SEGA and Data East tables confirmed?!!

Medieval_Gofers

May 29, 2013
Taken from the description of the PS4 version on Amazon.co.uk

'Best Tables of All-time - Licensed Bally, Williams, Stern, Sega, Data East and Gottlieb pinball tables selected to create the ultimate pinball collection'

What tables do you think we'll be seeing?

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
while who knows whats going in in terms if tabkes.

when farsight got the stern licsence that included legacy sega tables but they are mostly movie tables.

correct me please

seggggggaaaaaa

N

netizen

while who knows whats going in in terms if tabkes.

when farsight got the stern licsence that included legacy sega tables but they are mostly movie tables.

correct me please

seggggggaaaaaa

Stern up until ~'84 were mostly original. Then they went broke and became Data East, and then Sega which is where the layout and licensing mad procedures of modern day Stern were perfected.

The [Data East] pinball division was created in 1985 by purchasing the pinball division of Stern Electronics and its factory and assets. Amidst plummeting sales across the entire pinball market, Data East chose to exit the pinball business and sold the factory to Sega in 1994. By the end of the 1990s, the company's American division, Data East USA, had been liquidated and Data East had ceased to exist outside of Japan.

By 1999 Sega left the pinball industry and sold its pinball division, previously purchased from Data East in 1994, to Gary Stern, the son of Sam Stern. Gary Stern, who had been running Data East/Sega pinball since 1986, founded Stern Pinball, Inc. that same year.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I thought Gottlieb was involved in the modern Stern pinball saga somewhere. Wasn't it Gottlieb's pinball assets that were acquired by Data East or was that a separate event? I'm pretty sure the modern Stern company owns the old Gottlieb assets at least.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
I thought Gottlieb was involved in the modern Stern pinball saga somewhere. Wasn't it Gottlieb's pinball assets that were acquired by Data East or was that a separate event? I'm pretty sure the modern Stern company owns the old Gottlieb assets at least.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

No, you're thinking of Premier. They owned Gottlieb up until they closed in the mid 90s. Stern/Sega/DE has nothing to do with them.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
It could be an interesting challenge getting SEGA put on a video game they have no involvement with. I wonder if they'll be debranded. Mind you, SEGA will probably be pretty cool about that kind of thing.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013

That's labeled wrongly, this specific logo only appeared on Sonic 1. Sonic 2 and 3 had variations (and one or two other games too), but most games didn't use it. It was put on the Sonic 1 cart because it was an advertising jingle at the time and Yuji Naka realised they had the leftover space to put it on the cart, so they did. Yes, it was a major decision to put a two-second sound clip on a cart!

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
STAR WARS and THE SIMPSONS sweat! :p

Two of my absolute favorite tables!!

I would personally Kickstart $100 towards each of those.
They better not wait too much longer on The Simpsons tables. They are hot right now with Simpsons Tapped Out being in the top 10 apps list.
I also have a feeling that Zen might want to tackle an original Simpsons table. We don't need them locking up the license!

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
What I find odd is that the Amazon description is for a disc copy that most definitely has no SEGA or DE tables. So why does the description there mention them?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.