CV bugs break the game

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
I'm gonna make an annoyance of myself by repeatedly posting about cv bugs until somebody can please acknowledge these are going to be fixed some day.

The game doesn't work as it should. Frequently the camera locks somewhere it shouldn't, so you can't see what you need to do, just have to flail and guess and hope you survive it. Frequently it won't let you use the flippers while you have multiball going, so you have to just watch them all drain. This one happens when you are finally getting somewhere in a good game, and make it pointless to try to get a good score.

Frequency: every game something is broken with the camera. Flipper failure maybe 1 in 20 games

Platform: IOS

Can someone from Farsight please acknowledge and comment? I think this game is the most broken and has been for the longest time, so (along with Final Frontier camera on STTNG) it deserves attention before more recent game bug fixes.

If anyone can post useful workarounds in the meantime, that would be appreciated.

N

netizen

multiball cam, and event cam to off, use plunge cam 1

I rarely ever get bugs with CV using those settings

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Multiball Camera: Off, Event Camera: Off, Camera View: #3 Locked, and Plunger Camera View #2 will get me through a game 9 times out of 10.

Also, if you end a game and there are ball(s) in the Highwire lock and/or you stacked multiballs at any point during the game, exit the table to the main menu and go back in before resuming play. This reduces the chance the ROM loses track of the number of balls in play and breaks multiball.

And yes, CV is the buggiest table in TPA, and has been for some time.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I think T'eed off is right there with it, Ive never knocked the menagerie ball out. I completed join the circus, meet the circus with camera stuck on plunger :

N

netizen

I think T'eed off is right there with it, Ive never knocked the menagerie ball out. I completed join the circus, meet the circus with camera stuck on plunger :

Yeah but remember that on console, even on the plunge screen, you have control of the plungers at all times. This has only become more normalized with the PC version and with the implementation of native controller support on Android; IDK how iCade support deals with this on iOS truthfully.

Ken_Clark

Dec 28, 2012
Exact reason I stopped playing this table. Sure wish they would refund my money till they can figure out/fix this disaster of a table...Sigh! Amazing that a digital table can't track how many balls are in play...

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I've been moaning about this table ever since it was launched which was a long time ago now. I've long since given up hope that they will fix it.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
For me on android for some reason it makes a difference if I have the shake nudge setting activated instead of the touch nudge setting. In shake-nudge mode, the camera and non-active flippers bug almost disappears. And another thing to remember is not to activate flippers while the ball/balls are in plunger and will automatically be plunged. I can't say it applies to this table for sure, but on some tables, if you touch screen while balls are being automatically plunged, like when a multiball starts, a camera and/or flipper bug can get activated.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
For me on android for some reason it makes a difference if I have the shake nudge setting activated instead of the touch nudge setting. In shake-nudge mode, the camera and non-active flippers bug almost disappears. And another thing to remember is not to activate flippers while the ball/balls are in plunger and will automatically be plunged. I can't say it applies to this table for sure, but on some tables, if you touch screen while balls are being automatically plunged, like when a multiball starts, a camera and/or flipper bug can get activated.

I wonder if this explains why I seldom have any stuck camera issues ever, since I have always used shake nudging. Interesting most interesting.

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
You've all been extremely reasonable and thus almost popped my bubble, but I will soldier on. Is there anyone from Farsight on this board who I can politely press for a response on when CV is likely to get some bug squashing attention?

I don't think that's too much to ask. I really like the table but for the want of a little effort to fix it, it's currently unplayable for many. I know I've had my money's worth already, but I'm a loyal customer who has bought all 41 games so I think I've earned the right to a response. Even if the response is "sometime in 2014 we will definitely address this", that's better than no response at all, and gives me something to look towards.

Please?

edit: killed stupid tapatalk signature and turned it off

Last edited:

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I think your wasting your time Dan, I've even mentioned the state of CV in the main forum many, many times and also in the beta forum where you tend to get direct response from FS employees but I'm pretty sure they have a filter set so they never see anything related to Cirqus Voltaire. I hope to be proved wrong one day. Good luck.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
If they treated us the way we treated them they would constantly be giving us ultimatums about no longer making the game over little complaints.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
If they treated us the way we treated them they would constantly be giving us ultimatums about no longer making the game over little complaints.
The man has a point.

And actually, Mike asked the other day about bugs in CV and I pointed him to the relevant master issues list. Problem is, that list is old. So a person who was really interested in seeing CV get fixed might start by testing the listed issues and seeing if they are still present, and PM-ing me the information so I can update the list, so Mike & Co. can focus more on fixing and less on hunting. Just a suggestion...

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
I want to confirm that "07-015: Camera locks onto backglass after Cannonball Run" still happens in the PC version, and is the worst bug on the list because it is game-killing.

It happens unrelated to the cannonball flying out of the backbox. I got Cannonball Run, launched only one cannonball in hopes of avoiding the camera lock bug (the game won't continue until you launch at least one), and it still happened.

I even started Highwire Multiball by flailing around during the locked camera, but it never budged, so it's not related to balls being locked on the table.

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013

i give no ultimatum and make no threats. i will continue to support them as i have from the beginning. this table is broken so i was just wondering if they're gonna fix it or not. they are the boss, they can say no, of course they can. and i am the customer, and of course i can choose to not buy. we all get that. the bit i don;t get is how they don't put any resource into fixing previously released tables. i'd prefer if they thought of them as like typos in their CV/resume. it's in the past, ok, but still, please make it something to be proud of.

i'm also doing what i said i'd do, ie. being a bug in the ointment. i will keep on raising the CV issue every few months until it gets fixed or i get bored

Echeos

Jun 5, 2013
I just tried with all the different recommended settings in this thread and still encountered the camera lock on plunger issue and the highwire multiball issue. It's a great table. Shame it's so buggy.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
The sad thing is the table wasn't this buggy when first released (iOS anyway) - I mean there were some tweaks needed because it was too easy, but as of the 2nd or third update you had this weirdness with the high wire multi ball and plunger lock issues that have never gone away.

This table and Black Knight I'd really like to see sorted, but I don't regard the issues these tables have as making them unplayable.

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
I don't think they will ever fix this table. I have iPad. 3 I never play this table any longer I gave up on it and I love the table. Oh well..........

Echeos

Jun 5, 2013
The sad thing is the table wasn't this buggy when first released (iOS anyway) - I mean there were some tweaks needed because it was too easy, but as of the 2nd or third update you had this weirdness with the high wire multi ball and plunger lock issues that have never gone away.

That really is a shame. Perhaps I'm grossly simplifying but you think it would simply be a matter of doing a diff on the code between the working and broken version to see the potential cause of the problem. And the issues are so easy to reproduce and don't happen on most tables it would seem like the kind of a thing a morning's work could fix.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.