Flippin' Out With...Scott Shelton of FarSight

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Good question, but you must take a different approach. Next time, try the "assumptive close".

ie: Awesome write up SYT, how'd you two do on Fish Tales? Oh, and was the Cyclone and/or Hurricane in good condition?

This has been tried on me many a time in the chat room! I'm pretty good about not spilling the beans, except when you all decoded my photos from last time. Notice how there aren't any photos this time? Take one guess why.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
This has been tried on me many a time in the chat room! I'm pretty good about not spilling the beans, except when you all decoded my photos from last time. Notice how there aren't any photos this time? Take one guess why.

Because the Fish Tales and High Speed were impossible to hide?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Because the Fish Tales and High Speed were impossible to hide?

No, because I was too busy playing Addams Fa...uh I mean, I didn't see any new tables at all. Nope. Not one new table. Zero, zilch, nada. Doo di doo :rolleyes:

*Disclaimer

The above was meant purely for comedy purposes and should in no way imply the witnessing of any pinball machines, real or fictional. Names and places have been altered to protect identities. Any similarities to real events should be construed purely as coincidence.

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012
Great article, Trap. I'd always wondered why the high scores on Cactus Canyon were so diabolical. And of course, I backed up my data with that 800m score so I'm stuck with it. :) And, I have to admit, I'm all over those instructions. Whenever I get a new table, before I even try to play it, I actually go through the entire set of instructions. Trying to play from those old rule cards was so annoying. Oddly, knowing those instructions is among my more favorite things about The Pinball Arcade. It's helped me play some of these tables in real life. Let's say it's the only reason I achieved Monster Bash mode on Monster Bash on a real table. Great work, Scott. Great work, FarSight, Great work, Trap.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
farisghtsold out to nintendo and the 2013 pack begins with a tpa remake of pokemon pinball, dare a yone ***** about an em after that!

spoliers sorry

sell outs!

Blueshirt

Nov 17, 2012
That I was able to get all of the BH Wizard Goals on Xbox360 when this table was still broken is one of my proudest accomplishments in TPA.

Moving from 360 to my kindle, I thought they had just made BH easier for mobile devices and never bothered to check. Then the PC version comes along and it's like that too, so I look it up and lo and behold, they just fixed a broken table. It really DOES change how you play that one too! Quite the difference... though I kinda liked the difficulty old BH had... ;)

Great read, looking forward to more of these!

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
Very good read. This series is a great idea. It's too bad you're stuck in SoCal and can't travel the country to talk and play with all of us. I live in Northeast Ohio, am only am average player at best, have 4 machines, but I do have 2 places nearby that are really good for table selection.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Very good read. This series is a great idea. It's too bad you're stuck in SoCal and can't travel the country to talk and play with all of us. I live in Northeast Ohio, am only am average player at best, have 4 machines, but I do have 2 places nearby that are really good for table selection.

Maybe I'll have to do a Kickstarter so I can travel the country and visit people like you! Make a stop at PAPA, Stern, and JJP while I'm at it.

*sigh* Why can't money just grow on trees?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.