I know they want to be authentic to the stock machine...

Baramos

Aug 18, 2013
...but c'mon, the hand looks so much cooler when its moving!

It would maybe be a framerate issue, though...

night

May 18, 2012
If FarSight wanted to keep the authentic look on this one, then why does it look like a horrible pixel-crap on my ipad? One of worst looking tables in TPA history, I refuse to play it in free demo mode.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
...but c'mon, the hand looks so much cooler when its moving!

It would maybe be a framerate issue, though...

The licensors of the original tables do not allow FarSight to recreate their tables using aftermarket mods.

If FarSight wanted to keep the authentic look on this one, then why does it look like a horrible pixel-crap on my ipad? One of worst looking tables in TPA history, I refuse to play it in free demo mode.

I've seen you state this numerous times, but I fail to see exactly what you are referring to when you say "horrible pixel-crap" as Class of 1812 looks very clean on both my iPad 4 and Galaxy S4. I believe there are other tables in TPA which do not look as clean as Class of 1812, so I definitely wouldn't call it "One of the worst tables in TPA history". The only problem I have with Class of 1812 are the plastics that lead to the flippers on either side as they look overly bright and washed out on mobile devices.

night

May 18, 2012
I've seen you state this numerous times, but I fail to see exactly what you are referring to when you say "horrible pixel-crap" as Class of 1812 looks very clean on both my iPad 4 and Galaxy S4. I believe there are other tables in TPA which do not look as clean as Class of 1812, so I definitely wouldn't call it "One of the worst tables in TPA history". The only problem I have with Class of 1812 are the plastics that lead to the flippers on either side as they look overly bright and washed out on mobile devices.

The playfield on the iPad2 is blurry and pixelated. It looks terrible and there is no excuse for that. (Don't blame the iPad2 here, read on) This table was done by a different graphics team, I can tell that with my eyes closed. Also the image mapping on the slingshots are so-so quality, color balance (slingshots where just blue at first release!), the ugly white backdrop of the spiderweb and the cheap heart animation reveals that this table is poorly executed. I am almost 100% sure the same team did CC as well, as I can see the exact same poor graphics on that table as well (pixels/poor 3D elements, overblown colors, ect.). It cannot compare to the high-quality of many TPA tables, especially the season 3 tables, which are obviously done by a more skilled team and the quality is superb on my iPad2.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
The playfield on the iPad2 is blurry and pixelated. It looks terrible and there is no excuse for that. (Don't blame the iPad2 here, read on) This table was done by a different graphics team, I can tell that with my eyes closed. Also the image mapping on the slingshots are so-so quality, color balance (slingshots where just blue at first release!), the ugly white backdrop of the spiderweb and the cheap heart animation reveals that this table is poorly executed. I am almost 100% sure the same team did CC as well, as I can see the exact same poor graphics on that table as well (pixels/poor 3D elements, overblown colors, ect.). It cannot compare to the high-quality of many TPA tables, especially the season 3 tables, which are obviously done by a more skilled team and the quality is superb on my iPad2.

Since I don't own an iPad 2 to compare with my devices, I'll take your word for it. Also, I wasn't blaming the iPad 2...was just wondering what you were seeing on your device that I wasn't seeing on my devices. Thanks for the feedback.

night

May 18, 2012
Since I don't own an iPad 2 to compare with my devices, I'll take your word for it. Also, I wasn't blaming the iPad 2...was just wondering what you were seeing on your device that I wasn't seeing on my devices. Thanks for the feedback.

Why it is that the iPad2 has this issues I don't know, but do I know this, it isn't the iPad2 that is not capable of displaying good quality image maps. (Otherwise it would have been a structural problem across many tables). I hope that this kind of graphic issues belongs to the past, TPA deserves better. Perhaps the pressure of '2 tables a month' caused this kind of issues.
Anyway, so far season 3 proves that the quality is high, looking forward to BK2000.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012

The Ipad2 display is a blurry pixelated mess, when compared to the iPad3 and pretty well any recent display.

The issue with 1812 is that it's a really busy playfield as it is, but it's not blurry on the Nexus 7.

night

May 18, 2012
The Ipad2 display is a blurry pixelated mess, when compared to the iPad3 and pretty well any recent display.

The issue with 1812 is that it's a really busy playfield as it is, but it's not blurry on the Nexus 7.

What you say makes no sense, as I can pick 10 tables that as just as busy without any pixelerated issues on the iPad2.

Last edited:

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
But it's possible the artwork doesn't work well with your screen. Very possible. The artwork seems fine on both of mine and a rotated pc monitor at higher resolutions or similar resolutions with a higher ppi

night

May 18, 2012
But it's possible the artwork doesn't work well with your screen. Very possible. The artwork seems fine on both of mine and a rotated pc monitor at higher resolutions or similar resolutions with a higher ppi

It's up to FarSight to make it work, in this case the specific graphics team who did this job. The iPad can handle this type of playfields more than perfect. Exactly the same dreadful quality can be seen on CC, and I recognize the same graphic style on this table when I compere it with Class of 1812. Look at Black Rose, pretty complex, lots of elements and things going on. But razor-sharp on my good ol' iPad2.

night

May 18, 2012
Did you turn mipmapping off? The table is an ugly mess with it on and sharp as a tack with it on.

That's an option only for the Android. But thanks for the tip. Actually, I did play with that on my HTC, but my phone is too small and a bit too slow to play TPA on it.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Being a bit older a device it might be forced to use a lower res texture . If you are seeing what I'm seeing then I agree it's pretty horrible. Tpa looks terrible on my note 2 with mipmapping on but it doesn't seem to have any effect on my nexus. It's possibly the reason that pinwiz doesn't see the issue as well

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
for what its worth 1812 doesnt look any worse on my ipad 1 compared to three kthers than whats expected

Members online

Members online