This game is a drainer

Dascoyne

Dec 11, 2013
My high score on TPA's STTNG is 108 Billion. The one in my basement? I top out around 17 billion. TPA got the drain-monster aspect exactly right in my opinion. The real version ABSOLUTELY punishes you for missing shots or slapping the ball around without purpose. It can be very frustrating for casual unfocused gameplay. But on the other hand, more than almost any other table, it rewards skill rather than luck.

By the way here's mine!

game.jpg

playfieldAndDmd.jpg

more pics:
http://www.theoverprivileged.com/pinball/
(applause).

That's a beauty you've got there!

I never played the game IRL but it's great to know how faithful the TPA version is.

I didn't know the graphic display was color! Would it have been so difficulty for Farsight to have done it properly in color instead of the amber display it has on my iOS?

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
Actually FarSight did get it right - the game's display is Amber-only. The ColorDMD I have in there is an aftermarket mod that came out last year. Crazy that companies are still actively developing mods for these 20 year old machines, eh?? The colorDMD really is an awesome mod.

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
Don't use my machine as a baseline for how accurate FarSight did visually -- I have dozens of mods in there. I Redid all the lighting, replaced all the ships with custom ones, added side mirrors inside the game, rigged the shuttle craft and Klingon ship to light up, etc. etc

Dascoyne

Dec 11, 2013
Don't use my machine as a baseline for how accurate FarSight did visually -- I have dozens of mods in there. I Redid all the lighting, replaced all the ships with custom ones, added side mirrors inside the game, rigged the shuttle craft and Klingon ship to light up, etc. etc
I'm speechless. Thanks again for sharing!

BigFoot HotFoot

Apr 3, 2015
I try for the spinner on the left side and I always hit the red target with that boink! sound, it comes right back to the right flipper and I can't help myself to try the same shot again then boink! down the middle, ball over.

ZREXMike

Jul 30, 2015
Yep Bigfoot, I call those Death Buttons, hit them & you lose the ball a good bit of the time. :)

Seems most of the modern tables have a warp speed mode heading for the drain when you miss a target or don't make it all the way up a ramp, or hit one of those little rubber pads. My favorite is the late shot that goes into the bottom of the slingshot bumpers (the ones right above the flippers) & bounces with lightning speed into the drain, on any table. But that's pinball! :)

Awesome pics of great actual tables, btw. My compliments!

ZREXMike

Jul 30, 2015
A favorite table, just like T2, the gunshots thing is fun to try to hit the targets with. Like someone said, punishes bad shots brutally, but I guess that makes it a challenge. :)

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
A favorite table, just like T2, the gunshots thing is fun to try to hit the targets with. Like someone said, punishes bad shots brutally, but I guess that makes it a challenge. :)

A challenge that most tables on TPA don't have, especially when you figure out the safe shots.

Really looking forward to the tournament level difficulty modes.

ZREXMike

Jul 30, 2015
I still can't keep the outlanes from draining the ball, a good bit of the time, but I'm better than I was. :)

MWink

Jan 13, 2013
I still can't keep the outlanes from draining the ball, a good bit of the time, but I'm better than I was. :)

If the ball appears to be heading for an outlane give the table a single nudge up as the ball nears the top of the slingshot. I've found this to be very effective in preventing outlane drains.

ZREXMike

Jul 30, 2015
thanks 4 the tip MWink, I try to do that, but if you get in a hurry & get sloppy with the nudge, you can wind up helping the ball into the outlane. That's pinball though! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.