Thread: Worst Video Mode Ever

My Devices
    iOS, Xbox 360, Steam
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Worst Video Mode Ever

So I don't really play this game often but I decided to go for the unfinished goals. I never really did much in video mode except crash instantly. I finally took it serious and got through without hitting any cars or pedestrians and got a "nice try" and a measley 390k points. I ended up giving it another go and hit a couple pedestrians trying to avoid cars. All of a suddent I am over a million points in the mode. Who in their right mind designed this? It seems completely irresponsible and devoid of any humor (kind of like GTA but that game is comical).

My Devices
    iPad 2, Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, PS4
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I thought the worst one was in CBW.

Seriously, you have to kill as many pedestrians as possible. Why, I don't know. The exact same video mode is in GNR and SWT... but in SWT, it's at least a bit better because you're on a bike in Endor. That's pretty cool.
    ------------------------–----------------------------------------------------------------
    Livestreams: http://www.twitch.tv/captainbzarre
    Pinball Arcade Account Name: ISuckAtPins
    Wii U ID: FocusFusion
    PS4 ID: richc111

My Devices
    iTouch,New New iPad, iPad Air, Steam
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I did the same thing when I first played. Avoided pedestrains. Afterall, why would Harley Davidson approve the concept of running over people?

On the flipside, torpedoeing water skiiers in FT is a total blast.

My Devices
    iPad Air 2
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My problem with the HD video mode is how often it comes up. Wish it was limited to once or twice a game.

My Devices
    Ipad3, Xbox 360, PS3, Android, PC and Wii U
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain B. Zarre View Post
    I thought the worst one was in CBW.
    Couldn't agree more. Worst video modes (the 1st being the worstest):

Cue Ball Wizard
    Theatre of Magic
    Harley-Davidson

My Devices
    iOS, Xbox 360, Steam
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't mind Cue Ball Wizard. Pretty similar to Champion Pub. I like that kaboom style game. The other mode is pointless though.

Theater is odd. Video pinball in a pinball. Probably the most pointless but the senseless violence of Harley is outrageous. Motorcyclists have a bad enough rep (which I never understood until I lived in California and now I have no patience or respect for anyone on a motorcycle out there). At least in star wars trilogy you are taking out stormtroopers. That makes sense.

My Devices
    PC , PS3, Android
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolchak357 View Post
    My problem with the HD video mode is how often it comes up. Wish it was limited to once or twice a game.
    Agreed, this is why the HD video mode sucks, I have to play it waaaay too often. All video modes pretty much suck tho...

The CBW wizard video mode where you catch the balls seems too fast in TPA. I recall it being much easier on the real machine. Anyone else agree?
    Last edited by DrainoBraino; 12-15-2013 at 12:19 PM.

My Devices
    Xbox 360, Android, PC (when it comes out)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, me too. Seriously, up until one day where I decided to read the instructions, I thought you were supposed to avoid running over people rather than actually running them over. Really odd.

My Devices
    Playstation 3, iOS, Playstation 4
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The purpose of this game in general is to be a gay motorcyclist douchebag that gets hit on by cops. That is why it is one of my favorite tables. The concept is so ridiculous. The objective of video mode is to hit all of the pedestrians (because you are a douchebag) and avoid all vehicles. Hitting all pedestrians gives you an extra ball, unless you are maxed out on extra ball, in which case it will award you a ton of points (6,500,000 for getting perfect and 35,000,000 as the reward in place of the extra ball, if memory serves me correctly.) Also, once you memorize the pattern, it is easy to get a perfect score every time.

My Devices
    PC , PS3, Android
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgar View Post
    The purpose of this game in general is to be a gay motorcyclist douchebag that gets hit on by cops.
    Hmm..perhaps I have overlooked this table...

My Devices
    Asus TF300T - Cybertron Unleashed II PC
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The purpose of this game in general is to be a gay motorcyclist douchebag that gets hit on by cops.
    Could you please expound more on this theory? I don't know if your comment is offensive or not?

My Devices
    PC (Steam) Samsung s9 (android) PS3
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Theatre of magic video mode is one of my favourites, but that doesn't say much as at the same time I don't think there is much between my most favourite and least favourite video mode if you know what I mean.

My Devices
    Playstation 3, iOS, Playstation 4
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaFrank View Post
    Could you please expound more on this theory? I don't know if your comment is offensive or not?
    "How's about a ticket . . . to the policeman's ball." -If this isn't a gay cop hitting on you, I don't know what it is
    The douchebag part is the hitting pedestrians part.

Okay, I guess being hit on by cops doesn't imply that you are gay. But it means the cop THINKS you are gay

My Devices
    Asus TF300T - Cybertron Unleashed II PC
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Gorgar. I just believe everyone is created equal and I am not very tolerant of bias towards any person no matter who they are.

Now back on subject. I hate all video modes except T2; the reason being is that's the only one I've completed consistently. I have had a couple extra balls on TOM. I think the most saucers I've ever hit in AFM were 9. I can't see me ever hitting all those saucers to complete the mode.

