PC Version 1.19.6 Discussion & Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainman

Oct 26, 2013
The beta 11/7/2013 drivers don't make any difference. I wouldn't bash ATI right from the start 'cause my other games work fine...and I have a lot of games ranging from TBS to FPS. Anyhow, my cab is running ati 5770x2 and it seems that there is a slight inclination to nvidia in the virtual pinball community 'cause visual pinball works flawlessly with the nvidia cards too (although latest ati drivers did manage to fix all the issues I had). Now back to the topic, I think Farsight seriously needs to tackle this problem with post processing. ATI users make a big share of their market and I see many angry gamers on official steam forums complaining about pp issues. Tbh changing a graphic card because of one game just ain't gonna cut it for 90% of the users, so long story short, FS needs to pull the sleeves and fix this PP bug.

Ultimetalhead

Jun 13, 2012
Well, it randomly decided to work again. No more extreme lag, but there's an occasional stutter that I don't remember being there before. It's playable, for sure, but it makes me a little weary to take the plunge and get Season 2 knowing that it could just randomly not work again.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Why do we have to talk about the AMD PP issue in 4 different threads ...

there is a tool called
amd gaming developed app
with it u can tweak settings for your games

That's the AMD Gaming Evolved App.
You can download it here: http://raptr.com/amd
But the app doesn't allow you to change settings for TPA. Use CCC or RadeonPro to overwrite application settings.

PS: Some nvidia users also report jaggies with pp on.

Last edited:

Rainman

Oct 26, 2013
In portrait mode, when the ball is far up the playfield it is small, but nearing the flippers the ball increases in size, making in right on the flippers nearly twice as big as far up the field. This is kinda annoying and makes the ball look like an inflatable baloon rather than a solid object. I don't know if this is a portrait bug but it really is a deal breaker. Will the full fledged cabinet version get rid of this?

joeblade

Nov 4, 2013
Season Pack DLC pages are now available in the Steam store, in case anyone was wondering.

Wanted to say a BIG Thank You to Mike and all the guys at Farsight for allowing me to enjoy all the tables finally.....:cool:

I decided to purchase both "pro season" packs as a thank you for all your hard work plus i'll keep supporting you guys on my ios devices...:eek:

LMA

Jun 14, 2013
All tables never drop below 60fps I have vsync on.
Some tables since the last patch seem to speed up when the ball bounces off things I know the ball is meant to get faster but looks more like the game is in fast forward. Some tables when they load and the camera pans over them it's in slow motion. When I start the table it's still in slow motion. The first week I played it everything was perfect.

Windows 8.1
Nvidia GTX570 latest driver.

Moogster66

Nov 20, 2013
Hi all.

I have been reading about the portrait mode, and got it working on my cabinet setup. It plays/looks great!

I may be missing something, but is there support yet for a 2nd monitor backglass?

Thanks guys.

LMA

Jun 14, 2013
Hi all.

I have been reading about the portrait mode, and got it working on my cabinet setup. It plays/looks great!

I may be missing something, but is there support yet for a 2nd monitor backglass?

Thanks guys.

It's in the works but it might be a paid extra.

djrobx

May 29, 2013
It's in the works but it might be a paid extra.
I hope if they charge extra for this feature, that it's fully functional and highly configurable. Some cabs have a third LCD display for the DMD (see vpcabs for example). Extra fees just to slap the backglass image onto display #2 seems a little sleazy.

Then you get into things like plungers (e.g. Pinball Wizard controller), external solenoids, knockers, strobes, etc. True cab support is worth paying for, but I expect more than a couple display tweaks if they go that route.

Last edited:

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
I may have missed discussion on this, but aren't we supposed to get the ball packs too if we bought the Pro season packs? I'm pretty sure I have none of them.

N

netizen

I may have missed discussion on this, but aren't we supposed to get the ball packs too if we bought the Pro season packs? I'm pretty sure I have none of them.

I bought pro season packs and have never gotten a ball skin pack.

Kick starter backers were given access to their ball packs through logins, in may be that because STTNG and TZ were included in S1 and those were kickstarted tables that someone may have been abacker and confused buying thr S1 pack with receiving access to their rewards :/

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
I bought pro season packs and have never gotten a ball skin pack.

Kick starter backers were given access to their ball packs through logins, in may be that because STTNG and TZ were included in S1 and those were kickstarted tables that someone may have been abacker and confused buying thr S1 pack with receiving access to their rewards :/

I have a hard time parsing this, but when I bought the pro table packs it clearly said that some ball packs are included when buying.

In fact it says that on the table pack purchase page on steam too. S1 pro pack is supposed to include S1, TZ, and TNG ball packs, and S2 pro pack is supposed to include T2, and S2 ball packs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts