Update changed everything to worse!

Aleksandar

Jun 2, 2013
I'm totally angry, I love Fish Tales and yes the first versionwas tough but since the update it is unplayable! What was the update for anyway, there is still the same bug with the initials, hitting the captive ball is still only a matter of luck and the monster fish shot got is much harder now! In the previous version you could let the ball role over the left flipper to the right and then easily get the shot, now nothing works, only luck...it's annoying! Is it possible to get the old version back? On the old one I managed the wizzard goal 50 millions a few times, now it's no chance! Why did they make a hard table eaven worse?!!!?

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
What update are you referring to? What device are you on and what version did the game update to?

N

netizen

Since the retail release there has been no update pushed for any Android table. During the entire beta process FT has just received a single update to alter a plunge camera angle.

However, if you took some time off from playing it will seem much harder, or if other tables were played the lightning flippers may feel off for a while :/

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Let's not start another Farsight conspiracy... "algorithmic level of difficulty" was bad enough.

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
Personally I'm sorta not looking forward to an FT update (on iOS) as I assume they'll fix the thing where THE random award thing gives you an EB first time. But deep inside I know it's what they gotta do

Aleksandar

Jun 2, 2013
Hey sorry I'm not sure which version it is, it was before the Black Rose one, I could update the app in the Google play and then afterwards I downloaded a newer version of the table, and the thing is the monster fish shot tactic doesn't work any more as I described...does anyone have a good tactic for it, or do you all just try it directly from the right flipper? I mean before this I coyld get a lot of monster shots in one game right when the counter started, the wizzard goal was no problem, but now no chance man...

Aleksandar

Jun 2, 2013
Even worse is the thing with initials...I mean why do they even release a table with such a obvious bug?!? Thanx for you replies anyway guys

Kaoru

Mar 29, 2012
And with it a lot of other problems. When a ball drains the table doesn't wait for a music to finish anymore until it finally moves on to counting the bonus and the kickout next to LIE has been fixed. Other issues like the random award that always spits out an extra ball the first time you collect it and the reluctant multiball lock remain however.

But anyway, it appears to be playing much slicker now. Even the shots don't go all over the place anymore. If I aim for something I can actually even hit it now!

Time to give this table a second chance/another look...

Aleksandar

Jun 2, 2013
I wouldn't say watered down, more like balanced out! Now you can actually develop strategies for shots for example...man I love Fish Tales!

Kaoru

Mar 29, 2012
Exactly. Note all those "I've been playing this table for so long now and I still don't improve!"- and "I got my best score when I was just flipping around randomly."-posts. Until now there was something about the flippers that felt very inaccurate. It was like the ball was still rolling a bit further until it shot up, making you rather reliably miss what you were aiming for. That's why my "Let's just toy around for a bit!"-plays had consistently better scores than the ones in which I actively went for achieving a goal or something.

So I wouldn't say that they made this game easier, or that it was too hard before the update. Until now the game felt to me like a collection of shots that randomly went somewhere (or nowhere) and ball control was near impossible. It wasn't "too hard", it was just a luck fest.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Exactly. Note all those "I've been playing this table for so long now and I still don't improve!"- and "I got my best score when I was just flipping around randomly."-posts. Until now there was something about the flippers that felt very inaccurate. It was like the ball was still rolling a bit further until it shot up, making you rather reliably miss what you were aiming for. That's why my "Let's just toy around for a bit!"-plays had consistently better scores than the ones in which I actively went for achieving a goal or something.

So I wouldn't say that they made this game easier, or that it was too hard before the update. Until now the game felt to me like a collection of shots that randomly went somewhere (or nowhere) and ball control was near impossible. It wasn't "too hard", it was just a luck fest.

The table controlled just fine for me from the day of release. Which platform are you playing on?

Outrun

Nov 12, 2013
I am playing on Android tablet. Recently, I had to download an updated version of FT before it would let me play it again. The update changed the shooter camera angle. Some of the flow feels different and I still can't hit the fast cast no matter what I do.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I am playing on Android tablet. Recently, I had to download an updated version of FT before it would let me play it again. The update changed the shooter camera angle. Some of the flow feels different and I still can't hit the fast cast no matter what I do.

From plunge - to get fast cast. (I'm on Android also)
yte3a9er.jpg

As the ball comes around the orbit loop, as it passes the reel (where I've drawn a line across the sketched path) nudge left a little and use left flipper as the ball contacts the L flipper.
With a bit of practice this works, I can hit fastcast with about 50% of shots. You have to practice how hard the nudge is required.
This is using a Bluetooth controller with the tablet, as it gives you analogue nudging (much better control).

You can also just about in the time, allow a bounce pass trap on right flipper, and shoot from right into the lock, but the time is tight and more often you won't get the fast cast in time.
vy9uvevu.jpg

Re - camera angle for plunge. (you probably got this - but just checking) You can change plunge angle view via the top left button. There are 3 presets for plunging, and 4 separate camera presets for in game play.

Good luck!

Outrun

Nov 12, 2013
Thanks for the tips. I did try the dead flip right flipper trap before posting,but not your first suggestion. I'll give that a go.

From plunge - to get fast cast. (I'm on Android also)
yte3a9er.jpg

As the ball comes around the orbit loop, as it passes the reel (where I've drawn a line across the sketched path) nudge left a little and use left flipper as the ball contacts the L flipper.
With a bit of practice this works, I can hit fastcast with about 50% of shots. You have to practice how hard the nudge is required.
This is using a Bluetooth controller with the tablet, as it gives you analogue nudging (much better control).

You can also just about in the time, allow a bounce pass trap on right flipper, and shoot from right into the lock, but the time is tight and more often you won't get the fast cast in time.
vy9uvevu.jpg

Re - camera angle for plunge. (you probably got this - but just checking) You can change plunge angle view via the top left button. There are 3 presets for plunging, and 4 separate camera presets for in game play.

Good luck!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.