Strategy guide to reach easily 3M points

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
Finally cleared that 3M-goal but one last thing before I sign off this table. Right to left flipper can easily be done with a central up-nudge when the ball is on the right flipper (if you do it before, it might not work). Probably the other way around but it's not that useful.

Bye bye, Genie!

Pod

Aug 10, 2012

I'm getting more and more annoyed with this table. I just don't seem to be improving at all. My best is 1.2M of which 850k was one ball.
Typically a good ball is about 250 and a great one is 250-850. But for each great/good ball there's probably 3 duffs that end up down an outline or the middle from a crazy fast bounce.
So frustrating when it rides up the inline and over to te out as well :(

I watched a ps3 vid showing the strategy and I've been following this guide but I did notice he nudges a lot more and you mentioned using soft nudges. Is that even possible on iOS (I'm on an iPhone 4).

Pod

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
I watched a ps3 vid showing the strategy and I've been following this guide but I did notice he nudges a lot more and you mentioned using soft nudges. Is that even possible on iOS (I'm on an iPhone 4).

Pod

It's the Sir Moovenstein video, I guess. > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2BpouGxnZ4

Yeah, I don't know why the table doesn't tilt with such strong nudges! From 6'40 to 7'00, he nudges strongly 11 times in a row, and no tilt. o_O'

Maybe the tilt is disabled for the purpose of the video (show how to reach 3 millions points). I doubt he can make a 6M score (his current best on the TPA leaderboards) by nudging like this!! :p

Is that even possible on iOS (I'm on an iPhone 4).

I think is a LOT harder on mobile device. On PS3, the controller stick is very useful to nudge softly, as I said. You can push it so little, that you nudge very softly, but it's enough to control more or less the ball.

I nudged strongly only if it was unavoidable (but with the constant ball trap, it was very rare).

Last edited:

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
It's the Sir Moovenstein video, I guess. > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2BpouGxnZ4

Yeah that's the one.

I've gotten a little better. I realized I was being a bit wild so I toned it down and I get slightly more good balls now.

Best go yet this morning. Got 1m on first ball (with extra balls) but finished on 1.46 after I tilted on the second ball (had saved an X drain and then immediately tried to shallow flip to trap the ball but it ended up rolling over the slingshot straight back to the X area! Nudged again and tilted and lost the ball anyway (and a 120k bonus). Last ball I lost when the 20% battery warning came up as I was trapping the ball and it was right on the tip of the flipper. Restarted and couldn't react quick enough to save it. Grr!!

Speaking of the second ball failure. What do you do after a X zone nudge. The ball is traveling too fast to trap straight away and any shot made with the left flipper is then going to be wild. Aim for the spinner? Or aim for the bonus hole area?

Pod

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
1.75 now. Tilted a 100k bonus so slightly better and that'd easily have been 2m

I think the things holding me back are inability to hit the bonus hole at all regularly and inability to pick up extra balls. That game I had just the one

How many did you have when you broke 3m? Do you prioritise them at all when they're lit?

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Speaking of the second ball failure. What do you do after a X zone nudge. The ball is traveling too fast to trap straight away and any shot made with the left flipper is then going to be wild. Aim for the spinner? Or aim for the bonus hole area?

Pod

Yep, good point. That's a particular case I forgot to include in the strategy.

If the ball comes to fast after an X save, the following shoots are kind of tricky:

- Miss the spinner shot (#1), and #1 and #2 shots can happen. :(

- You could try the bonus hole shot "on the fly" (#5), only if it's necessary (i.e. big amount of points to collect), because the #5 shot is not consistent, and could lead to dangerous situations.

So, sometimes on this situation, I make a slight "backflip shot" (hold the flipper button) as soon as the ball rolls on the flipper, as if I wanted to go to the mini-playfield with the left flipper.
With a good timing, it will induce a weak shot:

- that goes slowly to the left bumper and comes back slowly on your left flipper (easy trap). Sometimes the ball hits the bumper (or the upper portion of the left slingshot), and goes slowly to the right side of the table. By the way, always be ready to react if the left slingshot reacts.
- or a weak vertical shot, that let time to nudge and take control of the ball again.

With a bad timing (too early), you will perform a "post pass" (see here > http://papa.org/play/techniques/intermediate-flipper-techniques/#postpass ). It works too, but I find it not very safe compared to the backflip shot. The ball goes to the right flipper too, but post-passing on Genie... erf.

Test the two shots and see which one suits the best to you.

Last edited:

Paul Petrissans

Jan 4, 2013
That white target extra ball shot is so frustrating! I feel like I'm right on target and it bounces off the post most of the time. Doesn't seem very realistic not registering as a hit.

skippycue

Jul 16, 2013
Just thought I'd check out the Genie community since I've now successfully scored over 3 mil on the PS Vita, PS3, and PS4 versions of the game! :) I did this each time using the 5 ball version of the game simply to give myself more chances at earning extra balls. For me the scoring came mostly from the bonus hole so extra points on the bumpers was not significant. I think most of what you said is very good advice, but I do have a couple things to add.

First, on the left side of the table, it is almost always ok to go down the B slot. This tends to hit the left bank in that area when it drops down which pushes the ball out safely below the bumper. It is not 100%, but it's definitely around 90% success. So I would say if you have the ability to nudge the ball and you can't prevent it from falling down, D is of course the best option, but B is a close second. It is important though that when you let it go down B you DON'T nudge it at all unless you notice it is not popping out like it is supposed to. Nudging screws up the default momentum that normally pushes the ball out of there.

Second, I actually think it's better to light up the special (the four red targets at the top) instead of the extra ball (the three white targets at the top). There is a very safe way to grab the special with much less risk than trying to hit the white extra ball target. I found that going for the white target is an unfortunately aggressive shot and often bounces straight back down the center. You can hit the special with a quick backhand shot from the right flipper, and if you miss, the ball drops nicely onto the upper left flipper to be caught and then dropped back down to the lower right flipper. Here is a video demonstrating this technique:

Last edited:

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Just thought I'd check out the Genie community since I've now successfully scored over 3 mil on the PS Vita, PS3, and PS4 versions of the game! :) I did this each time using the 5 ball version of the game simply to give myself more chances at earning extra balls. For me the scoring came mostly from the bonus hole so extra points on the bumpers was not significant. I think most of what you said is very good advice, but I do have a couple things to add.

Wow, nice video and advices. I add them to the OP.

For the 5 balls, it's a matter of taste. I just find it scores way quicker with the 3-ball setting. And as you have to earn an extra ball during each ball (in the better case), play with 3 or 5 balls don't change very much the strategy.

For the left side of the table, it's a matter of nudging skill confidence. For my part, as soon as the ball goes through A or B, I just nudge as hell to make it go under the bumper. Let it down to the outlane/inlane is way too much risky.
But you're right though, a bad nudge timing before the 3000K rollover can cancel the ball momentum, and send it right to this doomed outlane.

For the special, your technique requires some kind of patience, but could be very useful when you need to be very cautious (close to the 3 millions points and last ball for example ^^).

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.