when will we see cabinet options?

Loadedweapon

Oct 26, 2013
Ok just curious as some kinda timeframe as to when we might see some pin cab options.. screen orientation settings backglass and movable dmd? Thanks :)

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
I've been working on cabinet stuff in between table releases. Many of the issues are quite complex (like rendering on 2 screens...just mostly solved that). I can't give a time frame cause I'm not sure how much longer everything will take.

Loadedweapon

Oct 26, 2013
Ok well nice to know that you are at least working on it.. :) keep us up to date on progress please.. Thanks I look forward to buying this all when I can use it in my cab.. I have it on the tablet but its just not the same..

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Good to hear there is progress on two screen support. I would also love to hear the odd snippet of info on what is being worked on. Mike do you think at some point a feature to allow a user customised camera angle to be locked per table, or it that something technically difficult to implement? This would make a lot of portrait players very happy, as everyone has their own preference on the camera angle.

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
That you even bother to take the time to respond to our questions is simply amazing to me, and it is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for all that you do. Best development team around. Please don't let EA lure you away with their empty promises. :)

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
I've been working on cabinet stuff in between table releases. Many of the issues are quite complex (like rendering on 2 screens...just mostly solved that). I can't give a time frame cause I'm not sure how much longer everything will take.

You mean rendering on 3 screens right....RIGHT!!???

Loadedweapon

Oct 26, 2013
no its kinda pointless and a waste of money.. I use the 3rd screen for videos logos and other things and I play other things on my cab..
Not that a real dmd dont look good its just not practical for a digital cab..

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
no its kinda pointless and a waste of money.. I use the 3rd screen for videos logos and other things and I play other things on my cab..
Not that a real dmd dont look good its just not practical for a digital cab..

Yeah. BUT it just looks great.
And if things like XDMD evolve a little you can play your logos and even video files on a real dmd.

And its obvious they are using original roms (you can tell from the crappy .... uhm... authentic sound output), so implementig real DMD sounds feasible.

I think to actually render on multiple screens is more difficult. But we'll see.

I'm waitig for a proper fixed camera angle for cabinets. This shouldn' t be a problem at all and would be a great first sign.
It's already a lot of fun to play on the cab. But the view and moving cam just freaks me out.

Last edited:

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Yeah. BUT it just looks great.
And if things like XDMD evolve a little you can play your logos and even video files on a real dmd.

And its obvious they are using original roms (you can tell from the crappy .... uhm... authentic sound output), so implementig real DMD sounds feasible.

I think to actually render on multiple screens is more difficult. But we'll see.

I'm waitig for a proper fixed camera angle for cabinets. This shouldn' t be a problem at all and would be a great first sign.
It's already a lot of fun to play on the cab. But the view and moving cam just freaks me out.

View 3
Locked camera
Disable event cam

You're most of the way there at that point

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Yes. I also use Xpadder on my cabinet for now. The free one. Got everything working, regular plunger, button plunger, flippers and extra flipper buttons, I set those to be nudge for now. Works great until they set everything up. I really would like regular nudge to be implemented soon.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Hey you guys.
First: how to disable the event cam? Must have missed that one...

View 3 has been the best for me too, but the angle and perspective ist just not right. It feels uncanny and I instinctively try to move my head to get a propper view :p
And of course the playfield should fill the whole screen.
In my custom cab the screen is mounted like the glass in a normal cab at a slight angle, so the depth should come from the game.
I think something between view 3 and 4 would be good.
Individual sliders for backdrop etc. Would be the most awesome thing of course, because there are a lot of different cab builds out there (and people with different heights).

I also use the VP plunger and xpadder. But xpadder only emulates keyboard and mouse, so you loose the genuine analog input. So nudging and especially plunging are like hitting a key (and keeping it pressed to charge).
So to do real analog plunging I needed to use it in a combination with x360 ce to emulate the analog sticks, which is supported by tpa.
Real painfull and time comsuming that was....
Native support would really be awesome!!!

Maybe we could post our config files or something... would be interesred how you guys did it.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.