I still have a lot of fun trying.

My Devices
    iOS, Xbox 360, Steam
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrainoBraino View Post
    Hmm..perhaps I have overlooked this table...
    So it doesn't suck but was , perhaps just overlooked? Nope, it still sucks!

netizen
    The purpose of this game in general is to be a gay motorcyclist douchebag
    Was that a South park reference?

My Devices
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Gorgar. I just believe everyone is created equal and I am not very tolerant of bias towards any person no matter who they are.

Now back on subject. I hate all video modes except T2; the reason being is that's the only one I've completed consistently. I have had a couple extra balls on TOM. I think the most saucers I've ever hit in AFM were 9. I can't see me ever hitting all those saucers to complete the mode.

I still have a lot of fun trying.
    The AFM video mode isn't as hard as it seems. the key is to only move to the corner instead of sweeping all the way back and forth. No bullets should strike the side of the DMD. as long as you keep the sweeping back and forth in that range, you should be able to make it if you use your smart bomb.

I agree CBW's both are horrible, though. one is all luck, and the other has a lot of it, and you have to play them a lot. shuttle simulation is hard for me, and was the standard goal that had me stuck for a while.

A lot of video modes that are in games that are not in TPA are easy. Getaway is one (and it probably will make it into TPA), and dr. who is another one (this one might be harder to arrange).

My Devices
    ipad 2, PowerMac, iPhone 6 and a vacuum cleaner
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1
    Almost all our neighbors here in Amsterdam are gay and some are close friends of us, no need to use gays as a subject to ridicule.
    666F Oven temperature for roast Beast.

My Devices
    PS3
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The main problem with the HD video mode is that it pops up too often. So boring the 15th time in a row. :/ And yes, kill pedestrians (who walk on the highway?) is kind of... weird (moreover on a pinball table dedicated to bikers).

The video mode I like the most is on CFTBL. Great music, great sound FX, great graphics. Pam Pam Pam Pam Pam, OUgh, Ough!

My Devices
    XBOX360, iPhone4, PC, Samsung Galaxy SIII, Asus Nexus 7, Samsung Note 2
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrainoBraino View Post
    Agreed, this is why the HD video mode sucks, I have to play it waaaay too often. All video modes pretty much suck tho...

The CBW wizard video mode where you catch the balls seems too fast in TPA. I recall it being much easier on the real machine. Anyone else agree?
    It's a lot easier in real life. I think it is slower. Maybe an operator setting?

I love the video in the Getaway. Simply shift up 5 times when video mode is flashing and avoid the cars. Still haven't figured out how to get the extra ball though as it always seems to fly by on the opposite lane.
    I used to use Windows Vista, then I took an Aero in the knee

XBL -> SilverballNut

Check out my latest PinVlog - Big Shot Commentary and Strategy

Older videos can be found here:
    High Speed Impression and Commentary

My Devices
    iOS, Xbox 360, Steam
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by superballs View Post
    It's a lot easier in real life. I think it is slower. Maybe an operator setting?

I love the video in the Getaway. Simply shift up 5 times when video mode is flashing and avoid the cars. Still haven't figured out how to get the extra ball though as it always seems to fly by on the opposite lane.
    Most of them have a pattern. however it sucks to try and learn and remember any of them unless you stick to one table that has it exclusively.

Banned
    My Devices
    PS3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolchak357 View Post
    Agreed. This is my only complaint about the table.

My Devices
    PC, X360, & Android
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one that seems the hardest for me is the Circus Slide Show from CV when I'm trying to get a kangaroo, thats riding a bicycle, to avoid oncoming objects. In the end, I always crash
    "If balls were meant to fly, they'd have wings!"
    -Buzz the Gofer, No Good Gofers (Williams, 1997)

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/PC_Wizard/

My Devices
    PC, Android, WiiU
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I gave up on the HD video mode. I just crash at the first opportunity and avoid the first couple of pedestrians.
    CV is pretty bad, and there's no great reward and the points are pretty lame.
    Kudos to Black Rose for having three fun video modes, even if they're kinda difficult and overused.
    ToM maybe be extremely meta especially in a video pinball game, but it's an easy XB so who cares, right?
    I have to agree with the previous poster though that the CftBL video mode is the best.

My Devices
    iOS, Xbox 360, Steam
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EldarOfSuburbia View Post
    I gave up on the HD video mode. I just crash at the first opportunity and avoid the first couple of pedestrians.
    CV is pretty bad, and there's no great reward and the points are pretty lame.
    Kudos to Black Rose for having three fun video modes, even if they're kinda difficult and overused.
    ToM maybe be extremely meta especially in a video pinball game, but it's an easy XB so who cares, right?
    I have to agree with the previous poster though that the CftBL video mode is the best.
    You do realize that the point of HD video mode is not to avoid pedestrians, right? The game rewards points for committing vehicular homicide.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast