Bug Replay and Special problems

curtisrollo

Jun 9, 2013
Hey, I've been playing the Black Rose table and I love it. I just have two things that I suspect are bugs.

First is the Replay. I've been able to get it (30 Mil), and then I see the Replay graphics. But unlike the other games, it's not giving me an extra ball for the game.

Second is the Special. I've been able to light the special after downing two ships. But once I shoot into the special lane, I get a graphic telling me "Special 0" And I score 0 points.

Is this right? Anyone else getting these problems?

I'm playing on the PC through Steam.

curtisrollo

Axlsgolden

Dec 2, 2013
As far as I know, they changed the Extra Ball for points to "Special". But that is not regularly working for me. Sometimes I did not get the EB after hitting the pirates cove after sinking 2 ships. But I´m alienated if this is really a bug.

Axlsgolden

Dec 2, 2013
Yes, I had exactly the same as you. That is definetely a bug. After sinking two ships the game shows:"Special". In this case the special lit in the pirates cove. I hit it and "Special 0" came and gave me no Extra Ball.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Replays and Specials have not awarded extra balls since Table Pack # 14. This is deliberately done to make the games more challenging.

Specials on tables after Table Pack # 14 sometimes award nothing, or sometimes awards points. It depends on what the operator's menu setting was in FarSight's physical machine.

I believe the "Special 0" thing on Black Rose is a known issue. At any rate, it's been reported in the bug thread.

Kaoru

Mar 29, 2012
Yeah, I noticed that too. Sometimes I'd get an extra ball... sometimes not. It's weird.

But anyway @specials not rewarding an extra ball anymore: I get the thinking behind this and it probably isn't even a bad thing. However, now I really don't see the point in going after these anymore. Well, not more than once that is, if it happens to be a wizard goal. But apart from that it lost its (noticeable) impact on the gameplay.

Eegah

May 12, 2013
Replays and Specials have not awarded extra balls since Table Pack # 14. This is deliberately done to make the games more challenging.

Specials on tables after Table Pack # 14 sometimes award nothing, or sometimes awards points. It depends on what the operator's menu setting was in FarSight's physical machine.

I believe the "Special 0" thing on Black Rose is a known issue. At any rate, it's been reported in the bug thread.

Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. I'm pretty sure T2 and Cue Ball Wizard cough up EBs after hitting the replay. FarSight is pretty good about documenting how it works in the instructions, though.

Axlsgolden

Dec 2, 2013
ok I see, thx for info,but then description must be changed. It is confusing, because it says that the special give you an EB. So probably my posting in the bugs forum must be deleted. But I let it there for a while. I was confused alittle bit if it is a bug or not.

Description must say, that you have a chance to get an EB by special.

Last edited:

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
i think this may have to do with extra ball stacking limits. the game may simply refuse to let you stack more than one.

Axlsgolden

Dec 2, 2013
i think this may have to do with extra ball stacking limits. the game may simply refuse to let you stack more than one.

That could be the case sometimes, but as I was trying to reproduce this behaviour, I was concentrating only on the sinking of two ships. I don`t know, if I had random EBs from Videomode but I was preventing EB by hitting the whirlpool to reproduce the situation as correct as possible. If there is only a chance to get an EB in special mode and it is not a bug, then "special:0" on DMD seems to be strange anyway. This matter occurs everytime I hit the special and get no EB.

It is not a big problem. But as a non pro-player I was eager to get some EBs to score a decent result. I think they made it a little bit tougher because of balancing, which is very important for a pinball machine.

And, as I said, I was confused and a bit "alienated" if it is a real bug.

Last edited:

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
2 ships sunk / special / no EB awarded at pirates cove - is a bug.
It lights both pirates cove, and the right orbit loop, but... Only the right orbit loop awards the EB and scores the goal.
This is the case with Android anyway.

Axlsgolden

Dec 2, 2013
2 ships sunk / special / no EB awarded at pirates cove - is a bug.
It lights both pirates cove, and the right orbit loop, but... Only the right orbit loop awards the EB and scores the goal.
This is the case with Android anyway.

Ok, thx for your info...so it was ok to report this issue in the bug-forum.

Axlsgolden

Dec 2, 2013
the right orbit loop is the same: Special:0....and it is possible to stack EB`s. I had one by Polly and with the same ball one from 5xwhirlpool. It is rare but I had it at the same time.

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
According to the PC docs, the "Special" scores 10M+Jackpot Value. Yet I always see "0". Replay doesn't do anything, although I wasn't aware of the Replay/Special not giving an EB. However since I bought S1 & S2 all at once, I don't really know the order the tables were released in so I can't say for sure if it's something I've noticed with certain tables and not for others.

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012

You sure about that? I just got an extra ball from a replay in TCP which was pack 15.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.