New T2 tutorial from Bowen : ) (Jan 1st 2014)

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
So he says to hold the second ball during the super jackpot shot. I've always taken a different tactic on both my real T2 and TPA, which is to start shooting for the skull again as soon as the first ball pops towards the cannon. You have several seconds while the gun is rotating to load up the second ball for another super shot, or at least nail the drop target to get halfway there. This seems easier to me than waiting until both balls are back in play to start shooting at the skull again. The SJ shot itself is easy enough (especially on TPA) that I've never had problems timing it with another ball still in play. This is how you string together long chains (10+) of super jackpots - although you probably won't need 500M in a real-machine tournament, you do need that kind of scoring to climb the TPA leaderboard.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
no, on 95% of properly functioning T2 games, the timing for hitting the super is the same, and it's EXACTLY as shown in that tutorial.

Press trigger while cannon is on the way up the instant the second from the bottom light lights. it will strike that lit target for super jackpot, exactly as shown in that video.

That method is reliable enough that i can make the shot first try on a T2 machine i've never played before without walking to the side, provided its near factory slope. If the slope is jacked up, like it is in PAPA finals, it might fail.

Ask anyone who has played more than a couple working t2 machines on location who knows how to actually hit the super jackpot, and they will tell you the same thing.

There may be other methods for making it, but this one is the easiest way by far, and really does work on most T2 machines on location.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Yes, that's the way to do it. There is a short grace period (about a quarter second) on the strobing light. So if you fire just at that instant when it changes from the bottom to the next, you'll get credit for hitting either target.

I'm curious as to how the slope matters? Seems it would hardly affect the cannon shot in the quarter-second it takes for the ball to reach the targets.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
well, the timing seemed different on the papa finals machine in the other video. and i'm pretty sure the jacked up slope was the reason.

Feb 19, 2014
Great Tutorial as always.

I focus on the Super Jackpots strategy and the Chase Loops Strategy.

If I can get in a groove and start knocking down super jackpots, it's very satisfying, but my main score usually comes from chase loops actually...

Because in the pinball arcade version it's very easy to hit a chase loop, hold up the left flipper, and chase loop again over and over. It's a combination of not only the 5 million per shot, but also the million plus. When you start getting million plus racked up then things get interesting. Suddenly 5 million plus 5 makes it a 10 million shot. Then an 11 million shot. 12 million. 13 million, and so on.

If you can really keep this going then you can get 20 million + PER SHOT (!!) which is insane.

Mathmatically, 10 consecutive shots to the chase loop roughly = two super jackpots, 95 million.

This is how I'm getting over a billion on the table. On a real table, this probably wouldn't work because the feed from the left loop wouldn't be programmed to be near perfect, making this strategy not so good. Also when I'm playing this, I still play multiball when I get "bored" of shooting chase loops, and even payback time, basically I take advantage of everything the table offers, but the focus is always chase loop.

It's working great so far and I am nearing 2 Billion with only 30 minutes or so of gameplay.

Last edited:

Mark Miwurdz

Apr 7, 2012
What scores are you getting with this strategy? I'm currently rocking 90m new ball direct hits every few minutes and all the stuff inbetween. Well safe strategy aswell.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.