Current mobile tournament

Dylan_h

Mar 15, 2012
Didn't seem to be a thread for the mobile tournament this time around.
Does anyone else feel that two weeks is a bit long?

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Probably so. But I need some serious practice. Finished a 20 min game on scared stiff and didn't even crack the too 100! Plus is it just me or is cactus canyon unusually hard? I can't get stampede, shootout or extra balls in the tournament yet it isn't much of a problem in non tourney mode. Polly's peril doesn't seem to register most of my ramp shots either.

RagingBull888

Sep 11, 2013
Ironically enough, Cactus Canyon flowed pretty well for me. I managed to link up a regular multiball with a shootout multiball and went to town eventually racking up a ridiculous bonus. I also had my rank up to Marshall before my lone High Noon.

I don't have a problem with a two week tournament. I suppose the folks who put up high ranks quickly would like it shorter and those who have an off game on a table like them longer to catch up. I guess one issue thing with the mobile version is that participants are playing on a multitude of devices that have their pros and cons. I would guess people playing on regular Ipads have some sort of advantage against those playing on mobile phones just based on reaction time due to size of screen.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
I just think the tables are not right. What I mean is you have 4 tables that need setting up for scoring- BOPB, MM, ToM and CC (Maybe Scared Stiff here too, but it is more of a drain hazard than BOPB). And 4 relatively quick tables in SS, Scared Stiff, Flight200 and Black Rose. Should have only 2 tables that require setup and replace them with 2 other quicker tables such as Gorgar and Big Shot or similar.

Dylan_h

Mar 15, 2012
Probably so. But I need some serious practice. Finished a 20 min game on scared stiff and didn't even crack the too 100! Plus is it just me or is cactus canyon unusually hard? I can't get stampede, shootout or extra balls in the tournament yet it isn't much of a problem in non tourney mode. Polly's peril doesn't seem to register most of my ramp shots either.

CC seemed to play ok for me. But I have had a couple of ramps not register in other tables.

inspector42

May 27, 2012
Eh. Hard to get too motivated for a tournament when FarSight is still allowing false scores to propel people to first place. Especially after their support stops responding to emails after claiming it will be fixed.

But I do think 8 tables is too much, and 2 weeks is too long. I'd really prefer a true timed tournament. 20 minutes total. After that score is posted you don't get another. That would be a better test of skill.

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
The thing I enjoy most about the tournament is playing tables I often don't play. I don't expect to ever leave Bronze Tournament level and I really enjoyed all these tables this month. I use to hate on Cactus Canyon but the tournament mode really helped me play better. I also dig Bride Of Pinbot and look forward to playing it more often from now on.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I'm with you Eaton, it's a long time since I played a lot of these tables. The tournaments give me a goal and gets me playing again, something to aim for. I wish FS would put more goals into each table but that isn't going to happen so tournaments will do.

Dylan_h

Mar 15, 2012
e4uru4y3.jpg

Ok well that settles it then I no longer trust any of this guys scores. Lets see what they do about this one.

RagingBull888

Sep 11, 2013
It would take you 65,090 seconds if you were making a Billionaire Club shot EVERY SECOND in order to get that score. There is only 1200 seconds in the tournament. I guess if you are going to put in a fake score, go big and get banned.

Speaking of the tournament, man I had rough go of it last night on Scared Stiff. Got to Scared Stiff mode twice and couldn't even get the Stiff o Meter up half way. Lots of innuendo in that I guess but needless to say that is not how I usually perform while playing Scared Stiff.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
It would take you 65,090 seconds if you were making a Billionaire Club shot EVERY SECOND in order to get that score. There is only 1200 seconds in the tournament. I guess if you are going to put in a fake score, go big and get banned.

Speaking of the tournament, man I had rough go of it last night on Scared Stiff. Got to Scared Stiff mode twice and couldn't even get the Stiff o Meter up half way. Lots of innuendo in that I guess but needless to say that is not how I usually perform while playing Scared Stiff.

Yeah I got it up just over halfway myself. Uhhh...

Dylan_h

Mar 15, 2012
So it looks like Farsight is going to care of the issue this time on Monday. They've responded to a thread on Fb about the bogus scores

inspector42

May 27, 2012
They said they would remove his score last time. Instead they congratulated him as the winner of the tournament.

inspector42

May 27, 2012
Also, does anyone know how all time rank is calculated? Seems like a big point difference between finishing 1st and 2nd when the scores are updated, but I'm curious exactly how the calculations work.

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
I think I talked to Moo on Facebook on The Pinball Arcade page. He uses the Facebook name Moo Hammad and has a cow as his avatar.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.