PC Version 1.19.6 Discussion & Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart Webster

Apr 24, 2013
Version 1.19.6 has been released.

Changes:
- Added portrait support to the user interface. When you launch the config utility, you can choose an adapter (monitor) number. This lets you run fullscreen and fullscreen window modes on other monitors. The resolutions listed are the supported fullscreen ones for the selected adapter. A portrait monitor will list portrait resolutions.
- Season Pass DLC added to the steam store. "The season purchasing is in but the store pages may or may not be "released" today as I'm not sure if Valve is still at the office. So those might not show up until tomorrow." - Mike

Stuart Webster

Apr 24, 2013
Because the changelist for 1.19.6 is a little small, here's a peek at changes that will be released with the next stable build:
- Fix for portrait cameras cutting off the flippers.
- Rumble On/Off in table settings.
- Dual-stage flippers On/Off in table settings.
- Reverse nudge On/Off in table settings.
- Event cameras On/Off in table settings.
- Sound Options menu to adjust levels for sound effects, table music, and menu music in the Options menu.
- Fixes for various application focus issues, such as input being processed when dismissing the Steam overlay or when the application doesn't have focus.
- Camera flyby properly restores after exiting table exploration.
- Fix for controllers on high-score initials entry in portrait.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Nov 10, 2013
Because the changelist for 1.19.6 is a little small, here's a peek at changes that will be released with the next stable build:
- Sound Options menu to adjust levels for sound effects, table music, and menu music in the Options menu.

That's great. Something that my ears have requested :). Great job with the new patches!

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Oh, I can't wait till after 5 so I can download it.
Might even be able to buy a table pack to keep me satiated until friday.

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
Until an analog nudge is working, the game simply does not feel complete to me. I know some tables have a few issues, even major ones, but I can play on one of the others for now until those problems get sorted out, but I can't really enjoy any table without a nudge similar to what I was using with my PS3 and Xbox.

The reason I stopped purchasing new tables with my iPad was because of the nudge implementation, and the realization that nothing was going to correct this in a relatively short time frame. If the nudge had always been digital, I probably wouldn't care, but I've been playing for so long now with an analog nudge available that I can't do without it.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
Until an analog nudge is working, the game simply does not feel complete to me. I know some tables have a few issues, even major ones, but I can play on one of the others for now until those problems get sorted out, but I can't really enjoy any table without a nudge similar to what I was using with my PS3 and Xbox.
same here. Stuart, are some fixes for nudge planed for near future?

Munky

Apr 28, 2013
- Fixes for various application focus issues, such as input being processed when dismissing the Steam overlay or when the application doesn't have focus.

^^^^ All of this! Especially the event camera. When playing a game I do not want the camera moving AT ALL for anything once I've plunged the ball. Only acceptable movement for me is when it involves the backglass, such as Cirqus Voltaire or Scared Stiff.

Brian Reynolds

Nov 6, 2013
Cool to see another update and portrait mode is mightily appreciated... will be trying this out on my netbook momentarily.

I'm still having problems with the game registering the xbox right analog stick button depress as activating all four X, Y, A, and B buttons simultaneously. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm the only person who has noticed this since I've not seen any other comments about it, but I can confirm it happens on both of my computers and continues to do so even after reverting the controls to the default setting and again after remapping things to my current preference. Very annoying to deal with.

Nimrod

Oct 29, 2013

Any idea when we will get analog nudge for 360 controller and anisotropic filtering?

Vince

Nov 7, 2013

I don't see a fix for the broken nudge on 360 controllers, and I think it's an essential fix to include. It's been a week already with it broken; I think as pinball control is limited you should get something out as a hotfix rather than wait for other things.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
first time to the PC version this evening. First impressions.

1) Crazy fast!!! Maybe I'm used to the Nexus 7 Android version, but this PC version just seems too fast. Ball feels like a rubber ball. How can I easily see the framerate?
2) Post processing lighting looks great but lots of jaggies, especially when changing the camera angle. (my laptop won't handle any of the antialiasing modes).
3) without post processing switched on, I find the ball on Monster bash almost ghosts. Difficult to see.

will revisit when I can properly test portrait mode and controller. Never thought I'd say it, but prefer playing on the tablet now (Xbox version hasn't been played all year). Nice to see regular updates on the PC version though.

Brian Reynolds

Nov 6, 2013
I've tried this out now in portrait mode on my netbook and it works just as intended, -thank you! It's a really quirky way to accomplish it however since I normally maintain my netbook in landscape mode and now I have to manually change the operating system display mode to portrait every time I want to play the Pinball Arcade and then change back to landscape mode when I'm finished playing. I'd much rather there be a setting adjustment WITHIN the game itself to always stay in portrait mode no matter what the desktop environment is.

Nimrod

Oct 29, 2013
first time to the PC version this evening. First impressions.

1) Crazy fast!!! Maybe I'm used to the Nexus 7 Android version, but this PC version just seems too fast. Ball feels like a rubber ball. How can I easily see the framerate?
2) Post processing lighting looks great but lots of jaggies, especially when changing the camera angle. (my laptop won't handle any of the antialiasing modes).
3) without post processing switched on, I find the ball on Monster bash almost ghosts. Difficult to see.

will revisit when I can properly test portrait mode and controller. Never thought I'd say it, but prefer playing on the tablet now (Xbox version hasn't been played all year). Nice to see regular updates on the PC version though.

Can't really complain about jaggies when you haven't got anti aliasing on mate.

Lobotomy

Jul 21, 2013
Been playing in portrait mode a while, and it works great (except for the "A button", highscore bug and the views on some tables).
Rotated back my 27" to landscape mode and tried to enjoy it as much, but no go, pinball is played this way!, will try it on the cab tomorrow, too late now.
Would be cool if we could use similiar settings like BAM for FP in reality menu for the camera fixation in the future to calculate the camera position and so on:
bam_submenu_reality.png

Keep it up!, and thanks for the quick portrait mode, you got my 87$ now ;)

Sashh

Nov 4, 2013
Please fix portrait mode for 10:16, I just checked 9:16 and it's so much better.

dada8787

Nov 11, 2013
can u please explain me where to find option for portrait mode?
When i launch the config utility, I can see only 1 adapter (monitor) number, and choosing full window mode does not chane anything.
can u pls explain step by step to change to portrait mode?

thx

Gozer

Jun 10, 2013
When i launch the config utility, I can see only 1 adapter (monitor) number, and choosing full window mode does not chane anything.

thx

Right click your desktop and select change resolution.
Change from landscape to portrait.
Take note of what recommended resolution windows sets in portrait.
Open TPA config and make sure that resolution matches windows recommended resolution.
Launch TPA and enjoy.

Klopek

Apr 29, 2012

thx

Set your monitor to portrait mode through Windows before launching the game. You can see whether it worked in the Config because the resolution width/height will be swapped.

Edit: Yeah, what Gozer said!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.