Bug Partial ramp left shot triggers Highwire ball lock without actually locking ball

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Partial left ramp shot triggers Highwire ball lock without actually locking ball

Version: PS4 download, 1.00

With the ball lock active, shoot the ball partway up the left ramp. If the ball only makes it about 2/3rds of the way up before falling back down, the table acts as though it has locked the ball, complete with DMD animations saying that a ball has been locked.

Because the ball has not actually been locked, this can lead to various problems related to Highwire multiball.

For instance, a minor one was that my third ball registered as locked without actually locking, due to going only part way up the ramp as described above. The table thought three balls were locked, so it started playing the Highwire multiball DMD cinematic. I then fired the ball all the way up the left ramp, re-triggering Highwire multiball: the start cinematic interrupted, then played again twice from the beginning, then the multiball started normally.

EDIT: Ugh, of course I transposed "ramp" and "left" in the title and of course thread titles can't be edited by non-admins for some silly reason that wants to make me look extra-dumb. : P

Last edited:
N

netizen

EDIT: Ugh, of course I transposed "ramp" and "left" in the title and of course thread titles can't be edited by non-admins for some silly reason that wants to make me look extra-dumb. : P

Press edit, then choose go advanced just under text form, the screen will change to offer more options, you should be able to edit the thread title at the top

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Press edit, then choose go advanced just under text form, the screen will change to offer more options, you should be able to edit the thread title at the top

Ah yeah only it doesn't actually update in the forum's topic list view. ; )

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.