Unlicensed Top 100 IPDB/Pinside Tables still remaining

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
BK2K and High Speed are all I really want. Comet would be good too.

I was hoping at least one of them would finish out Season 2 as I bought the bundle just after T2 came out, but whatever. Kind of disappointed with Season 2....

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
There's still a stack outside that list I want as well. A quick watch of Classic Game Room will unleash a good number of tables that a number of us have never heard of which would be ideal candidates... I really, REALLY want TX-Sector, for example.

jkonami

Apr 4, 2012
There's a reason many of us are constantly going on about BK2K: it's awesome. I can understand not liking the first game, but 2K improves on it greatly and gives you a great light show and music to boot. The layout is pretty close but the superficial adjustments to the table alone make it worth playing. I'm sure there a couple of people here who like the original over 2K, though, and I respect your opinion. :)

I can't wait for most of the games on that list to come out, in fact now that we've got the PC version, I might just pay for season 3 up front and let the surprises roll in.

I think you should take High Speed II off the list though - it's not a licensed property in and of itself, but I think having a hit song might cost some pennies. (edit: just take it off the "unlicensed games" list, not off of the "bring this game to TPA" list)

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
I can understand BK2K is a much better table, but I wonder why they didn't do that in the first place in that case? BK was on the bottom of my list when it came and that's why I'm not so excited to see another one. Especially since it is at the cost of a different table. Nuff said 'bout dat!

Goin' Nuts 3000! With one extra row of drop targets added! The "music" from the first version pumped up Euro-Disco style and perhaps a big-boobed squirrel as artwork to make it really classy. Yeay...eh...maybe not :)

Better yet:
- Mousin around
- Joker Poker
- Banzai run
- High Speed II

...strictly out of nostalgic reasons. These are the only ones on the list I've played, and I loved them all.

Sir_LANs-a-lot

Jun 1, 2012
Are FarSight currently in negotiations with anyone regarding future table licences?

It all seems to have gone a bit quiet after the T2 Kickstarter.. :confused:

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Are FarSight currently in negotiations with anyone regarding future table licences?

It all seems to have gone a bit quiet after the T2 Kickstarter.. :confused:

They generally don't tell their plans as if they announced a certain table to the fans and then couldn't get the rights to it there would be a backlash.#

Some people are already crying foul at FS mentioning TAF in order to get people to pledge to T2.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
They generally don't tell their plans as if they announced a certain table to the fans and then couldn't get the rights to it there would be a backlash.#

Some people are already crying foul at FS mentioning TAF in order to get people to pledge to T2.

They still keep mentioning TAF as a table they are working on acquiring rights for every once in a while. They really have only spoken of that table when it comes to going after a license. While they've mentioned that they would love to do other tables by name (Williams Indy, LotR and maybe a couple others), they have also explicitly stated that GnR and any table associated with Disney, rock bands or comic book superheroes (so half of Stern's modern tables, Indy and Star Wars) are pretty much a no.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
They still keep mentioning TAF as a table they are working on acquiring rights for every once in a while. They really have only spoken of that table when it comes to going after a license. While they've mentioned that they would love to do other tables by name (Williams Indy, LotR and maybe a couple others), they have also explicitly stated that GnR and any table associated with Disney, rock bands or comic book superheroes (so half of Stern's modern tables, Indy and Star Wars) are pretty much a no.

Surely that doesn't include Judge Dredd? Most people here think it won't even need a Kickstarter.

Come to think of it he's not really a superhero, mind you.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Surely that doesn't include Judge Dredd? Most people here think it won't even need a Kickstarter.

Come to think of it he's not really a superhero, mind you.

I would assume they mean dc/marvel. I can't think of any other comics that tied in other than dredd, although dark horse and acclaim would have had a few awesome characters to work with.

I agree, the judge isn't quite superheroic, but still a very enjoyable read!

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013
I think there's a few technically licensed tables in the top 100, too, that would probably not cost a whole lot to get, akin to the Elvira tables. (An example I see right off the bat is No Fear. I doubt a currently bankrupt clothing / lifestyle line would ask for *prohibitively* high fees...)

They must've had something going with Universal to get Creature from the Black Lagoon and Monster Bash so easily...

(Plenty of non-licensed EM tables too to pick from, of course...)

TMOverbeck

Dec 10, 2013
Would High Speed II be a problem, since it would maybe count in the rock-band category (thanks to ZZ Top's "La Grange")?

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Would High Speed II be a problem, since it would maybe count in the rock-band category (thanks to ZZ Top's "La Grange")?

No one outside of fs, zz top or anyone trying to license their ip really knows for sure. I would like to think that they would be pretty reasonable about it

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Plays almost all the time. Can't really hide or replace it in my mind.
I guess you could replace it with some old John Lee Hooker tunes (very similar) but it wouldn't be the same.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Pretty sure they left songs out, not replaced them.

They replaced them with other songs already in the game, is what I mean. There's no mode where no music plays at all.

They actually did that in the HD re-release of JSR. One of the stages is just... silent.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Yeah, that list shrank big time. By the end of Season 3 it will be smalle still!

I would be completely satisfied if they did Safe Cracker, Roadshow, Earthshaker, Fathom and Paragon. That's my personal top 5 of what's left. Black Rose and Cyclone are basically locks (based on Facebook comments by official TPA and polling results) so I'm not worried about either of those.

Buzz1126

Dec 27, 2013
I've still not made up my mind about Season Three. Right now, in my mind, the few tables that have been released dont warrant spending thirty dollars. Paragon would be a good table out of what's left, I'd pay for it as an individual table. Hurry up, TPA...

Last edited:

Members online

Members online