when will we see cabinet options?

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
I got backglass rendering working. It was way more complicated than I had hoped. The next major issue is handling the playfield rendering. If you render at a camera angle similar to the persons eye position, the back of the table is smaller than the front cause of perspective. In Virtual Pinball they have a way to fix "keystone effect", which I need to implement something similar.

Hi Mike - I know you posted this some time ago, and I don't know if I missed any subsequent posts from you on this subject, but out of interest did you ever implement a 'keystone effect' fix for the cabinet view?

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Hi Mike - I know you posted this some time ago, and I don't know if I missed any subsequent posts from you on this subject, but out of interest did you ever implement a 'keystone effect' fix for the cabinet view?

Yes, that's working. I need someone to spend some time setting up all the "cameras" so the table is in view. Need to do some tweeking on nudge support (using accelerometer). Other than that there are a few things that just need polish.

frodus

Jan 18, 2015
Can you make it easier to set up joystick as an input? The VirtuaPin plunger has an accelerometer for nudge which can't really be set up in TPA, and the plunger won't ever register. The buttons work flawlessly, but any axis as an input doesn't work at all for me because I can't set it up.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Yes, that's working. I need someone to spend some time setting up all the "cameras" so the table is in view. Need to do some tweeking on nudge support (using accelerometer). Other than that there are a few things that just need polish.

Love what you're saying. Great times lie ahead of us!
Now please don't let us wait another 12 months.
And if you need some beta feedback or testing with different cab solutions please do really consider the offer. I don't say this (solely) to get early access or sth.
I think steam has a good way to handle beta access...

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012

Thanks for the info. If the cameras could be configured in an ini we could do that for you :)

mpad

Jan 26, 2014

if you need some inspiration about proper accelerometer nudging:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpOYuaZ78tE

yes, NOT like current TPA nudging where the ball flies around the table ;P

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=28313&p=274729

on mjr's page under custom VP bilds you can find the source.
http://developer.mbed.org/users/mjr/code/Pinscape_Controller/wiki/Homepage

Spitfire

Apr 6, 2013
Hi all I received this from PA Facebook department on April 14 after I asked this question,

"Hi any updates on Cabinet Support for this great game? Thx Joe"

"Not at the moment, we're still working on it in spare time."

Doesn't give me much confidence that it's just round the corner however it is still coming it seems so something to cling to I guess.

L33

Aug 20, 2014
Im guess if Farsight release a cab of any kind it would have to be in addition to pretty much the way the fans have been asking for it to be...otherwise Farsight risk losing a lot of potential customers. Although what confuses me is a recent 'conversation' with Farsight in which, unless Im completely mistaken, seemed to be a denial that they ever had a virtuapin cabinet at all. I was told they had one, and Id also heard it mentioned on here, but the response I got seemed to indicate otherwise. Whilst I cant really go into the conversation as such, it did confuse me somewhat...

I really want to make myself a cabinet, and if its only to be used as a TPA cabinet it would make sense to have the TPA logo, as I seem to remember there was a picture of one on here somewhere...and if I ordered it from Virtuapin and VP did the logo (which Im only guessing they did) then VP could build my cab, with logo attached, and Id be a very happy customer. But unless Ive really misunderstood the response, seems like VP never built them a cab, theyd never heard of such a thing or have plans to do so...

All I want is to do is spend my money on a ready built cab with the TPA logo...but no body wants to take my money!! :) It's an odd world we live in :)

karl

May 10, 2012
That is very strange, indeed! There is no doubt that Farsight owns a cabinet. They have had one for more than a year now. It was made for them by virtuapin(as you suggested). Same company that I bought my cab from. Virtuapin does custom art so if you would like a Farsight logo on it I am sure he will help you out with that.

Farsight has taken their cabinet to many game-shows/festivals and there are videos online to prove it. If they didn't suddenly sell their cabinet, that is, but that is highly doubtful.

Last edited:

L33

Aug 20, 2014
We have a Virtua Pin cabinet here. It's 6 feet from me in my office.

See that's what I thought...not sure why I've been led to believe otherwise. Be nice to have the TPA logo on a virtuapin cab but having been told that's not possible I'm now having to design my own. I'd have thought companies would jump at the chance of having their logos on a cab as its free advertising when friends and family come round etc.

L33

Aug 20, 2014
Planning ahead...does anyone know what sort of pc would be required for a cab setup? I see two options for a cab...the main play field with a monitor for the back glass and moveable dmd within this monitor which I would assume is a 2 monitor setup, or the main play field, a monitor and real dmd unit, which is 3 a 3 piece setup. But does that mean 2 or even 3 hdmis are needed for all the monitors etc, or do they not connect up like that.

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
Planning ahead...does anyone know what sort of pc would be required for a cab setup? I see two options for a cab...the main play field with a monitor for the back glass and moveable dmd within this monitor which I would assume is a 2 monitor setup, or the main play field, a monitor and real dmd unit, which is 3 a 3 piece setup. But does that mean 2 or even 3 hdmis are needed for all the monitors etc, or do they not connect up like that.

I believe the DMD attaches to PinDMD board which then uses a USB connection to the PC.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts