Death saves are possible

neilpinbot

Apr 4, 2012
I's this a first on TPA. I just managed to pull of a death save on STTNG. The ball drained out the left outlane and I managed to up nudge it (using a xbox360 controller) back into play through the flippers. ;)

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Early on it was reported that they were possible to do on Black Hole, and even documented by video.

They are hard but possible.

Exo

Nov 10, 2013
i would prefer drop catches

Drop catches are already possible. Live catches and moves that require more precise flipper movement (cradle separations, tap/flick passes) are the ones that aren't possible the way they're supposed to be though.

Roo

Jul 5, 2013
When it goes down the outlane and you nudge it back up through the flippers, isn't it called a bang back?

kristian

Nov 6, 2013
Early on it was reported that they were possible to do on Black Hole, and even documented by video.

They are hard but possible.

Does the ball actually drain in Black Hole? I think grew a beard waiting it to happen.

That's gotta be the easiest video pinball I've ever played.

neilpinbot

Apr 4, 2012
What ever the correct term death save/bang back, It's the first time that I have managed one on TPA, Hope they never get as easy to do as they are in ZEN.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
What ever the correct term death save/bang back, It's the first time that I have managed one on TPA, Hope they never get as easy to do as they are in ZEN.

Some zen tables have dedicated soind effects when you perform a bang back such as wolverine saying "clever" as the ball passes up through the flippers. Zen did this in purpose. I like how hard it is in tpa for tpa and kije how easy it is in zen for zen

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
I've had some weird "fake" death save (Leo Daniels type) thing happening on Cue ball wizard, where the ball rolls down straight down the middle but comes bouncing back up again, like there was a hidden middle post inside the middle drain or something.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
I've had some weird "fake" death save (Leo Daniels type) thing happening on Cue ball wizard, where the ball rolls down straight down the middle but comes bouncing back up again, like there was a hidden middle post inside the middle drain or something.

That's called a lazarus. Happens often on old EM tables in reality. I think it has something to do with the geography of the ball trough below the flippers being different than with modern games. I've seen it happen on some modern stuff in tournaments too though. Usually requires high ball speeds.

neilpinbot

Apr 4, 2012

Yes had that happen a few times as well and had me scratching my head. Thanks for the explanation JPelter.

N

netizen

There is that post at the drain hole

Screenshot_2013-11-23-14-20-28.png

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Ha ha, ok thanks for the pic, that explains it. Takes some balls to rely on that save. Table shouldn't be cut of so high up then. Concider that a bug. TPA cuts of their tables too high up in my opinion. Only thing I like more about zen is more space under flippers. In landscape even parts of flippers are cut of on going nuts. And el Dorado has middle post cut off.

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
Sorry to bring this thread back but I just did TWO death saves/bang backs in ONE game on BSD for PC. :cool:
Seems BSD is one of the tables it is easier to do.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.