The Stanley Parable

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
So, has anyone else played this besides me?

"The Stanley Parable is an exploration of story, games, and choice. Except the story doesn't matter, it might not even be a game, and if you ever actually do have a choice, well let me know how you did it."

Personally I think it's very well-done. The jokes are extremely witty, the narrator is awesome, the world is huge... The only bad thing is the fact that it's far too short on content. You could finish the entire game in an hour. But in what other game can you enter Portal and Minecraft without exiting?

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
There's a Broom Closet Ending? I stood there for a long time, left, walked back in and left again. Is there an ending? Should I have walked back in again?

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
You're not supposed to leave. And it also isn't really an ending, the next time the game is started, you'll see it boarded up.

Buzz1126

Dec 27, 2013
I played a game on my Commodore 64, also called Portal, but it predates the the new Portal. My Portal was like reding a novel, no dazzling images or battles. You played as a astronaut traveling forward in time, and trying to find out what happened to the human race.

N

netizen

The only parable I know about Stanley is ...

The focus of all branches of Eggnogsticism is the belief in Stanley, an omnipotent volume of eggnog. Stanley’s volume and appearance differ for each sect; some believe He is only one single gallon of eggnog, while others believe Stanley to be divided into a trinity: milk, eggs, and nog.

Eggnogstics believe that, as the supreme eggnog, Stanley came to earth to save humanity from its sins, thereby fulfilling the prophecies of the Jewish Old Testament. Allegedly, those who drink Stanley will know salvation and be forever saved. They will also be quite pleased with the taste, and they’ll be happy to know that Stanley contains 0 grams of trans fat (as mentioned in the book of Nutrition Facts). Controversies in Eggnogsticism arose when 14th-century Eggnogstic Horace Red asked himself a question: If Stanley is the supreme eggnog, what created Stanley? The church divided itself into two branches on this issue: those who held the traditional belief that Stanley is the highest power in the universe (calling themselves “Formalists”) and those who believed that Stanley must have been created by something else (calling themselves “Physicists”).

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
How to do a thing that happens quite often in games, but do it in a totally "Stanley" way

Also, remember one of the achievements is not to play the game for 5 years. I did that one the easy way, but if you played it 5 years ago and start the game its possible to get it legitimately now.

Only one I didn't do was play the game for an entire Tuesday.

francisbaud

May 14, 2020
I just checked this video of the game (gameplay with no commentary) and overall it seems like a fun game. I wonder how long it would take to try all the possibilities.

suffocater

Apr 4, 2015
I'm still chasing the "don't play for 5 years" achievement. I think I accidently installed it, what seemd to count as "played" and now I have to wait, I think, another four years.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.