spoiler alert: strategy

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Okay, I don't think this strategy has been revealed so here goes: When you start a fight, the middle drain ball saver pops up. If you just let the ball rest by this ball saver, at the end if your resting flipper, when you engage flipper the ball will fly perfectly up the side ramp. It doesn't matter if it's the left or right side. Let it land in the middle by the saver, on either flipper side and do it again. If you do this three times, your opponent will be stunned, then just use your plunger button to knock him out. (You need to have smart punch collected of course). This strategy can be used against next boxer, but you then need an extra ramp to stun him. And an extea ramp again for each following opponent, so eventually the middle drain saver won't stay up long enough for you to make enough ramp shots. So don't use this strategy until you start cash matches. And try not to stun and knock opponents until then because it will add ramp shots you need to stun opponent. So you will get like 2 or 3 guaranteed cash match wins. It was a while since I played the game so don't remember exactly, but you will find out. So the point is, if you just let the ball rest on the end of your flipper when the middle ball saver pop up is up, when the ball lies still and you shoot it it will go up the ramp perfectly, both left and right side. And then don't touch anything, the ball will return to this position and you can do it again. Then after a few of these the opponent is stunned. Just use your smart punch. So make sure you collect a couple on your way.

Also, another strategy is to go for punch bag whenever you have ball saver lit, like at the start of a new ball. Another strategy that has been mentioned is to not jump on jump rope enough times to collect it if you don't have to, if you "loose" it on purpise when you have like one jump left to collect it, you can activate it again.

K

Korven

This table kicks my butt every time. Doesn't matter how much I read about it, it just hates me and I haven't even gotten to a single cash yet. Those outlanes must be the hungriest in all of TPA...

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I actually don't think you get your built up purse if you win by knockout.

I've built my purse up to 12mil only to get 1million after winning by KO.

Also, if your opponent is stunned you can score the KO by scoring a head shot instead of a body blow, so you don't need a smart punch but it does make life easier, on the other hand, it takes away from a chance to get 2x purse skill shot which makes getting high scores a little easier.

First training I go for is the Heavy Bag, if I accidentally shoot it up to the Speed Bag or the Jump rope i just don't flip and let the ball back into play, but in the case of the jump rope it still increases the purse as well.

Generally I try the following, Plunge for a smart punch, collect heavy bag training, win first fight by KO, lock the ball, plunge for 2x purse, increase purse as much as possible, lock the ball, plunge for 2xpurse, jump rope for next training, go for 20 jumps but at least get 10 (2xpurse), start fight and win lots of "cash".

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
I posted this in another thread:

Multiply the purse by 2x 5-6 times. Hit the spitting gallery a few times and then on your first boxing match, hit the KO JP for 64 million points. Then try to do that other nonsense. Note the deflated look of the leaderboards and know that there is no way anyone will beat your score. Unless he was taking notes.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
The strategy I explained also works for regular matches of course. So if you have trouble with completing last two or three dudes, it's an easy way to beat them. And it actually only takes two ramp shots first time. But cash fights are for 200 mil each, so if you follow the strategy it's 3 guaranteed wins and 600 mil.

Also might add that in my opinion this table is the best of all to use landscape, closest view. Scrolling activated.

Last edited:

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
This advice was really great! It seems like I have a standing chance of reaching the UC-goal. It seems however that the save-button releases too quickly even though there have been no knock-outs before. While up against #1 the save button dropped before I would manage to knock him out with this method. Maybe I just did it wrong...

Man, this tables outlanes are a nightmare! That together with the fact that you can hardly ever cradle the ball makes the ball drain sooo fast! Frustrating to say the least when trying for the UC-challenge...

Captain B. Zarre: How do you double the purse value during in-game on a consistent basis?

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
It doubles any time you hit the Corner (left captive hole). It also doubles from a Skill Shot symbol, a Poker award, and by completing the Beer targets. Hope this helps.

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
I have played the game a bit more now knowing about the Jab-technique and it is somewhat helpful but unfortunately not as much as I hoped at first. Basically, the longer you can go without using the technique the better. If you manage to fight all five fighters without having to use it you're in for gold in the cash games. The problem is that it is so difficult getting by those first ones without draining too much in the process.

Capn Bzarre: Thanks. Well, it's really not as simple as you made it seem then. I mean, shooting the spitting gallery is an easy and quite safe shot but getting a new ball or doubling the purse in another way is really not as simple as just boosting it 5-6x. At least not for me.

I think the "easiest" way of scoring BIG on this table is to save knockouts for cash games and then just go for Steve-O. Reaching the cash games is another thing though.

If this game was just a tad nicer it would be my favorite game. I love the features and the rules etc. I just don't like how ruthless the outlanes are and that it is virtually impossible to cradle the ball safely.

Last edited:

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Yeah you still have to follow the other strategies, like collecting as many doors and extra balls as possible and smart punch at jump rope. For jump rope, I watch the front of the ball relative to rope and make sure it jumps over the rope, then focus on the rope as soon as its behind the ball, you will see when it changes speed and will be ready with timing, remember the right side ("front") of ball must clear the rope. You will have no trouble with 20 jumps if you do it like this. Then you only need 3 smart punch as the ball saver wont stay up long enough for a fourth opponent anyway so go for door as much as possible. Lots of ball locks, you get a new chance at door award every lock.
Then when you face the third cash opponent and you use the technique you have to shoot the ball as soon as it's "in position" on every shot, you wait a half second too long and it's too late. For the basic opponents I think the ball saver stays up longer if its your first match on the current ball.
If the ball is even near outlanes, side nudge, every time. Nudging is very effective on this table.
Easiest way to cradle is to let the ball dead pass to the other flipper, very effective. I try to shoot opponents so the ball comes almost straight down again if its SDTM just side nudge while it's on its way, it will change direction just enough, then let it bounce on one flipper to the other (dead pass) then cradle or just shoot again. Usually the ball save will be up anyway but always let it bounce first, then shoot. When you find the straight trajectory you can win fights pretty fast and not loose much health and next fight will start faster. With tight shooting you might get a chin hit or two and even final opponent can be easy enough, especially if it's the first fight on your current ball as the ball saver will stay up longer. If you just want to win use the special technique, it's only two ramp shots first time.

Final tip is to go to papa site and watch the video on this table, it's really helpful, notice the outlane nudging and opponent attacking shots especially.

One difference from papa video is that on TPA you can choose to fight for 200mil every cash fight :)

Last edited:

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
switch3flip: Thanks for tons of useful advice! I am having a hard time side nudging on iPad since I have to release my grip to do that, which often is not fast enough and might not give you time to get your hand back in place. I have tried different nudging schemes but they are all set that way (unless they've changed it recently).

I have found that a upwards nudge while the ball comes in from the left inner lanes slows it down to be cradled. It doesn't seem to work similarly on the right hand side.

Where is the "papa site", could you provide an url?

Thanks again!

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Also did you try landscape? The closest view and scrolling: on works perfectly with this table. The nudge area is closer also so nudging can be easier in this view. Before up nudge was possible, I used shake nudge for this table, it works really good to avoid side draining.

Members online

Members online