First Impressions

Eegah

May 12, 2013
Random: I stopped by the Pacific Pinball Museum again and played a few games of Black Rose now that I know how the table works. Thoughts and comparisons:

• The cannon and the plastic disc it's set on really mess with the ball trajectory around that area, ranging from little deflections to the ball just straight up following the seam around the disc for a quarter-circle. Table seams are really something TPA doesn't model at all which reduces a good bit of randomness to a table IMO.
  • Whirlpool seemed easier to hit in real life, although I didn't get an EB out of it.
  • Broadside was a much harder shot -- the flippers weren't quite as strong as in TPA (as is usually the case) and the hole seemed to reject the ball pretty often anyway. Only hit it once in Lord knows how many times.
  • Rather annoying lag when firing the cannon which really screwed with my shots.
  • Hitting the skill shot, letting it drain and using the ball saver to full-plunge to load the cannon totally works. I love it when what I'd assume to be a TPA quirk mirrors the real table.
  • Walk the Plank? No chance in hell. I didn't come close.
Overall I think I like TPA's implementation better than the real thing. Didn't bring my camera this time; I'll try to get some shots next time, although the table doesn't exactly have any toys to speak of.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
the broadside shot isn't supposed to be that nasty.

and those deflections arond the cannon plastic means the cannon is not properly aligned. that said, properly aligning one is difficult, so many on location will do that somewhat.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
This game is soooo freaking unbalanced...and it's freaking hilarious XD

Unbalanced? Yeah you can say that with the ease of getting extra balls. That said this will be my favorite when I pick it up. I'm still debating whether to wait for the PS3 version or get it on steam. As it is I feel the tables on the PC play much better than the PS3. I might just stick with Season 3 on the PC and Might get the PS4 sometime down the road but I'm hearing mixed reviews on it.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.