Fast Cast does not seem to work for me

Kadett785

Nov 23, 2013
So..after having played a while on the table, the FAST CAST skill shot does not seem to work after launching the ball. When I catch the ball with the left flipper and launch it directly into the Caster's Club target I just get a regular ball lock. On the real table I believe you can catch the ball first with the left flipper and then fire it into the Caster's Club target for the skill shot award. Is the Fast Cast working for anyone?

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Luck here as well. Hit it on the fly. But I've only done it the once. Seems like an almost impossible shot. If I try and catch the ball I think it usually dumps it in the outlane. So maybe some tweaking needs to be done there.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I find if you try to do an almost live catch by flipping right before impact to kind of deaden the momentum it will jump over the sling and drop down the outlane.

I also find that holding the flipper up and giving a nice sharp nudge toward the right right as the ball is about to hit the flipper helps a lot.

Kadett785

Nov 23, 2013
I find if you try to do an almost live catch by flipping right before impact to kind of deaden the momentum it will jump over the sling and drop down the outlane.

I also find that holding the flipper up and giving a nice sharp nudge toward the right right as the ball is about to hit the flipper helps a lot.

You can nudge forwards just as the ball hits the flipper. This seems to deaden the speed and stop the ball sailing through the outlane. But as per my previous comments, it appears that you cannot catch the ball and fire it in for the Fast Cast. On the real table, this skill shot is not as hard as it is on TPA.

N

netizen

I got the fast cast by letting the ball dead bounce over to the right and then back handing it in.

Kadett785

Nov 23, 2013
I got the fast cast by letting the ball dead bounce over to the right and then back handing it in.

Hmm, yeah I actually tried this method too, but all that happens is that the ball goes into a regular lock. I'm playing on the PC and it seems like the timer for this shot is off.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
the fast cast timer is very tight.

You are intended to have to reflex the shot.

If trapping the ball and then shooting it doesn't work, it's functioning as designed.

That's why it's called Fast Cast.

Real table is the same.

Kadett785

Nov 23, 2013
the fast cast timer is very tight.

You are intended to have to reflex the shot.

If trapping the ball and then shooting it doesn't work, it's functioning as designed.

That's why it's called Fast Cast.

Real table is the same.

Interesting how the same game differs from table to table :) On the Fish Tales, I used to play you could live catch the ball and then shoot it into the target as an properly aimed shot.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
There is no adjustment for the difficulty of the fast cast, so whether or not this trick is possible is dependent on how fast the machien plays and how rapidly you can get the ball under control.

But as i said, the intent it for it to be awarded from an orbit to lock combo if the ball was not trapped.

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012

Ironically I still haven't been able to make the shot on the Steam version. On the Android version this afternoon I tried it and the shot seems different than the Steam one to me. While I still can't hit it with a timed shot like I can do IRL, I had it bounce off the left flipper and ricochet back off the right sling onto the left flipper and was able to hit the fastcast.

N

netizen

Ironically I still haven't been able to make the shot on the Steam version. On the Android version this afternoon I tried it and the shot seems different than the Steam one to me. While I still can't hit it with a timed shot like I can do IRL, I had it bounce off the left flipper and ricochet back off the right sling onto the left flipper and was able to hit the fastcast.

That's how I did it on the Steam version. On the 'droid version I had to make a banked shot off the right Fish stand up targets. When I had posted that the 'droid version wasn't available yet :D

Either way it got the job done.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012

You just helped me get the hardest standard goal in the game. Thank you!

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
Heh... Thanks for the pointers guys. I just got the fastcast with the left flipper up right nudge shot. Then on the next ball I got it off the bounce off the left flipper backhand shot on the right flipper. I just hope that someday i can hit that shot right off the left flipper like I'm used to on the real thing.

Kaoru

Mar 29, 2012
Hm, it doesn't seem to work for me, but perhaps I'm doing it wrong? Anybody here who wants to show it in a video? :)

(But anyway, I've been trying this for hours... and for some odd reason I had to think of Harlem Multiball all the time. I wonder why. ;) )

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
You just helped me get the hardest standard goal in the game. Thank you!

Glad to help.

Hm, it doesn't seem to work for me, but perhaps I'm doing it wrong? Anybody here who wants to show it in a video? :)

(But anyway, I've been trying this for hours... and for some odd reason I had to think of Harlem Multiball all the time. I wonder why. ;) )

It's not 100%. Honestly just play the snot out of the table and you'll probably just end up getting it eventually. Roll of the dice like.

Kaoru

Mar 29, 2012
Seems like being a pinball wizard isn't enough then. One needs to be a bloody archmage. For a standard goal! Grrr.

Okay, if that's what I got to do then this is what I got to do. ;)

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
If you nudge the table to the left when the ball just passes the spinner, the ball will change it's trajectory slightly and you will hit the ball further out on the flipper and if timed correctly you can shoot the ball straight to lock.
But if you nudge too late the ball will drain down the middle.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.