012

The Steam version has:
-lesser graphics
-laggier input

Lol.

Maybe if your PC is horrible or doesn't even have a graphics card? Otherwise PC smokes android and iOS.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Lol.

Maybe if your PC is horrible or doesn't even have a graphics card? Otherwise PC smokes android and iOS.

Maybe you are color blind or just love everything pink. OK, the latest pack looks a bit better because FS didnt bother much with Android. Unfortunately there is no easy way to upload pictures.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Maybe you are color blind or just love everything pink. OK, the latest pack looks a bit better because FS didnt bother much with Android. Unfortunately there is no easy way to upload pictures.

Farsight's strange lighting choices not withstanding, current-gen Console and PC have a distinct advantage over Android in lighting effects and geometry. They are worlds apart in this respect. Mobile is very bare bones, not much lighting to speak of at all, though I agree I love the bright, colorful playfields. Android version in specific also has some missing alpha effects here and there on tables. It's really no contest, and laughable to suggest otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.