PS3 - Bug Champion Pub (Ultimate Challenge Bug)

maezun

Jul 21, 2013
Basically, on the PS3 version of Champion Pub there is a problem with the 'Ultimate Challenge'. Every time I reach it a bug occurs where (usually) after I've beaten the first 2 fighters, the boxer will just turn around for no reason (even though my life bar hasn't been depleted) and I've still got at least 2 balls left. 'Fisticuffs Multiball' doesn't start and pretty much every shot on the table just increases the purse value and you just get stuck until both your balls drain.

I don't think I'm the only one who's noticed this, so I can definitely say it's not just me. Driving me crazy too cos I really want to complete the Ultimate Challenge! :mad:

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Basically, on the PS3 version of Champion Pub there is a problem with the 'Ultimate Challenge'. Every time I reach it a bug occurs where (usually) after I've beaten the first 2 fighters, the boxer will just turn around for no reason (even though my life bar hasn't been depleted) and I've still got at least 2 balls left. 'Fisticuffs Multiball' doesn't start and pretty much every shot on the table just increases the purse value and you just get stuck until both your balls drain.

I don't think I'm the only one who's noticed this, so I can definitely say it's not just me. Driving me crazy too cos I really want to complete the Ultimate Challenge! :mad:

Have you knocked out someone during the Challenge? I've had it happen to me, too, on the PC.

EDIT: Unfortunately, this can't be fixed. http://pinball.org/rules/championpub2.txt

Last edited:

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
It's called "the horribly annoying bug" and it drives me crazy too! (knockout during the UC)

It seems to be related to the original ROM and not to be TPA's fault.

Read the 1st page of this topic: http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/5060-Ultimate-Challenge-Strategy

The key seems to be to stop playing as soon as you heard the "knockout music", in order to not break the UC. And to not use Smart Punches for the first three opponents.

That Ultimate Challenge is more a matter of luck than anything else, and it makes this wizard goal the hardest IMO (yep, beyond Genie 3M!).

I'm lazy to work on that one, because it's so long to start the UC (I reached it 5 times - 3 loss during the third fight, and 2 horribly annoying bugs-), and moreover, that table can be very punitive even before you start the UC.

EDIT: oops, didn't see the date (November 2013!)

EDIT 2: Finally did it a few minutes ago after 4 games (UC reached only one time... and success)! lol

I stopped playing as soon there was the knockout music, and by luck, the center post never get down when I needed it. But two times, there was the knockout music, and I'm almost sure the third and four opponents were K.O...?
I used 4 or 5 smart punches like crazy only for the fifth and last opponent. And finally: Goal 5 completed. Jeez.

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I was wondering if there was a bug involved. Twice I've been screwed by it today. The other UC I got into, I got to the fifth fighter without Smart Punches, but lost "normally". It would be nice to win the UC to get the Wizard Goal done. Having a bug doesn't help matters :(

Members online

Members online