BlahCade Podcast Poll

How long should BlahCade podcasts be?

• Total voters

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
We're just getting started having fun with doing these podcasts. My question to you is, what's the sweet spot for how long they should run? Chime in, we'll see about catering to your listening needs.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Just listened to both this afternoon. Enjoyed them very much. Nice to put a voice to the avatars. Love the accents. I sometimes forget we are scattered all over the globe.
My answer depends on how often you plan to do a podcast. I think a half an hour is just about right. But if you are only going to do a podcast every month or six weeks, then at least an hour.
Good work by all those involved.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I picked 45 min. if you're looking at two a month. I agree with Kolchak that, if you're doing just one a month, then maybe an hour+ would be better.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
We're just getting started having fun with doing these podcasts. My question to you is, what's the sweet spot for how long they should run? Chime in, we'll see about catering to your listening needs.

This doesn't just apply to this poll, it is a trend that I have noticed. I wish that people would just put the answers in the poll and refrain from putting in editorial comments in the poll answers. I would have voted for "I don't care" but then I'd be voting for "I don't listen to them" which isn't true. So instead I voted for 30 minutes.

Seriously, I think you should just let your content be your guide. You don't need to have a formal format.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I voted 45 min. Although if there is exciting discussion, go longer, if it get stale, cut it early. I believe 45 min is a good amount of time to plan for but be flexible with the time as conditions change.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
This doesn't just apply to this poll, it is a trend that I have noticed. I wish that people would just put the answers in the poll and refrain from putting in editorial comments in the poll answers. I would have voted for "I don't care" but then I'd be voting for "I don't listen to them" which isn't true. So instead I voted for 30 minutes.

Seriously, I think you should just let your content be your guide. You don't need to have a formal format.

Sorry brakel...I'm a walking editorial comment! (Point taken though)

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
It's funny...

I set this poll up after the first podcast, because I simply didn't know what a good length of time for these was. Just posted our 7th pod, and once again it tips the scales around the 80 minute mark! Clearly we ignored the poll results :D

Here's the thing I've discovered. We like to talk. On any given topic, when you have 4 or more guys yacking about stuff, it easily goes longer than expected. And this is fine, because we've also discovered that getting a time where all of us can convene and record these is not the easiest thing in the world, and then Jeff has to go make 'em fit for broadcast, which also takes time.

What I'm saying, it is what it is. Pretty much count on them being between 60 and 80 minutes long.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
It's funny...

I set this poll up after the first podcast, because I simply didn't know what a good length of time for these was. Just posted our 7th pod, and once again it tips the scales around the 80 minute mark! Clearly we ignored the poll results :D

Here's the thing I've discovered. We like to talk. On any given topic, when you have 4 or more guys yacking about stuff, it easily goes longer than expected. And this is fine, because we've also discovered that getting a time where all of us can convene and record these is not the easiest thing in the world, and then Jeff has to go make 'em fit for broadcast, which also takes time.

What I'm saying, it is what it is. Pretty much count on them being between 60 and 80 minutes long.

Personally, I think that's a good limit, especially if you have things to talk about.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
There's no way we could squeeze everything into 30 minutes, heh. I supposed I could turn up the speed to 3X to condense the show and make us sound like Alvin and the Chipmunks. :D

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
There's no way we could squeeze everything into 30 minutes, heh. I supposed I could turn up the speed to 3X to condense the show and make us sound like Alvin and the Chipmunks. :D

Funny, I thought yours was already sped up. BOOM! You just got "Fungied". Drop the mike.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Funny, I thought yours was already sped up. BOOM! You just got "Fungied". Drop the mike.

Dude! I am reading this over my morning coffee and banana and had trouble keeping the masticated banana in my mouth after reading the "drop the mike" sentence. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.